*** Missoula, MT Fanviews Here 8/13/18 ***

123457»

Comments

• TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 473

Saturday woke up late after one hell of a Friday night in Seattle! Walked over to Easy Street Records with the family and consumed a Hank Williams Western omelet and a double espresso. Packed up the Subaru with my partner in life and her 18 year-old son and headed on down I-90E.

Stayed in Spokane for the night and lounged in the hotel pool with other Pearl Jam Fans that were in from San Diego.  The wine flowed and we talked about the amazing Seattle shows. We agreed IOHO night 2 was better from a freak-fan perspective where night one was better from a casual fan perspective.

Sunday AM early departure and drove the north route to Glacier National Park. It was so beautiful and on fire!  Made it to Logan Pass before heading south to Missoula.  Arrived in Missoula about 11:30 PM pulled out the tent and sleeping bags and took our place in the GA line.. Made friends with some gents in from Calgary that took their place next to us. Drank some wine and watched the Perseid Meteor shower until 1 AM.

Sunrise brought a cold 51F/10.5C morning.  Packed up our gear and prepared for merch line collaboration and GA line movement and reset. My girlfriend wanted her 18yo son to get the full-on GA experience for his first Pearl Jam show and I give him credit for hanging tough even after his mobile device battery died. Loved the food trucks opposite of the GA line -I vote that becomes an ongoing thing!

The show was amazing. I loved the political overtone and I knew it would be since it was a Rock2Vote show. I’ve wanted Pearl Jam to step up and be the voice of my pissed off generation again with Reality Pres Twitter-Fuk in office. I wanted my gf’s 18yo son to get energized the same way I did in my younger years. The set list was a good mix of classic hits, deep cuts, covers and a collector’s gem. My friend Nic was in town for the show. In the 2 shows we’ve attended together – FATAL both times! We were about 114th in line and ended up 2nd row Mike.

• TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 473
    Loved that the security guys in Seattle and Missoula were keeping us hydrated and safe, Hats off to them. Other highlights for me were hearing “In my Tree” and having “Indifference” as a closer. I was also lucky enough to score a Jeff Pick after Jeremy. I felt something hit me in the chest as the lights dimmed and there it was on the floor in front of me. The 18 yo was happy he got a few Lighting Bolt songs as these are the ones he was most familiar. He is one of those guys that really wants to hear “Last Kiss” where I would rather have something else but it would have been fun to sing along with him.It made me change my opinion on some of the songs that have been played almost too much in my opinion. There is always a person at a show that is hearing it for the first time.  I appreciate him hanging with our 40+ plus crowd and sharing the experience for me.  We had some great conversations that night and the next day on the ride back to Seattle. Mission accomplished Pearl Jam. Let’s keep it going!

• Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    Had a blast, I always do at a PJ show. It was a complete debacle cluster fuck leaving Missoula (long story, finally made it home today) but that's what makes traveling to see this band even better. It's all about the adventure with never knowing what your going to get... setlist or whatever else happens before or after the show. Looking forward to Fenway and what ever next year brings... Enjoy the ride and the shows... It's not a complicated process, it's just music we all love.......
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2018
    BS44325 said:
    JH6056 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Tiki said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    If your complaining about going to concert built around voting and its pj and ur upset they spoke about politics then ur a moron. Plain and simple. It’s like a vegetarian going to a steak house and bitching about it smelling like meat. No one forced you to buy a tix and go. Get over it
    Here is where I think people have a somewhat legitimate beef...

The shows were announced on January 24 2018

https://pearljam.com/news/announcing-the-away-shows

If you read the announcement there is no mention of this being an official Rock2Vote show. Tickets then went on sale February 7th and some fans might have purchased tickets thinking Missoula would be a standard PJ rock show.

On April 18 2018 it was all of a sudden announced that Missoula would be "recognized as Rock2Vote"

https://pearljam.com/news/rock2vote-in-missoula-mt

The announcement is detailed but not completely clear that the nature of the show has now changed. It isn't specified that it is now a "benefit show" which Ed said multiple times from the stage. My guess is as the show approached, along with election season, Jeff and the band got excited and the Rock2Vote aspect took over more and more. 

