Options

Netflixs' "NARCOS" show

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I have two more episodes to go in Season 2. I really thought they would prob be finished after two season, good to hear they will be doing more.
    I believe there is a Season 3 teaser already available.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

Season 2 good?

oh yeah..
    respecta...viva colombia puta madre!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

Season 2 good?

Very good. Just blew through it over the past few days. Great story and great acting. Can't wait for the next season.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    was sick the last two days. watched about 10 episodes. one left to finish season 2. this show is DAMN good. and the subtitles don't bother me as much as I thought they would. you get used to it. it makes it more authentic.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    edited October 2016
    ah, yeah, I finished season 2 over the past weekend. I love it.

Do you think they make Pablo out to be a sympathetic figure at all in season 2? With all the concentration on his family and all? I mean they showed all his bombings and everything, but I didn't find myself hating him as much as I expected. Perhaps it was just because it was such a shorter amount of time and there wasn't as much going on in terms of killing and everything
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    fuck. I guess I don't need to watch the last episode now.

edited for spoiler
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Do you think they make Pablo out to be a sympathetic figure at all in season 2? With all the concentration on his family and all? I mean they showed all his bombings and everything, but I didn't find myself hating him as much as I expected. Perhaps it was just because it was such a shorter amount of time and there wasn't as much going on in terms of killing and everything, but I don't know, I expected to be happier when he got killed.

HA! I mean, yeah, spoiler alert...

Just want till you find out what happened the day after 9/10/2001!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I went into this show not knowing anything really at all about escobar.

edited for spoiler
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2016

Do you think they make Pablo out to be a sympathetic figure at all in season 2? With all the concentration on his family and all? I mean they showed all his bombings and everything, but I didn't find myself hating him as much as I expected. Perhaps it was just because it was such a shorter amount of time and there wasn't as much going on in terms of killing and everything, but I don't know, I expected to be happier when he got killed.

HA! I mean, yeah, spoiler alert...

Just want till you find out what happened the day after 9/10/2001!
    I went into this show not knowing anything really at all about escobar. .
    Oh, ha. my bad...now i feel bad..
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    edited October 2016

to answer the pre-spoiler question, I think they made him out to be a sympathetic character on purpose. that seems to be the trend with these types of shows now. there is no black hat or white hat anymore. look at Dexter, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, etc. They are all conflicted in their own ways, commit both heinous acts but also act in heroic ways other times.

I did find it interesting that a drug lord who can justify killing innocent women and children would "let" his wife talk to him in any way out of turn like that. I mean, my impression (probably through past movies and tv shows, mind you) is that these types are usually the "women and children should be seen and not heard" types, and rarely, if ever, show a vulnerability to his spouse, or are really a family man who plays with his kids at all. But hey, maybe he was like that. Who knows.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I will edit my responses to your spoiler. Please edit all of your spoilers and quotes of spoilers. that way people seeing this for the first time won't be spoiled. Cool?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2016
    screwed up editing feature.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

to answer the pre-spoiler question, I think they made him out to be a sympathetic character on purpose. that seems to be the trend with these types of shows now. there is no black hat or white hat anymore. look at Dexter, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, etc. They are all conflicted in their own ways, commit both heinous acts but also act in heroic ways other times.

I did find it interesting that a drug lord who can justify killing innocent women and children would "let" his wife talk to him in any way out of turn like that. I mean, my impression (probably through past movies and tv shows, mind you) is that these types are usually the "women and children should be seen and not heard" types, and rarely, if ever, show a vulnerability to his spouse, or are really a family man who plays with his kids at all. But hey, maybe he was like that. Who knows.

Yeah, I do agree that they often do that with these kind of shows. I guess a lot of this also comes out of the fact that the writer and creator was on Fresh Air and he talk about how the dude was a monster. He didn't seem to have an ounce of sympathy for the guy, then this season, it kinda shows a softer side to him that you alluded to.
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    This show is awesome! That is all.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,260
    edited August 2018
    Just started Season 2. I was wondering why the Netflix preview picture thing doesn't even have a picture of Pablo but instead a few people who aren't even in the show yet, or at least to my knowledge...

Then some people at work were telling me they think the 3rd season isn't as good as the first two but they didn't tell me why to avoid any spoilers.

So I'm talking to my brother about this (he's one of the one's who told me to get into the show in the first place) and he goes "Yeah, well, they probably just don't like the third one as much because Pablo isn't in it anymore."

That SON OF A BITCH. I should've just punched him square in the jaw. Fuck. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Just started Season 2. I was wondering why the Netflix preview picture thing doesn't even have a picture of Pablo but instead a few people who aren't even in the show yet, or at least to my knowledge...

Then some people at work were telling me they think the 3rd season isn't as good as the first two but they didn't tell me why to avoid any spoilers.

So I'm talking to my brother about this (he's one of the one's who told me to get into the show in the first place) and he goes "Yeah, well, they probably just don't like the third one as much because Pablo isn't in it anymore."

The 3rd season blows the other 2 away. Every episode is like it's own movie. Very well done.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,260
    JK_Livin said:

The 3rd season blows the other 2 away. Every episode is like it's own movie. Very well done.
    Nice. For what it's worth, my brother said something similar. 
    chinese-happy.jpg