Options

Missoula Poster

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    MW3384 said:
    There are a lot more Pearl Jam fans that are Trump supporters then some believe maybe even the band; not saying I am; however, I can see how these fans feel alienated between graphic posters and Ed’s rants about Trump. I will say the Trump tax cuts saved my family’s business and 20 employees from losing their job. Obama’s policies of healthcare and over regulation of small business almost caused our 50 year old business to shut down. I also believe there are a number of Pearl Jam fans that will just follow the bands ideas on politics just because their fans. Let’s be clear “it’s a rock the vote for Democrats ideals not a just get out and vote” concert. I am a libertarian but can see both sides. I will say it’s a shame that someone can’t be a Pearl Jam fan and support the other side without being alienated.  There’s no denying Trump has done more in two years with improving the economy, helping vets, and reducing the threat of terror than Obama had in 8 years. At the Chicago shows maybe Pearl Jam will focus their efforts on bringing down a corrupt mayor who is allowing more murders of young black youth than anywhere in the country with the strictest gun control in the US. I guess the theme for the next posters should be dead black youth scattered in the streets with the mayor of Chicago holding a gun. 
    trump supporters bring the alienation on themselves. trump is a willfully ignorant, dysfunctional, corrupt, narcissistic, xenophobic bigot who is inept at his job. trump supporters defend all of this either by their blatant support of trump and his policies, or the blind denial of the traits I just listed. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Vedd Hedd said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    BS44325 said:
    Rumors are SiriusXM may cancel PJ radio over backlash from Missoula poster..
    Can I be the conservative who says that this would be so dumb. Just like it was so dumb for radio stations to ban the dixie chicks and/or Kanye. Just like it's so dumb to ban Alex Jones. Just like it's so dumb for social media to ban/shadow ban thought they don't like. Just like it's so dumb for protestors to shut down speaking events on college campuses. Enough with the suppression of speech!
    Dont include Alex Jones in that group.    Its one thing to ban people who say, "I dont like this person" or "I think these policies suck".  Pearl jam, Kanye, Dixie Chicks voice their opinions.   Just like Toby Keith, Ted Nugent, Roseanne, etc voice them on the right. 

Alex Jones peddles lies that do actual harm to actual people.   He is flat out making up conspiracy theories that are damaging people, and asking people to cause actual violence. 
    Sorry. I agree with you on what Alex Jones is but I don't agree with you on the response. Banning speech is ALWAYS wrong. Even Noam Chomsky agrees. The answer to speech you don't like is more speech otherwise we go down a rabbit hole into chaos. Look how easily someone can argue the poster is "hate speech". It is ludicrous. This type of response must end.
    Banning HATE SPEECH is not wrong. Hate speech isn't protected, nor should it be. And sure, someone can argue that this poster is hate speech, but they'd be really really wrong, lol.
    All Speech is protected. You don't get to pick and choose. If you think you do then you are just as bad as the people who want to label this poster. 
    Alex Jones is actually inciting violence though. Remember pizzagate? People could have died.
    Vedd Hedd said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    BS44325 said:
    Rumors are SiriusXM may cancel PJ radio over backlash from Missoula poster..
    Can I be the conservative who says that this would be so dumb. Just like it was so dumb for radio stations to ban the dixie chicks and/or Kanye. Just like it's so dumb to ban Alex Jones. Just like it's so dumb for social media to ban/shadow ban thought they don't like. Just like it's so dumb for protestors to shut down speaking events on college campuses. Enough with the suppression of speech!
    Dont include Alex Jones in that group.    Its one thing to ban people who say, "I dont like this person" or "I think these policies suck".  Pearl jam, Kanye, Dixie Chicks voice their opinions.   Just like Toby Keith, Ted Nugent, Roseanne, etc voice them on the right. 