Here is where the problem exists...In my opinion it isn't completely on the up and up to sell tickets to the show under certain pretences and then change those pretences later on. While people definitely expect politics at PJ shows there might have been some fans who would have chosen otherwise had they known it would be a Rock2Vote show from the get go. Personally I would have still bought a ticket regardless because I like "off the beaten path" venues and desperately wanted to go camping in Montana but others might have made different plans. The Rock2Vote aspect should have been specified from the get go as not everybody wants a "benefit show".

Although honestly how different is a Rock2Vote show from a regular Pearl Jam show besides just a teeny bit more political banter in between songs?  
    It’s not the politics. It’s the boring. Rule number 1 of any rock show is don’t be boring. This was the first of more then 40 where I was slightly bored. No dragon energy. Was it because of Rock2Vote? I don’t know...my gut tells me that once it became a “benefit concert” it changed the vibe. Again...it’s the band’s perogative but to some it came off boring.
    Stay home next time OR go to see Three Doors Down.  Problem solved.

https://www.3doorsdown.com/#!/events
    I guess you're one of those who think people are not allowed an opinion on a show. Not their best. Sorry. Too much Kryptonite.
    Ya know, if you pay attention to this thread, the people who said this show didn't do it for them but don't accuse the band of false advertising or act like somehow the political content of the show was a shock, none of them are getting the reaction you are.  It is FINE to say that a show didn't do it for you, or you didn't like it, or it wasn't their strongest show or was the worst show you've seen them do.

It's because you (and a few others) insist that somehow you were duped or this was unexpected that you're getting responses like the last one.  Because if you've been paying attention AT ALL to PJ's songs and live shows (did anyone mention they've been like this for 28 yrs yet?  Cuz that's worth mentioning, if it wasn't mentioned... :) ), this show was in line with who they are and how they are live.

But note, even with your opinion which so many of us disagree with, NO ONE is saying you shouldn't express your opinion.  

You just don't like the reactions to your opinion and the points made that we're all wondering which band you thought you were seeing.  And it's also your right not to like that response, but if you keep imagining people trying to silence you, you'll keep getting these reactions.  Because we're ALL allowed to express our opinions about shows and respond to others' posts here.  Not just you.
    I have no problems with reactions to my opinion. What I can't stand are people who don't read the opinions prior to reacting. I don't insist I was "duped". I know who this band is and what they stand for...everybody on the forum knows who they are and what they stand for. I stated that I would have bought a ticket to this show no matter what and even though I didn't love it I don't regret it for a second...I had an amazing 4 days in Montana. But it is a fact that this show was announced as one thing and became another. It is a fact that it turned into a "benefit show" and it is a fact that it is getting mixed reviews. In a lot of people's minds the show was "off" and I am postulating that the theme contributed to it. Who can really say but a vibe starts from the top and "benefit shows" and "rock shows" do not always turn out the same. Form follows function.
    You can backpeddle all you want.  At the end of the day, what you got was no less of a Pearl Jam concert than any other Pearl Jam concert.  They didn't just play for 45 min.  They didn't do all covers.  You didn't get a Pearl Jam cover band instead of the real thing.  Nothing about this benefit turned it into anything dramatically different than other Pearl Jam shows, and nothing you say or allege or try to spin it as will turn it into anything other than a Pearl Jam show.

Now, the show being "off", or you not liking it as much as other shows, cool, I get that a few people felt that.  I think almost ANY show, PJ or anyone else, there will be people who didn't enjoy it or not as much as other shows.  That is totally believable, or also believable that some people felt it was off while others felt it was way ON. 

That's all possible, and I don't see one single person in this thread arguing that somehow them being off or the show being a little lacking is impossible.  Just that they didn't see it, or they don't understand what all the complaining is about, which are THEIR opinions and guess what, they have the same rights to express it as you do. But they are not saying it's impossible for PJ to be off or for one show to not be as good.

The thing is, you and a couple of others are saying more than simply "It wasn't my fave show" or "It wasn't that good" or "They were off".  You're saying you PAID for tix to one event, and you got another.  THAT is the part that remains BS.  You paid for a Pearl Jam concert, and you got a Pearl Jam concert.  Whether you enjoyed it or not is your opinion and only yours, but if you keep saying "I bought X but I got Y", this endless convo will remain endless.  Because you got a Pearl Jam concert.  Period.

