Options

But then some PJ fans are freakin’ A-MAY-ZING!!!

JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
edited August 2018 in The Porch
Hi all, I’m the fan that was so bummed last weekend because someone stole my new PJ sweatshirt from my tray as it went through airport security. 

You guys were sympathetic & comforting and I appreciated the support a lot.

But then one of you... Mikemzl91... you piped up with “Hey, sorry to hear that. I have one of those in your size, I’ll mail it to you. Heck, I’ll even throw in a t-shirt your size from Seattle 2013.”  Like, WHAT???  Incredible!

He didn’t ask for anything in return, and wouldn’t even let me pay postage!!

Less than a week later, look what arrived today!! [Writing this on my phone, gonna have to upload pic separately cuz I’m useless]

I just don’t even know what to say beyond a  GIANT THANK YOU MIKE!!! You just made me so grateful once again to be part of this incredible fan community.

Despite the really bummer stories of “Fans Behaving Badly” of late, always important to remember that the vast majority of PJ fans are the best fans there are. 

And a a few are rare gems for sure, like Mikemzl91.  Thanks Mike!!!
Post edited by JH6056 on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    [Oops, double post =) ]
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    These are the kind of stories I love reading on here. Awesome to see how @Mikemzl91 came through for you. Sucks that are some low people out there to steal a sweater from you like that at the airport. Glad you were able to score another one. Major applause for Mike.
  • Options
    Yes, seriously amazing.  I love reading these stories too, just not used to being the lucky recipient of the awesomeness like this!

Mike clearly rules!! 
  • Options
    hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110
    Typical Jamily behavior bro, that's why I'm optimistic someone will see my plea for a fenway night 1 ticket. 
    HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    So amazing. This is the PJ fan behavior that I'm used to and have benefited from repeatedly. Bravo!
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    Tremendous. What a community!
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited September 2018
    Delete
    Post edited by Mikemzl91 on
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    That is so fantastic!!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,892
    This whole story is great to hear. Hope for humanity.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Well then, right on Meghan!!  You are doing awesome work, so glad you had a great time at Wrigley!

And @Mikemzl91, in case it helps you feel even better about your gift to me as well, I ran half of an entire city's foster care/child welfare program and now help the most at-risk kids in another major city's schools to have the right supports provided.  So once again, if you are happy to help do-gooders, I'd say I'm a do-gooder too and thanks, you really brought a smile!
  • Options
    I also met a lot of assholes in Chicago, those people need to chill their scenes.

This is Pearl Jam we don't need that shit. 
  • Options
    None of which were from Chicago.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    if i start typing about nice and generous pj fans,ill stop in 2026 ..
    awesome story..\
    there are SO MANY amazing people in the community..the thing is to find them and hang wioth them,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I like it!
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    PJ fans kick ass!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    Vegas - 93 / Vegas - 06 / Berkeley (Eddie) - 08 / LA - 09 / SD - 09 / Santa Barbara (Eddie) - 11 / LA - 13 / Dana Point (Eddie - Ohana) - 17 / Boston Sept 2 and 4 - 18 / Ohana 18 / Ohana 19
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Good stuff. :rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    See the source image
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    This is so cool! It’s great that this band has the great fanbase to reflect their great music. Mike, everyone wants you to know that you are awesome and we all appreciate it!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    I love this.  Wrigley 2 was my first Pearl Jam show and one of the things that struck me was the sense of community among the fans in the stadium.  I've been seeing DMB since 2002 - 36 shows - and the crowds have become increasingly less like what I saw at Pearl Jam.  It's gotten to the point where I dread who will be around me at those shows.  I didn't experience any of that at PJ.  I joined the Ten Club this week and can't wait for my next show.  Way to be awesome you all, and I'm excited to be part of this.
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    I love this.  Wrigley 2 was my first Pearl Jam show and one of the things that struck me was the sense of community among the fans in the stadium.  I've been seeing DMB since 2002 - 36 shows - and the crowds have become increasingly less like what I saw at Pearl Jam.  It's gotten to the point where I dread who will be around me at those shows.  I didn't experience any of that at PJ.  I joined the Ten Club this week and can't wait for my next show.  Way to be awesome you all, and I'm excited to be part of this.
    Ha- so funny you've mentioned this. I'm an old dead head, saw PJ a lot in the 90's (well not the definition of a lot some see here, but at least yearly) and also followed DMB. I have some fantastic friends I've met along the way but we're all in the PJ camp now.  We help each other with merch, tickets, whatever we can do. 

