The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Just waking up from a two year nap...I miss anything
    Hey Donald Trump is President.  Has he fired anyone yet?
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • TalonTedd said:
    Just waking up from a two year nap...I miss anything
    Hey Donald Trump is President.  Has he fired anyone yet?
    Keep sleeping:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I think your right.  Two years away from social media and I learned something.  Ignorance is bliss and children make the best conversationalists.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    TalonTedd said:
    I think your right.  Two years away from social media and I learned something.  Ignorance is bliss and children make the best conversationalists.
    Wise words! 

Welcome back to the land of half-living.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux.  Nice to see you again.
    Learned something else.
    Never stopped caring about the 10C.  

TalonTedd said:
    brianlux.  Nice to see you again.
    Learned something else.
    Never stopped caring about the 10C.  

Great to have you back on board Tedd!  How's it going these days?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Well.  Very well.  Keeping fit.  Having some fun and gettin er done.  My boys are playing baseball this year.  After thirteen years my lovely wife and I are having a great go of life together.  This is a bit of a shock for me because I always thought myself incredible divorcable.  So I'm pretty happy.  I think time away from hours on social media and playing kids games on computers etc has done me a world of good.  It helped me listen to those that matter more.  Don't get me wrong  there is a time and place but I was a little too involved and it got me very distracted and acting rather selfishly.  So I have focused on the to do list for a good while and low and behold the 10C made it's way back from the dead.  Missed it a lot here...and also didn't. 
    How's life down in California.  Other than those terrible fires everywhere.  Hope your safe and sound.
    Just read some trump threads.  Walk away stuff.  Canadian politics....my head hurts.  Time for a drink in the lounge.
    TalonTedd said:
    Just read some trump threads.  Walk away stuff.  Canadian politics....my head hurts.  Time for a drink in the lounge.
    LOL, wise man.  Cheers, Tedd!

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    The answer to all the idiots out there who discuss violence in a poster that is clearly not meant to call for violence… 

Also to all the good people who have decided to love a band, also because they do not shut up ...
    CHEERS!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4xxStj71oE
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Hi! and good evening loungers. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    Hi! and good evening loungers. 
    Hi there slugger!

I saw this video for the first time today and it's wonderful, I just love that song. And I just haven't heard it for a long time so I like to share it here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPCY8G5Cv-w
    Last night I watched a live stream of the home show over Facebook.  I just became a participant in FB barely a month ago.  Quite a large assembly of PJ fans.  It was a lot of fun.  Lots of PJ love as the show played. Gotta hand it to the videographer for their diligence and patience to record it all.  At times there were 400 viewers.  There were also multiple feeds from others.  Really impressive.
    A big reason I joined the 10C years ago was to make connections with other fans.  Talk about the music and the shows and share these things with others of similar taste.  Yesterday was one of those great experiences. Here at the C I've also had some very positive interactions. I remember northern dragon bought me a poster because I worried I wouldn't get one.  We met outside the show and made the exchange and a nice meeting.  Makes me smile to think how we strangers will go to bat for each other and all over a love for a rock band.  Here's to all my jamily members.  You all rock....oh yeah you too band.

TalonTedd said:
    Last night I watched a live stream of the home show over Facebook.  I just became a participant in FB barely a month ago.  Quite a large assembly of PJ fans.  It was a lot of fun.  Lots of PJ love as the show played. Gotta hand it to the videographer for their diligence and patience to record it all.  At times there were 400 viewers.  There were also multiple feeds from others.  Really impressive.
    A big reason I joined the 10C years ago was to make connections with other fans.  Talk about the music and the shows and share these things with others of similar taste.  Yesterday was one of those great experiences. Here at the C I've also had some very positive interactions. I remember northern dragon bought me a poster because I worried I wouldn't get one.  We met outside the show and made the exchange and a nice meeting.  Makes me smile to think how we strangers will go to bat for each other and all over a love for a rock band.  Here's to all my jamily members.  You all rock....oh yeah you too band.

:pl:plus_one:  
    There are some really nice PJ fans here! 

I would have loved to watch the show too, but sadly I had to get some sleep. 
    But I saw them playing in Europe so I'm still grateful! :ro:rock_on:
    TalonTedd said:

Great post, Tedd.  PJ fans are the best!

I know it's not morning anymore but, got some coffee in this place?

Too much trolling, hating and nasty bullshit on the train lately.  I think I'll just hang out here for a while and chill!

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I don't think people are really trolling ... lets face it, most of the popular topics have been debated to death.  Very few new topics take hold.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Could be SM overload.  I got it for a while.  Checked out for over a year.  That's the problem with society today.  Too much to fast and not enough patience for it all.  Crazy fast electronic nightmare of deranging proportions. This is not natural human interaction.  So people act unnaturally....maybe

Excuse me waiter.

TalonTedd said:
    Could be SM overload.  I got it for a while.  Checked out for over a year.  That's the problem with society today.  Too much to fast and not enough patience for it all.  Crazy fast electronic nightmare of deranging proportions. This is not natural human interaction.  So people act unnaturally....maybe

Excuse me waiter.

Quite right, sir!

Yes, what'll it be? :smile:

Two tickets to Fenway....you and me bro
    TalonTedd said:
    Two tickets to Fenway....you and me bro
    Say, nice idea!  I'll get out my magic wand!  :lol:

To Brian and everyone who sometimes gets disappointed with peoples behaviour here … I have this song in my head then ...
    :hug:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5_UnlRLjGI

Is Eddie a bit overwhelmed with emotions in the end? :wink:
    kce8 said:
    To Brian and everyone who sometimes gets disappointed with peoples behaviour here … I have this song in my head then ...
    :hug:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5_UnlRLjGI

Is Eddie a bit overwhelmed with emotions in the end? :wink:
    Fantastic, kce.  Why I love this band!

I love this song and it's very cool that it was in the Movie "The Leisure Seeker" with Donald Sutherland and Helen Mirren.  After the movie was over my wife said, "Yeah, I can understand that."  What a way to go.

Anyway, this great late night song...

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Need 4 more players for fantasy football. Be cool to have some loungers!
    Draft is tonight!
    https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1420207/invitation?key=64b0bae237374e9a&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=3e4d6a52ee1ea75f

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Coffee, strong and black, please.  Merci beaucoup!

Didn't like it at the first time...now I'm infected… =) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ9GSFZZY6c

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited September 2018
    I'm back, but not to argue politics anymore.  I'm addicted to good music.  & If you think about it that's why we're here on this website to begin with.
    This is the best band that never got promoted. But what makes these guys great is it that there is no ego and they are my friends. This song was written a guy named Al Wetzel. I think if it ever got airplay it would soar to the top, but it never will. So I'm going to play it here for you guys and I'd like to hear your feedback.
    https://youtu.be/1WbTmz63pOM
    Post edited by RYME on