Post edited by JH6056 on
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 297
    JH6056 said:
    BS44325 said:
    JH6056 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Tiki said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    If your complaining about going to concert built around voting and its pj and ur upset they spoke about politics then ur a moron. Plain and simple. It’s like a vegetarian going to a steak house and bitching about it smelling like meat. No one forced you to buy a tix and go. Get over it

If you read the announcement there is no mention of this being an official Rock2Vote show. Tickets then went on sale February 7th and some fans might have purchased tickets thinking Missoula would be a standard PJ rock show.

On April 18 2018 it was all of a sudden announced that Missoula would be "recognized as Rock2Vote"

The announcement is detailed but not completely clear that the nature of the show has now changed. It isn't specified that it is now a "benefit show" which Ed said multiple times from the stage. My guess is as the show approached, along with election season, Jeff and the band got excited and the Rock2Vote aspect took over more and more. 

Here is where the problem exists...In my opinion it isn't completely on the up and up to sell tickets to the show under certain pretences and then change those pretences later on. While people definitely expect politics at PJ shows there might have been some fans who would have chosen otherwise had they known it would be a Rock2Vote show from the get go. Personally I would have still bought a ticket regardless because I like "off the beaten path" venues and desperately wanted to go camping in Montana but others might have made different plans. The Rock2Vote aspect should have been specified from the get go as not everybody wants a "benefit show".

Although honestly how different is a Rock2Vote show from a regular Pearl Jam show besides just a teeny bit more political banter in between songs?  
    It’s not the politics. It’s the boring. Rule number 1 of any rock show is don’t be boring. This was the first of more then 40 where I was slightly bored. No dragon energy. Was it because of Rock2Vote? I don’t know...my gut tells me that once it became a “benefit concert” it changed the vibe. Again...it’s the band’s perogative but to some it came off boring.

I guess you're one of those who think people are not allowed an opinion on a show. Not their best. Sorry. Too much Kryptonite.
    Ya know, if you pay attention to this thread, the people who said this show didn't do it for them but don't accuse the band of false advertising or act like somehow the political content of the show was a shock, none of them are getting the reaction you are.  It is FINE to say that a show didn't do it for you, or you didn't like it, or it wasn't their strongest show or was the worst show you've seen them do.

It's because you (and a few others) insist that somehow you were duped or this was unexpected that you're getting responses like the last one.  Because if you've been paying attention AT ALL to PJ's songs and live shows (did anyone mention they've been like this for 28 yrs yet?  Cuz that's worth mentioning, if it wasn't mentioned... :) ), this show was in line with who they are and how they are live.

But note, even with your opinion which so many of us disagree with, NO ONE is saying you shouldn't express your opinion.  

You just don't like the reactions to your opinion and the points made that we're all wondering which band you thought you were seeing.  And it's also your right not to like that response, but if you keep imagining people trying to silence you, you'll keep getting these reactions.  Because we're ALL allowed to express our opinions about shows and respond to others' posts here.  Not just you.
    I have no problems with reactions to my opinion. What I can't stand are people who don't read the opinions prior to reacting. I don't insist I was "duped". I know who this band is and what they stand for...everybody on the forum knows who they are and what they stand for. I stated that I would have bought a ticket to this show no matter what and even though I didn't love it I don't regret it for a second...I had an amazing 4 days in Montana. But it is a fact that this show was announced as one thing and became another. It is a fact that it turned into a "benefit show" and it is a fact that it is getting mixed reviews. In a lot of people's minds the show was "off" and I am postulating that the theme contributed to it. Who can really say but a vibe starts from the top and "benefit shows" and "rock shows" do not always turn out the same. Form follows function.
    You can backpeddle all you want.  At the end of the day, what you got was no less of a Pearl Jam concert than any other Pearl Jam concert.  They didn't just play for 45 min.  They didn't do all covers.  You didn't get a Pearl Jam cover band instead of the real thing.  Nothing about this benefit turned it into anything dramatically different than other Pearl Jam shows, and nothing you say or allege or try to spin it as will turn it into anything other than a Pearl Jam show.

