Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    How about that job interview for the printer sales position.  Jimmy had them when he first left the interview.  Then the comeback.  Salespitch. And the rejection.  That was great.
    For me that seen was Jimmy saying to himself the world is my oyster and nothing will stop my wrath.  Especially a little thing like social moral convention.  He combos those two like a couple of speedbags.
    Great show
    Did anyone else mistake the guy in episode one Jimmy lifted the ID from for this shows version of Walter.  At first I thought they were introducing the BCSaul version of Walter from BB.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Very good episode. Bad ass Gus coming out. Funny to see all his henchmen from BB. I wonder what Nacho's future will be because Saul mentions him in BB.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    You go Kim!!!!! That was fucking great.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2018
    tbergs said:
    Yeah, I don't subscribe to any cable service anymore. Just not worth it. I have a Roku and use it to watch Netflix, Amazon and some of the other free news and network show apps, but AMC is not an option.
    @tbergs The AMC app on Roku allows me to watch the current episodes without a subscriber login for a limited time. Add AMC to your Roku. They are only up for a few weeks I believe.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mickeyrat said:

What a great scene...she really let him have it.  That was awesome.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    mickeyrat said:

That scene was amazing, I was a deer in headlights watching that. What amazing actors they are. I predict this specific incident will lead to Kim leaving Jimmy - once she finds out he dropped a dime to the insurance company about Chuck's condition, she'll be mortified that she went to bat for him to Howard. (maybe I'm wrong, but that feels pretty significant)

The final scene w/ Nacho & Gus also had me holding my breath.

Gus is downright terrifying when he wants to be.

mickeyrat said:

That scene was amazing, I was a deer in headlights watching that. What amazing actors they are. I predict this specific incident will lead to Kim leaving Jimmy - once she finds out he dropped a dime to the insurance company about Chuck's condition, she'll be mortified that she went to bat for him to Howard. (maybe I'm wrong, but that feels pretty significant)

The final scene w/ Nacho & Gus also had me holding my breath.

Gus is downright terrifying when he wants to be.

welllyou saw the look she gave Jimmy in the your cross to bear scene.

I think she knows about that.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Kim is looking for her exit now. Bank expansion is her ticket up.

Figure Jimmy is 50% Saul now. maybe more.

Gus will be linking up with Walter soon enough.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Gail!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Gail!
    yeah that was kinda cool.  Also the whole Nacho thing this episode was really well done.

This show is following Breaking Bad and by that I mean each season it gets better and better.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Does anyone else think that letter wasn't actually written by Chuck.  That Kim wrote it and felt so guilty by it she had to leave the room in tears.  I cant see Chuck penning a letter that short and in that tone.  Kim wrote it....
    TalonTedd said:
    Does anyone else think that letter wasn't actually written by Chuck.  That Kim wrote it and felt so guilty by it she had to leave the room in tears.  I cant see Chuck penning a letter that short and in that tone.  Kim wrote it....
    I read a reviewer saying she may have written it. It's possible. But I can also imagine the Chuck of season 1, when he was still Jimmy's superior (Jimmy was in the mailroom) writing it in a, sort of, smug and condescending fashion. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    TalonTedd said:
    I read a reviewer saying she may have written it. It's possible. But I can also imagine the Chuck of season 1, when he was still Jimmy's superior (Jimmy was in the mailroom) writing it in a, sort of, smug and condescending fashion. 
    I'm guessing it was typed cause if it was handwritten i'm sure he could tell who's handwriting it was.  Assuming it was typed I guess its possible it was Kim.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Lots of possibilities with the letter.  Kim could have been crying over the way she layed into David (which was great) what did she call it. ' One last fu from the grave letter.'

What do you think.  Does Kim read the letter before she gives or forges the one Saul reads?  

I think she would do it to try and help Jimmy not feel any worse about his failed life.  She forges that simple really non descriptive letter.  And feels really guilty about it.  
    edited August 2018
    TalonTedd said:
    Lots of possibilities with the letter.  Kim could have been crying over the way she layed into David (which was great) what did she call it. ' One last fu from the grave letter.'

What do you think.  Does Kim read the letter before she gives or forges the one Saul reads?  

I think she would do it to try and help Jimmy not feel any worse about his failed life.  She forges that simple really non descriptive letter.  And feels really guilty about it.  
    IDK. That kiss seemed spontaneous. Like she didnt consider it could read like that.

RS article suggests that Jimmy made it up. Which is possible.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

just keeps getting better and better
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Now that was a damn good episode last night.  That opening scene with Saul about to disappear to Nebraska was just great.  I wonder why they chose now to do a flash forward like that....they have kept the flash forwards to the season premieres so far.  Hopefully we keep seeing more of Saul down the road because they have really been slow playing Jimmy big time.
    Now that was a damn good episode last night.  That opening scene with Saul about to disappear to Nebraska was just great.  I wonder why they chose now to do a flash forward like that....they have kept the flash forwards to the season premieres so far.  Hopefully we keep seeing more of Saul down the road because they have really been slow playing Jimmy big time.
    Yeah it was a good one. The flash forward tied in perfectly with the phone gig he has. Like the episode features a light going off in his head about how to use the phones and then the flash forward shows the last time he uses them in that way.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Another excellent episode. I love seeing how the lab came together. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Loved the camera shot of Tio's hand after Gus' story.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Loved that last episode!
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Those German guys are so dead once they finish 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    JK_Livin said:
    Loved the camera shot of Tio's hand after Gus' story.
    Yeah I was waiting for it to suddenly move or something. 

Another solid episode. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This is one of my favorite shows and it is so well done with the attention to detail, but man do they need to pick up the pace here.  Feels like we're going to be on season 8 by the time this 10 months of not being able to practice law is up for Jimmy. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Was thinking the same thing. From Breaking Bad, Mike doesn't like killing without good cause, but Gus doesn't have a problem with that.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    This is one of my favorite shows and it is so well done with the attention to detail, but man do they need to pick up the pace here.  Feels like we're going to be on season 8 by the time this 10 months of not being able to practice law is up for Jimmy. 
    I don't know, if the quality remains as good as it is, then I don't care how long it takes them to wrap this show up. I would imagine they're setting us up with these 10 months for the creation of Saul. Sounds like the super lab has about a 6 - 10 month window according to Mike so that would time pretty well for Saul to pop up shortly after that.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    mace1229 said:
    Was thinking the same thing. From Breaking Bad, Mike doesn't like killing without good cause, but Gus doesn't have a problem with that.
    that Kai guy for sure.

so, Kim's decision really pushed him towards Saul.

mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    that Kai guy for sure.
    Yeah that's not going to end well for that guy.  Mike doesn't take any bullshit from anyone....like he said to Walt in BB in that awesome monologue, no "half measures".