I was disappointed N2 in Chicago because I saw some really bad behaviors, in the concourses where it was humid and there were packed masses of humanity who were all uncomfortable. The reconfigured, post evacuation pit was also cringe worthy because it also showed the worst in people. People giddy they got one on people who waited all day and those salty they lost their spots. 

However, I focused on the good of the weekend.  To the person who met my wife and I where we chatted for a while at Murphy's, to him grabbing me a Thomas poster cause he knew I wanted it.  The shows were incredible, and the people who just talked about the different experiences they've had made it worth the trip.  I won't let some bad moments ruin an entire trip. 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    Dude I'm totally creeped out that you somehow have video of me reacting to receiving this package!  Big Brother indeed...

=)=) 
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    That's awesome!
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    met some great people on my trip to Chicago this time around.  Two other 10C guys were cool enough to switch seats with me so me, my wife and our two friends could seat together.  seats were in different section so would totally have understood if they didn't want to ,but  they did.  so a round was on me!  and too funny to go all the way to Chicago to talk with other folks from JERSEY!  great time and looking forward to Fenway2.  don't ever let a couple assholes define the community
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    1upstate said:
    Ha- so funny you've mentioned this. I'm an old dead head, saw PJ a lot in the 90's (well not the definition of a lot some see here, but at least yearly) and also followed DMB. I have some fantastic friends I've met along the way but we're all in the PJ camp now.  We help each other with merch, tickets, whatever we can do. 

I was disappointed N2 in Chicago because I saw some really bad behaviors, in the concourses where it was humid and there were packed masses of humanity who were all uncomfortable. The reconfigured, post evacuation pit was also cringe worthy because it also showed the worst in people. People giddy they got one on people who waited all day and those salty they lost their spots. 

However, I focused on the good of the weekend.  To the person who met my wife and I where we chatted for a while at Murphy's, to him grabbing me a Thomas poster cause he knew I wanted it.  The shows were incredible, and the people who just talked about the different experiences they've had made it worth the trip.  I won't let some bad moments ruin an entire trip. 
    Yeah I'm not naive to think that there aren't going to be some of those people at any concert, and the delay and cramming people into the concourse I'm sure exaggerated some of that.  We fortunately were in 218 and under cover so we just stayed where we were, and the people we got to hang with during the delay were incredible.
  • Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 570
    I always like to buy an extra poster and walk it to the person at the end of the line and tell them that sometimes it pays to be last. Did it in Chicago last weekend and the young lady who happened to be last in line thought it was a joke. Just handed it to her and walked away. 
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    PJammin said:
    I always like to buy an extra poster and walk it to the person at the end of the line and tell them that sometimes it pays to be last. Did it in Chicago last weekend and the young lady who happened to be last in line thought it was a joke. Just handed it to her and walked away. 
    That’s freaking awesome. I like that.  Might have to hijack your idea there.  :rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Mike! You are the man. Thanks for renewing my faith in HUMANITY 

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    PJammin said:
    nice work!  I tried to giveaway my extra on Saturday night here but ended up eating it.  walked around Wrigley looking for someone to just give it to but I didnt wanna end up giving to to someone that would just sell it.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited August 2018
    That's awesome. As soon as I saw your original post about the airport incident I knew someone would be helping you out, because that's what happens around here. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 570
    JP218404 said:
    PJammin said:
    nice work!  I tried to giveaway my extra on Saturday night here but ended up eating it.  walked around Wrigley looking for someone to just give it to but I didnt wanna end up giving to to someone that would just sell it.  
    I hear ya. I ate a single floor seat on Monday night. Tried my best to find someone but the weather scared off most.