Options

Congrats to the Eagles!

2»

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh man, that is a sad story!
    .... I never particularly liked the 80s metal bands. I still don't, really. I can appreciate them, but they're still not really my cup of tea at all. I think the closest I ever really got to 80s metal was GnR, lol. Well, Metallica I guess too, but really I only like the Black album, which was both 90s and generally poo'd poo'd by metal purists, hahaha ... And I think Ozzy's best work is Ozzmosis, that is a great album, so do what you will with that, lol, and thank god I've still got my tongue!!
    Understandable.  Even though PJ are my favorites I still listen to a lot (a lot!) of 80s metal music.  By genre depth it is my favorite.  I do not justify that beyond my own love and nostalgia for being a youngster so completely into music and loving the hell out of those records.
    Totally understand others thinking it is goofy and I will cop to loving Klosterman's Fargo Rock City so much more because of his acceptance of his devotion to 80s metal wierdos.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    I try to not congratulate people making naked 15 years olds  OD in their mansions.

But that song Victim of Love is the shit.
    I was really confused after you mentioned Victim of Love, since it's on Vol. 2, which I consider superior to Vol. 1. I had this whole post started until I realized I was referencing the wrong album :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I try to not congratulate people making naked 15 years olds  OD in their mansions.

But that song Victim of Love is the shit.
    I was really confused after you mentioned Victim of Love, since it's on Vol. 2, which I consider superior to Vol. 1. I had this whole post started until I realized I was referencing the wrong album :lol:
    I don't know enough about their albums... I mostly listen to that live album that's on Spotify. And only been listening for a month or two since I saw the documentary. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    I really enjoy Vol 1. and Thriller both. I would put Thriller above Vol. 1, but not Vol. 2. I love those 2 albums and so do our kids. I have both Vol. 1 and Thriller on vinyl. Eagles Vol. 2 is something that I loved to death after finding the cassette at my grandparents house in my aunt's old room when we were cleaning out their house when I was 12. That is an awesome album.

I could care less who is on top of an antiquated system. Sales like that will never happen again because of digital music. Thriller is a solid album front to back, which is a rare feat. Taking the greatest hits of a band is easier than one solid album  recorded at one time.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    The Dude and I share the same feelings about the Eagles.
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Shakescky said:
    In 1995-6 you couldn't get away from Hotel California.  EVERYONE listened to that song.

I went to work n Alaska and I personally saw African, German, Vietnamese, Mexican, South American and Polish people rocking out to that damn song.  

My loathing of that song and the band has continued since then...

One summer they were playing in LA somewhere and they were broadcasting the Hell Freezes Over show.  Friend of mine says "hey man, Katerina, Skeeter and the rest are at this show!"

My reply, "who gives a shit.  Change the station..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited August 2018
    Shakescky said:
    In 1995-6 you couldn't get away from Hotel California.  EVERYONE listened to that song.

I went to work n Alaska and I personally saw African, German, Vietnamese, Mexican, South American and Polish people rocking out to that damn song.  

One summer they were playing in LA somewhere and they were broadcasting the Hell Freezes Over show.  Friend of mine says "hey man, Katerina, Skeeter and the rest are at this show!"

I was drunk and decided to sing it on karaoke night at some bar in 1997 or so, and I got heckled mercilessly. :lol: 
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Shakescky said:

Classic and good song, definitely one that gets played too much though.
    Objectively, you can't deny the classic rock deliciousness of that melody and ultra-famous guitar solo any more than you could objectively deny the deliciousness of rhythm and memorability of Billie Jean.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    The only problem with Hotel California is the chorus which is so famous and well known. The moody lyrics in the verses are quite nice.

"You can check out, but you can... never leeeeeaveeee"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Shakescky said:

Classic and good song, definitely one that gets played too much though.
    Objectively, you can't deny the classic rock deliciousness of that melody and ultra-famous guitar solo any more than you could objectively deny the deliciousness of rhythm and memorability of Billie Jean.
    I actually preferred the live version with the bongos in the beginning.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Shakescky said:

I was drunk and decided to sing it on karaoke night at some bar in 1997 or so, and I got heckles mercilessly. :lol: 
    THAT is when you sing even louder!!!