This merch situation is really frustrating.

Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
I did the right thing and sold my extra GA tickets at face value.  I have always sold extra tickets at face value.  I won’t get into Chicago until tomorrow afternoon it have zero chance at these posters. People in town since Friday don’t have a chance with these posters. I wish someone would do something. 

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I would just let the posters go.  Frustrating but they didn’t exist three days ago and life was fine.  Merch isn’t worth extra energy. 
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    If you’re going the second night, they’ll have posters. Got 2 the first night, and they had them all the second night still so I ended up getting the other 2. 
  • Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    I would just let the posters go.  Frustrating but they didn’t exist three days ago and life was fine.  Merch isn’t worth extra energy. 
    You are absolutely correct. Of course I would rather have a ticket than posters. Unfortunately, human nature. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Eroom21 said:
    You are absolutely correct. Of course I would rather have a ticket than posters. Unfortunately, human nature. 

I've stood in my share of 3 hour merch lines.  It has been more fun post merch.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    Maybe in the future you can go to a kiosk, place an order for merchandise that you want and those Amazon Drones can drop the boxes off to you in your seats.  :blush:  Just don't get plunked in the head.  :bawling:
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    It's time 10C did a package for ticket winners...   no reason to make your dedicated fans stand in lines for hours when it can be easily streamlined - This will stop flippers from buying out merch before "normal" people can get anything.. gotten out of hand.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    myoung321 said:
    It's time 10C did a package for ticket winners...   no reason to make your dedicated fans stand in lines for hours when it can be easily streamlined - This will stop flippers from buying out merch before "normal" people can get anything.. gotten out of hand.
    Other bands do this with success.  
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    1upstate said:
    myoung321 said:
    Other bands have huge corporations that can handle that type of volume do this for them. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,309
    I waited Sat am... got up early,  got to line 715... supply gone,  but people got them at 230pm and at the show... early bird doesn't always get the worm. 
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    myoung321 said:

I think we have already beaten this horse to death. 
    I do agree with you but almost every thread turns into a merch discussion and how we can all make it better. 
  • tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    The folks who plan and control selling the merch have it all set up exactly like they want to create the short supply and frenzied demand.  If they wanted to improve the situation, they would.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    tubes10s said:
    The folks who plan and control selling the merch have it all set up exactly like they want to create the short supply and frenzied demand.  If they wanted to improve the situation, they would.  
    Bingo
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    There is a seller on eBay with around 30 of the Wrigley posters for sale right now and most of them are the Thomas.  If you check his completed sales you’ll see that he’s also sold around 20+ posters already.  Ridiculous. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    I luckily got all the posters I wanted inside the show yesterday, got one of the last Thomas but there was still a big line of people behind me. There was one kid that kept buying them and cutting back in line to buy more. We called him out on it and his dad(or at least I think it was his dad) was just standing there not saying anything. Ridiculous, I feel so bad for everyone that didn't get one because of people like him.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Wouldn’t know - I was too busy making new friends and having a good time.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,874
    Been in town since Friday morning and I’ve pretty much given up on getting the Thomas poster. I spent 2 hours in line on Friday and got everything I wanted except the Thomas. The Ames looks better in person by the way. Love the colors on it.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Good chance most of them will be flooded on the 10 Club store for $35 and in future mystery boxes. Wait for all the Thomas' to flood eBay and just pay up for one. If you consider 4 hours of your time to be worth the extra $100 then you'll be good!
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Eroom21 said:
    I did the right thing and sold my extra GA tickets at face value.  I have always sold extra tickets at face value.  I won’t get into Chicago until tomorrow afternoon it have zero chance at these posters. People in town since Friday don’t have a chance with these posters. I wish someone would do something. 
    OP, I felt similar when in Seattle, but I was able to secure a Klausen through the artist sale.  I looked at the extra cost as a convenience for not having to miss the show.  What I'm getting at is that the AP's should be rather stress free to secure, just make sure you pay attention to when they drop, and dont schedule a business meeting at that time.  good luck.  
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • SKID243SKID243 Posts: 30
    Check the stands in the stadium, I waited an hour last night right when gates opened and they still had everything.
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Yes, they have been releasing a put 300 APs each so you'll at least have a few min window.....but APs can still cost double w/ shipping
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    There were plenty of each poster at each merch station after the shows.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,004
    I got in line at 10:30 today, as soon as the doors opened at noon, the line moved very quickly and I got a setlist shirt and the train poster.
    2 hours well spent in my opinion, got to meet some new people while in line and got what I wanted...
    Besides, I get to see Pearl Jam again tomorrow as well.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • RC242143RC242143 Posts: 52
    Arrived at 4:50 pm yesterday at Wrigley, via Red Line Addison Station, walked pass the massive line for merch on the Right Field side of stadium, and went to the Left Field side where they were showing Let’s Play Two.  Got in line at the 10 club entrance, there were 7 or 8 people in front of us. Gates opened at 5:30 pm, there is a merch stand right to your right when you get in the gates. There were only 15-20 people in front of me and I had all the Merch I wanted in less than 20 minutes.  Everything will be there with the exception of setlist shirts. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    myoung321 said:
    I was thinking about this.

Let's say 10C gets 5000 tickets for a particular show.  They have been producing, up until now, about 2000 posters per show.

So if all the 10C members got posters and such there wouldn't be anything left for anyone else.
  • Doesn’t Foo Fighters have a pre-order system? Or was that only for a few shows?
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    I just can't get worked up on merch anymore.  It is weird to me that people have unopened Benaroya Hall box sets, that my poster from Randall's Island 1996 sells for like $800, that people are sitting on Lost Dogs vinyl or whatever.  I get that it sucks that people scam the system, but what is nearly worse are people that willing pay them on ebay.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• 1upstate said:
    myoung321 said:
    Other bands have huge corporations that can handle that type of volume do this for them. 
    Honestly I think this situation could be handled if they employed a 1 poster per physical person in line rule.  You wouldn't have people able to buy 50 and resell 49 of them for triple the price.

Sure there might still be scalpers who might sell a couple, but all in all it would make the supply way more plentiful for the real fans who want to get them.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    1upstate said:
    myoung321 said:
    Honestly I think this situation could be handled if they employed a 1 poster per physical person in line rule.  You wouldn't have people able to buy 50 and resell 49 of them for triple the price.

Sure there might still be scalpers who might sell a couple, but all in all it would make the supply way more plentiful for the real fans who want to get them.
    The "real" fans are the flippers. Go into the raffle group on Facebook. There are multiple raffles for full sets of Wrigley posters, and a few for the Thomas poster. Hell, one guy got one at the stand on the field and posted it for raffle at the show, and was updating the spots left in the raffle during the show.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,336
    PB11041 said:
    I just can't get worked up on merch anymore.  It is weird to me that people have unopened Benaroya Hall box sets, that my poster from Randall's Island 1996 sells for like $800, that people are sitting on Lost Dogs vinyl or whatever.  I get that it sucks that people scam the system, but what is nearly worse are people that willing pay them on ebay.  
    I am as stunned as you... it's sad and laughable at the same time.
  • RP112579 said:
    1upstate said:
    myoung321 said:

The "real" fans are the flippers. Go into the raffle group on Facebook. There are multiple raffles for full sets of Wrigley posters, and a few for the Thomas poster. Hell, one guy got one at the stand on the field and posted it for raffle at the show, and was updating the spots left in the raffle during the show.
    Oh wow, I didn't even know that.  Why do the actual PJ hardcore fans have such an obsession with them?  I never really got into that whole merch world besides just getting the posters at the shows I was at just by seeing if they still had any by chance while I was getting T-shirts.