Alex Jones peddles lies that do actual harm to actual people.   He is flat out making up conspiracy theories that are damaging people, and asking people to cause actual violence. 
    Sorry. I agree with you on what Alex Jones is but I don't agree with you on the response. Banning speech is ALWAYS wrong. Even Noam Chomsky agrees. The answer to speech you don't like is more speech otherwise we go down a rabbit hole into chaos. Look how easily someone can argue the poster is "hate speech". It is ludicrous. This type of response must end.
    Banning HATE SPEECH is not wrong. Hate speech isn't protected, nor should it be. And sure, someone can argue that this poster is hate speech, but they'd be really really wrong, lol.
    All Speech is protected. You don't get to pick and choose. If you think you do then you are just as bad as the people who want to label this poster. 
    Alex Jones is actually inciting violence though. Remember pizzagate? People could have died.
    And some of the parents of children killed in Sandy Hill have faced unimaginably awful comments and frank threats by Jones’ listeners, with his encouragement. Some have had to move half a dozen times and yet they still stalk and harass and publish their new addresses online. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    trump supporters bring the alienation on themselves. trump is a willfully ignorant, dysfunctional, corrupt, narcissistic, xenophobic bigot who is inept at his job. trump supporters defend all of this either by their blatant support of trump and his policies, or the blind denial of the traits I just listed. 
    That’s some hilarious projection.

If you want to cure your willful ignorance, start listening to Dan Bonginos podcast everyday.

https://youtu.be/dE5gfLo75ME
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Bant said:

If you want to cure your willful ignorance, start listening to Dan Bonginos podcast everyday.

Yes, nothing educates you more than listening to the same voice everyday.  
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    As a staunch Independent, I can honestly say I've voted all over the card during the past several years, and my vote is always up for grabs, every cycle....however, Democrats better begin to understand why, after eight years of Obama, and with Hillary on deck to continue his legacy,  how they lost the Presidency, the House, the Senate, two Supreme Court Justices, and over 1000 other democrat state-legislative seats nation-wide.  Hard to belive such a crushing defeat could be delt if the Democrats were doing such a great job, no?  So with the Nov elections right around the  corner, I have to wonder, what is the Democrat campaign platform?...Anybody?? I ask, becuase I dont think anybody really knows!!...I've yet to hear any of the party leaders spell it out!  The current state of the Democrat Party appears dysfunctional and broken, and I got news for them, simply being anti-Trump and screaming "Russia", is not going to win any elections....heck, it may just allow Trump another term.  
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    RobZ said:
    As a staunch Independent, I can honestly say I've voted all over the card during the past several years, and my vote is always up for grabs, every cycle....however, Democrats better begin to understand why, after eight years of Obama, and with Hillary on deck to continue his legacy,  how they lost the Presidency, the House, the Senate, two Supreme Court Justices, and over 1000 other democrat state-legislative seats nation-wide.  Hard to belive such a crushing defeat could be delt if the Democrats were doing such a great job, no?  So with the Nov elections right around the  corner, I have to wonder, what is the Democrat campaign platform?...Anybody?? I ask, becuase I dont think anybody really knows!!...I've yet to hear any of the party leaders spell it out!  The current state of the Democrat Party appears dysfunctional and broken, and I got news for them, simply being anti-Trump and screaming "Russia", is not going to win any elections....heck, it may just allow Trump another term.  
    It wasn't a crushing defeat.  Democrats won a majority of the popular vote and lost 3 key states by a few thousand votes, handing him the election. Your narrative if false.  Now the losses at the state level are more problematic.  The Democrats had not done nearly enough at the local level at investing in the state delegate races.  That has changed, but it will take several years to recoup the gains.  They did wipe away the Republicans in VA already though.  
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    even the wife wants this one....cmon Santos drop a pssstt
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    mrussel1 said:
    RobZ said:
    It wasn't a crushing defeat.  Democrats won a majority of the popular vote and lost 3 key states by a few thousand votes, handing him the election. Your narrative if false.  Now the losses at the state level are more problematic.  The Democrats had not done nearly enough at the local level at investing in the state delegate races.  That has changed, but it will take several years to recoup the gains.  They did wipe away the Republicans in VA already though.  
    If I'm reading it right, I think you misread his post. He wasn't saying it was crushing as in a landslide. It was crushing as in everybody thought Hillary was going to roll to an easy win. Rachel Maddow had a funny piece on the air in the days leading up to the election, where she was going on and on about how even if Trump wins every single swing state - he still can't win. But he did. That was crushing.
  • Options
    Bant said:

I’d rather have you cure my ignorance. 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    The way I interpreted this poster was that the White House has become a dumpster fire, with the President becoming a victim of his own ignorance.

