Options

Still amazed at PJ concert in Roma!

My husband and I left two teenagers (17 and 19) home alone (“ we promise not to have a party”) in July and went to Italy for 9 days. Seeing PJ in Rome was the highlight of the trip. We were celebrating me turning 50 this year and being cancer free for 5 yrs. Woohoo! Spent the first few days in Rome. Saw PJ at the Stadio Olympico and they were unbelievable. Of course we had seen them before but this concert was so special. No opening bands, started on time, sound was fabulous and band played for over three hours. I cried about three times. Pearl Jam is getting better with age. We later cruised down to the Amalfi Coast to kick back. I can’t wait for the next destination concert. 

Comments

• Options
    Amalfi Coast that's some bucket list stuff right there!
    you got a lot to be happy for!!
    even turning 50 isn't that bad   ;)  ha ha
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 835
    It was an amazing show.. My wife and I had 3 days in Rome and were expecting that show just to be an added extra on top of the others we had this Year. But I agree with you, the sound was amazing , glorious show and set and a beautiful night. Really special. It was a wonderful few days in a city we had both wanted to visit at some point!
  • Options
    SP145555SP145555 Cardiff Posts: 39
    It was fantastic, that was my 10th gig and 9th with my wife. She preferred the London 2 show but still not as good as Leeds 2014! 

As much as I would love to have the poster, stickers etc there was no way I was waiting around for those when theres a city like Rome to explore. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Was an amazing night. Band seemed to be having fun. Weather was perfect. My daughters first show and they played the 2 songs she really wanted to hear. Only the merch mess was a negative....but I didn’t really participate. Just grabbed a shirt and keychain late. Daughter wanted a poster but we weren’t willing to waste a day in Rome for it!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    how's the bootleg?

• Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    I don’t know about the show......but I am amazed by the poster for the show!
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula