Options

Setlist shirt supply?

Just curious what kind of numbers of the setlist shirts are being produced. For those at the Home Shows, how quickly did the setlist shirts sell out the next day? I've already given up the dream of getting a Thomas poster for Wrigley after two days of trying, but hoping to offset that disappointment with a setlist shirt on Sunday. Not sure how early I need to be in line for noon merch tent opening. Any Home Show vets with some guidance?
"But first he was stripped and then he was stabbed by faceless men, well, fuckers, he still stands!"
"No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead..."
"'You're still alive,' she said.  Oh, and do I deserve to be?  Is that the question?  And if so...if so...who answers?...who answers?" 
"I believe, and I believe 'cuz I can see our future days. Days of you and me."

1998.08.26 Cleveland/Cuyahoga Falls; 2000.10.14 Houston; 2000.10.15 Houston; 2003.04.06 Houston;
2004.10.02 Toledo; 2006.05.20 Cleveland; 2006.05.22 Auburn Hills; 2010.05.06 Columbus;
2010.05.09 Cleveland; 2014.10.01 Cincinnati; 2016.04.26 Lexington; 2018.08.18 Chicago N1;
2018.08.18 Chicago N2; 2022.09.08 Toronto; 2022.09.22 Denver; 2023.09.10 Noblesville, IN

Comments

• Options
    Get in line now
  • Options
    The only way most of us are going to get them is if they release them here
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 592
    I wish they would sell them through the site, really wanted to get a setlist shirt, didnt see them walking out of the venue, and now I have seen them posted on ebay! - - When/where were they selling the setlist shirt? (for Chicago N1 2018)
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    RhinoJam said:
    I wish they would sell them through the site, really wanted to get a setlist shirt, didnt see them walking out of the venue, and now I have seen them posted on ebay! - - When/where were they selling the setlist shirt? (for Chicago N1 2018)
    Hearing they printed 650 of them and they went on sale and sold out yesterday. 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Why wouldn’t they just make more Setlist shirts and donate proceeds to the homelessness cause
    Crazy how people were aloud to buy boxes of these shirts obviously to resell.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    There's a seller from Indonesia selling all the 2018 Pearl Jam setlist shirts - bootlegs of course.   Not sure why Ten Club allows this.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,996
    RobbyD462 said:
    Why wouldn’t they just make more Setlist shirts and donate proceeds to the homelessness cause
    Crazy how people were aloud to buy boxes of these shirts obviously to resell.
    In Chicago, they had a 2 shirt limit for setlist shirts. I did hear that rumor of the guy in Seattle buying a whole box. Not sure if true.
  • Options
    There's a seller from Indonesia selling all the 2018 Pearl Jam setlist shirts - bootlegs of course.   Not sure why Ten Club allows this.
    The don't allow it, they're from Indonesia.  All they can do is complain to Ebay, which takes them down, which is why the sellers appear to be relatively new. 

As someone who was once in the screen print business, these are not difficult to recreate, right up to the shitty quality shirt that they sell "officially".  Take a photo of the set posted on social media. project it onto a screen and boom, there's your set. 

Same thing for the front, what are they 2-3 color screen at best?  It's not that hard. And the cost? About $2-3 each... 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    1upstate said:
    The don't allow it, they're from Indonesia.  All they can do is complain to Ebay, which takes them down, which is why the sellers appear to be relatively new. 

As someone who was once in the screen print business, these are not difficult to recreate, right up to the shitty quality shirt that they sell "officially".  Take a photo of the set posted on social media. project it onto a screen and boom, there's your set. 

Same thing for the front, what are they 2-3 color screen at best?  It's not that hard. And the cost? About $2-3 each... 
    And as much as I want to see my band get paid, you create a black market for your own goods when you're not willing to sell those goods yourself.   The best way they could kibash it would be to put out an ample supply and sell 'em online.  
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 897
    Zod said:
    1upstate said:

And as much as I want to see my band get paid, you create a black market for your own goods when you're not willing to sell those goods yourself.   The best way they could kibash it would be to put out an ample supply and sell 'em online.  
    Just like the bootleg cd’s, better off profiting from the demand than give it to someone stealing your property and selling it
  • Options
    1upstate said:

love this idea. thanks
    i am going to check it out and see if it can be done locally
    was there a setlist shirt for both seattle shows or just 1 show only
    anyone know?
    thanks
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358

Both shows had a setlist shirt.
  • Options
    1upstate said:

love this idea. thanks
    i am going to check it out and see if it can be done locally
    anyone know?
    thanks
    With minimal design work you could have a 1 off digitally printed replica done on a site like spreadshirt.com
    Ive done it before
  • Options
    good intel. ty. i dont mind paying someone to grab the pictures from the net and put it on a shirt for me.
    =way cheaper than ebay and with no line up!

• Options
    You all are making it sound so easy. It's not 
  • Options
    Don't reprint a damn shirt...
  • Options
    why? besides it's not a "damn" shirt lol
  • Options
    right before i sold my 1998 print for 50times face value(lol) i took a digital pic of it.
    gonna take that to the print shop and make a poster of it   ;)
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    I inadvertently bought a bootleg Afghan Whigs shirt a few years back. Seemed like someone did exactly this - took the image of their old Stax-esque logo and ran off a bunch of replicas. The quality is awful - the detail of the design is poor, the feel of the print just as bad. You're better off setting the money on fire.
  • Options
    scrappysatticscrappysattic Lawrence, KS Posts: 302
    right before i sold my 1998 print for 50times face value(lol) i took a digital pic of it.
    gonna take that to the print shop and make a poster of it   ;)
    Which poster was it?

96' - Hartford
    98'- Hartford, Mansfield Night 2
    00' - Mansfield Night 2
    03' - Mansfield Night 1
    04' - VFC St Louis
    10' - Kansas City
    13' - OKC
    14' - St Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln
    16' - Chicago Night 1

17' EV  Louisville, KY

18' Wrigley Night 1

• Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited September 2018
    ^^ look to ebay where i will sell digital copies, blown up to original size and printed on quality 18x24 card/rag stock
    $10 each. shipping extra !!
    why this is not happening already is a mystery what with the prices ebay commands on some/most prints

p.s. i am joking but trying to make a point also  ;)
  • Options
    why? besides it's not a "damn" shirt lol
    Dang shirt?!?