I don't agree that the purpose of this poster was to condone violence. I'm disappointed by one aspect of what Tester's spokesman said: "We don't like it". That person seemed to imply that they don't like it, because they feel it condones violence. 

How does it condone violence?
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    mrussel1 said:
    RobZ said:
    I agree. Dems need to get organized QUICK.
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    Bant said:

I’m not going to hold your hand.

But FYI, he’s a former secret service agent for Obama and Bush.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited August 2018
    MW3384 said:
    There are a lot more Pearl Jam fans that are Trump supporters then some believe maybe even the band; not saying I am; however, I can see how these fans feel alienated between graphic posters and Ed’s rants about Trump. I will say the Trump tax cuts saved my family’s business and 20 employees from losing their job. Obama’s policies of healthcare and over regulation of small business almost caused our 50 year old business to shut down. I also believe there are a number of Pearl Jam fans that will just follow the bands ideas on politics just because their fans. Let’s be clear “it’s a rock the vote for Democrats ideals not a just get out and vote” concert. I am a libertarian but can see both sides. I will say it’s a shame that someone can’t be a Pearl Jam fan and support the other side without being alienated.  There’s no denying Trump has done more in two years with improving the economy, helping vets, and reducing the threat of terror than Obama had in 8 years. At the Chicago shows maybe Pearl Jam will focus their efforts on bringing down a corrupt mayor who is allowing more murders of young black youth than anywhere in the country with the strictest gun control in the US. I guess the theme for the next posters should be dead black youth scattered in the streets with the mayor of Chicago holding a gun. 

I think there's a fair amount of closeted Trump supporters out there; people that don't want to be made fun of (or worse) for supporting him. Maybe to a degree, MW3384 is one of them. He says he doesn't support Trump. But what does the word "support" mean anyway these days? It seems to mean "I blindly agree with everything this guy says and does." That's the "Trump Supporter" people think of wearing a MAGA hat and chanting "Build the wall." But what if someone believed, as I think MW3384 may, "I think he's a bigoted, corrupt, classless, embarrassment to our country....but his tax cuts saved my family business from going under so he's got my vote in 2020." Would that be blatant support of xenophobic bigotry? Or just using his vote his own good?
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RobZ said:
    If I'm reading it right, I think you misread his post. He wasn't saying it was crushing as in a landslide. It was crushing as in everybody thought Hillary was going to roll to an easy win. Rachel Maddow had a funny piece on the air in the days leading up to the election, where she was going on and on about how even if Trump wins every single swing state - he still can't win. But he did. That was crushing.
    okay..perhaps. 
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    HOLY SHIT EBAY IS ON FIRE! This poster is nailing down $400-$600 lol Bids are flying in on most of the listings. 
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    MW3384 said:  There’s no denying Trump has done more in two years with improving the economy, helping vets, and reducing the threat of terror than Obama had in 8 years. 
    only facts.

yeah, the stock market is great. companies do better when they don’t have to worry about the planet.

trump (aka sgt. bone spurs) hasn’t done jack shit for veterans.

”threat of terror”....yeah, right.

BTW...revoking the security clearance of a detractor is a dictator move.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,485
    Wobbie said:
    MW3384 said:  There’s no denying Trump has done more in two years with improving the economy, helping vets, and reducing the threat of terror than Obama had in 8 years. 
    only facts.

yeah, the stock market is great. companies do better when they don’t have to worry about the planet.

Funny you should mention that last point:

“Eleven former CIA chiefs and one former DNI head - who have served under GOP and Democratic presidents - issue joint statement tonight raising alarms at Trump’s move to strip Brennan of his security clearance, calling it “an attempt to stifle free speech.””

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1030279801175764994?s=21

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    Wobbie said:
    only facts.

Funny you should mention that last point:

“Eleven former CIA chiefs and one former DNI head - who have served under GOP and Democratic presidents - issue joint statement tonight raising alarms at Trump’s move to strip Brennan of his security clearance, calling it “an attempt to stifle free speech.””

