EVIL LITTLE GOAT @ Wrigley

WashedWashed Posts: 736
edited July 2018 in The Porch
One month from today will be an epic day at Wrigley for Pearl Jam fans! As a part of that Saturday night show, can you please play Evil Little Goat for the first time ever? Who knows, maybe it will help break the curse of the billy goat!

Here's more on the curse:
The Curse of the Billy Goat is a sports-related curse that was placed on the Chicago Cubs Major League Baseball franchise in 1945 when Billy Goat Tavern owner Billy Sianis was asked to leave game 4 of the World Series against the Detroit Tigers at the Cubs' home ballpark of Wrigley Field because the odor of his pet goat (named Murphy) was bothering other fans. He was outraged and allegedly declared "Them Cubs, they ain't gonna win no more," which has been interpreted to mean that there would never be another World Series game won at Wrigley Field. The Cubs have not won a World Series since 1908 or played in one since 1945.

this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
Post edited by Washed on

Comments

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Drop its LEASH while we are at it to break the curse.
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    ha ha ha - I like it. Those two would go well together - maybe Evil Little Goat to intro into Leash!
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Over 20 years since Leash has been played in Chicago! Not to mention its only been played once. no pun intended.
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Knocking off the dust on this request I posted before the 2016 Wrigley show in the hopes that maybe Monday it’ll make it back onto the set list and not get scratched! Let’s celebrate the curse being broken!
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Washed said:
    Knocking off the dust on this request I posted before the 2016 Wrigley show in the hopes that maybe Monday it’ll make it back onto the set list and not get scratched! Let’s celebrate the curse being broken!
    Was on the original setlist for Saturday...hopefully it’s played Monday 
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Let’s do this
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    would be kinda cool for them to finally play this, especially at Wrigley!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Let’s not wake the goat up.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Play it in Boston to slow down the Sox.
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    branscop said:
    Washed said:
    Was on the original setlist for Saturday...hopefully it’s played Monday 
    Hopefully anything is played Monday.
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    Play it in Boston to slow down the Sox.
    ^^^^ x1000