It's a hopeless situation...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited July 2018
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I damn near had to change my shorts when i saw this yesterday!!  Looks so good!  The shot of Trevor with the morning star, more Alucard, and I don't know if it's Hector but in the one profile shot of Dracula's face the guy in the background is wearing what appears to be Devil Forgemaster garb.  And that couldn't possibly be demon-Grant jumping from the ceiling near the end, could it?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2018
    Orange is the New Black is back on. Anyone watching after last year's shit show?
    I haven't started the new season yet, but will soon enough ... but I actually really enjoyed last year's season.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Orange is the New Black is back on. Anyone watching after last year's shit show?
    I haven't started the new season yet, but will soon enough ... but I actually really enjoyed last year's season.
    I thought it dragged on way too long. I've enjoyed the few episodes I've seen of this season so far.
    I'm through with screaming
    Saw the first two episodes and i like it..

https://youtu.be/Gp_RnJcb8Ig
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Been like 20 years since I last saw it, but I found Single White Female and rewatched it. Something special about these sleezy early 90s (erotic) thrillers.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Been like 20 years since I last saw it, but I found Single White Female and rewatched it. Something special about these sleezy early 90s (erotic) thrillers.
    That movie always tripped me out a little bit because the protagonist has the exact same full name as me, lol. That was pretty awesome back in high school. This movie was super popular when it came out!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Been like 20 years since I last saw it, but I found Single White Female and rewatched it. Something special about these sleezy early 90s (erotic) thrillers.
    I know what you mean. I've noticed that Double Jeopardy is on Amazon and thought about all those Basic Instinct knock offs from the early 90's that either starred one of the Baldwins or Richard Gere and had an actress along the lines of Basinger, Moore or Stone in them. Pure popcorn drama.
    edited August 2018
    tbergs said:
    I know what you mean. I've noticed that Double Jeopardy is on Amazon and thought about all those Basic Instinct knock offs from the early 90's that either starred one of the Baldwins or Richard Gere and had an actress along the lines of Basinger, Moore or Stone in them. Pure popcorn drama.
    Basic Instinct is a damn entertaining movie. I remember something very weird about it: McDonald's used to sell VHS movies with your meal for an extra $6.99, and the selection was Ghost and Basic Instinct. In retrospect, that is a bit hilarious. I didn't even bat an eyelash about it back then, lol.
    Haha at "sleezy ealy 90s (erotic) thrillers". I never really thought about it, but yeah, that was kind of a hallmark of that era, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    Basic Instinct is a damn entertaining movie. I remember something very weird about it: McDonald's used to sell VHS movies with your meal for an extra $6.99, and the selection was Ghost and Basic Instinct. In retrospect, that is a bit hilarious. I didn't even bat an eyelash about it back then, lol.
    Haha at "sleezy ealy 90s (erotic) thrillers". I never really thought about it, but yeah, that was kind of a hallmark of that era, lol.
    I agree, it was a good movie. So, was McDonald's marketing that as their adult version of a Happy Meal? ;)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    I agree, it was a good movie. So, was McDonald's marketing that as their adult version of a Happy Meal? ;)
    Roast Beef sammie?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    Lol, I suppose so!
  • tbergs said:
    Haha. Catched Double Jeopardy like a month ago on the TV with my mom. We spent some time reminiscing about mom renting in when it came out.

Too bad Ashley Judd went away. She was good in Heat, and this one and a few other movies back then.

And the late 90s had a lot of movies pairing a young actress (Ashley Judd or Angeline Jolie) with an elder man (Tommy Lee Jones or Morgan Freeman).
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2018
    Steven Weber getting hit in the eye with a stiletto shoe was cheesy though. Up till that point I actually took Single White Female quite seriously. But they couldn't really pull off the violence.

• Next movie will be The Warriors. Has never seen it.
    edited August 2018
    Steven Weber getting hit in the eye with a stiletto shoe was cheesy though. Up till that point I actually took Single White Female quite seriously. But they couldn't really pull off the violence.

Know what's really weird, which you just reminded me of now ... Bridget Fonda had my full name in the movie, and my boyfriend at that time was named Steve Webber. Seriously! :lol:
  • Gonna finish off Altered States now. Anyone seen it?

That must be good..

https://youtu.be/zg0N4L4mwFk
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I watched Extinction ... 6/10 ... kinda B movie-ish that could have been better in the right directorial (and budget) hands

Hardcore Henry ... entertaining quick super violent videogame like movie

• Started watching Mike Nichols "Primary Colors" yesterday. Man it was cringey. John Travoltas Bill Clinton-impersonation is hard to sit through.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PJ_Soul said:

Know what's really weird, which you just reminded me of now ... Bridget Fonda had my full name in the movie, and my boyfriend at that time was named Steve Webber. Seriously! :lol:
    :lol: 
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    If you’re interested in a sleazy 80’s erotic thriller try Body Double. Melanie Griffith is in it.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    If you’re interested in a sleazy 80’s erotic thriller try Body Double. Melanie Griffith is in it.
    Body Double is an awesome film noir
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Body Double is an awesome film noir
    The Hot Spot FTW!!! (I don't know if it's on Netflix, though.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Can't wait for the new season!!

https://youtu.be/IW3T7GEHs_8
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited September 2018
    Norm Macdonald's show looks good. Comes out Friday. 

Other than Ozark and Narcos, which I'm kind of on hiatus with at the moment, I find myself watching a bunch of Office returns. Those first five seasons were so well done. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Other than Ozark and Narcos, which I'm kind of on hiatus with at the moment, I find myself watching a bunch of Office returns. Those first five seasons were so well done. 
    Yep. I started Narcos a long time ago and found it good, but haven't caught up. I actually just started re-watching Breaking Bad. Amazing how far that show came from the first few episodes. The quality wasn't as great at the beginning, but it progressed quickly and they have carried that forward for all of Better Call Saul.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

I've been doing the same thing with The Office.  So damn funny.  The season after Michael left was pretty rough, but the final season rebounded a bit and is pretty good....actually only have a few more episodes to watch to finish it up.  Think I may go back and watch Parks and Rec again when I'm done.