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1030279801175764994?s=21

“funny”.....but not funny at all.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh my god people no one gives a shit.  Let it go.  I just woke up from a nap and opened this thread and ya’ll are carrying on still.  Your lives aren’t going to change whether or not stzrok still has his job.  
    Yeah, some people do give a shit. I think you meant to say "I don't give a shit" maybe? If that's the case, this post of yours is probably very unnecessary.
    Thanks for your input from another country!
    Well Trump now has company on the Xenophobic/Nationalist score card. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited August 2018

MW3384 said:
    As a fellow Libertarian, I’m sorta with you... (though ya got a little sideways in there at points) 

There are a lot more of us, but many are just tired of being shouted down by the same 10-15 posters for not toeng the party line. 

Free thought is to be treated with the utmost respect unless it conflicts with the agenda.... then shout it down or burn them at the stake. 

Fuck the left. Fuck the right. Sanity lies in the grey between, unbeholden to your red or blue masters.

Drop the leash. 

Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    3days said:
    The way I interpreted this poster was that the White House has become a dumpster fire, with the President becoming a victim of his own ignorance.

I don't agree that the purpose of this poster was to condone violence. I'm disappointed by one aspect of what Tester's spokesman said: "We don't like it". That person seemed to imply that they don't like it, because they feel it condones violence. 

How does it condone violence?
    It doesn't condone violence, you are right.  But of course, that doesn't stop conservative news outlets to make it sound that way and their viewers not question it for the sake of a "if you aren't with us, you are against us" thing.
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
  • Options
    Where can I get the poster?
  • Options

MW3384 said:
    As a fellow Libertarian, I’m sorta with you... (though ya got a little sideways in there at points) 

There are a lot more of us, but many are just tired of being shouted down by the same 10-15 posters for not toeng the party line. 

Free thought is to be treated with the utmost respect unless it conflicts with the agenda.... then shout it down or burn them at the stake. 

Fuck the left. Fuck the right. Sanity lies in the grey between, unbeholden to your red or blue masters.

Drop the leash. 

You don’t actually think Libertarians live in the grey between do you?
  • Options
    MW3384 said:

I think there's a fair amount of closeted Trump supporters out there; people that don't want to be made fun of (or worse) for supporting him. Maybe to a degree, MW3384 is one of them. He says he doesn't support Trump. But what does the word "support" mean anyway these days? It seems to mean "I blindly agree with everything this guy says and does." That's the "Trump Supporter" people think of wearing a MAGA hat and chanting "Build the wall." But what if someone believed, as I think MW3384 may, "I think he's a bigoted, corrupt, classless, embarrassment to our country....but his tax cuts saved my family business from going under so he's got my vote in 2020." Would that be blatant support of xenophobic bigotry? Or just using his vote his own good?
    It’s accepting bigotry for a perceived personal gain.  
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Bant said:
    Bant said:

I’m not going to hold your hand.

But FYI, he’s a former secret service agent for Obama and Bush.
    I don’t want hand holding or links. I’d rather here from you directly about your own thoughts to what I posted. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
    MW3384 said:
    First...tax cuts don't save a business.  Taxes are based on profits.  If you are profitable you pay tax, if you aren't profitable you don't.  If you are paying taxes then you are making money...

Second...you only have 20 employees.  The ACA only requires you to provide health insurance when you have 50 employees.

Pretty much everything you typed here is bullshit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    The whole concept of truth and facts has been muddied.

Its all about who can fling the most feces the quickest on social media.  An art form perfected during the obama administration.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    MW3384 said:
    First...tax cuts don't save a business.  Taxes are based on profits.  If you are profitable you pay tax, if you aren't profitable you don't.  If you are paying taxes then you are making money...

Second...you only have 20 employees.  The ACA only requires you to provide health insurance when you have 50 employees.

Hahahahahaha 

#owned
  • Options
    Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    edited August 2018

This is false.  Tax cuts absolutely increase profit margins for businesses.  Yes, if you are profitable, you pay taxes.  However, you need to be making a certain threshold of profit to STAY in business.  Tax cuts increase those margins and thus certainly could have (and I'm sure did) save some businesses.  The post cited deregulation, also a huge element. 

I did not vote for the President and am not in favor of his tax plan, but I find your dismissal of poster's personal account insulting.

Post edited by Bu$chlager on