Now, the show being "off", or you not liking it as much as other shows, cool, I get that a few people felt that.  I think almost ANY show, PJ or anyone else, there will be people who didn't enjoy it or not as much as other shows.  That is totally believable, or also believable that some people felt it was off while others felt it was way ON. 

That's all possible, and I don't see one single person in this thread arguing that somehow them being off or the show being a little lacking is impossible.  Just that they didn't see it, or they don't understand what all the complaining is about, which are THEIR opinions and guess what, they have the same rights to express it as you do. But they are not saying it's impossible for PJ to be off or for one show to not be as good.

The thing is, you and a couple of others are saying more than simply "It wasn't my fave show" or "It wasn't that good" or "They were off".  You're saying you PAID for tix to one event, and you got another.  THAT is the part that remains BS.  You paid for a Pearl Jam concert, and you got a Pearl Jam concert.  Whether you enjoyed it or not is your opinion and only yours, but if you keep saying "I bought X but I got Y", this endless convo will remain endless.  Because you got a Pearl Jam concert.  Period.

AMEN, my friend, AMEN
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Here's my take on Missoula.  I loved the entire experience of Missoula, which made a B+ show into an "A" experience.  I was at both Seattle shows. Very good show and didn't expect a follow up or equivalent of Sealle 2. But here's why I personally enjoyed Missoula more. Non musical reasons, really. Let me explain.

1. My seats weren't great in Seattle. Ten Club lottery tickets are always tough in Seattle. Competing with all of you. GA in Missoula. Worth a he extra drive.
    2. Free parking in Missoula. Fun and beautiful walk. Beautiful River, campus, no hassles. Cheap beer. Music outside. Teepees. No hassle in small towns. 
    3. My hotel room was $300 cheaper in Missoula than Seattle.
    4. Merchandise line much shorter than Seattle. 
    5. I like the beer ticket system. Just do the cash transaction once. Then simply take ticket to beer table where a cute Montana girl us ready with my cold draft. Nicely done, UM!
    6. I disagree with people complaining about all the politics at the show. I was personally surprised at the lack of pushing Senator Tester, by the band, onstage. As a matter of fact, they never said his name. And I was really happy the senator didn't come out and speak. So, I was pleasantly surprised and thought the band did it just right.  (The poster is a different story).

i used the trip as a catalyst to visit Flathead Lake and do some exploring in Northern Idaho as well. Met great people, as always, and am so happy that I saw the show.  
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    BS44325 said:
    JH6056 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Tiki said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

I'm a little confused that you say in one sentence that "I don't insist I was duped" and a few sentences later you say "this show was announced as one thing and became another". To me the second sentence makes it sound as if you were, in fact, duped. 

I guess I'm not sure why the classification of the show (benefit or non-benefit) makes a difference in how you experienced it. all pj shows are, honestly, benefit shows in one form or another. St Paul 2014, Ed had an EB doctor come out and talk for what seemed like an eternity (I think it was nearly 20 minutes). Did it annoy me? Slightly. Did it fuck with the flow of the show? Yes. it did pick up, however, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

the other thing that may be at play here is that Jeff wrote the setlist. Often times when Ed lets someone else write the setlist, it can throw off the crew, the band, even the crowd, as all of these people are used to a particular flow, especially those that have seen them 100 times. I'm sure Jeff knows this flow, and tried his best, but it still may have had an effect. 

I just think you are being a little disingenuous when you say the politics didn't bother you, but it seems that's exactly (at learst partially) what bothered you. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• chittychitty Posts: 574
    edited August 2018
    In retrospect on my original post. I still loved this show. I probably sounded like I didn't. The run of PIlate until Daughter / It's ok, was awesome with In my Tree the highlight especially since it had been in my head all day. Cheer sing other random TC members in the pit after Down in the back left pit was cool too.

I think the reason why I suggested it was a short show and somewhat disappointing to me, was that the lights came on during encore one at song 25. That always means there's a couple songs left at best and NO second encore. That's usually a festival PJ set. So, my point is, based on expectations and previous shows I have attended, yes I was disappointed in that. I selfishly wanted more music! Also I have no issue with PJ talking politics. I felt it was a bit too much this show and scripted. While Ed was reading a pre scripted piece of paper I was selfishly thinking, ok enough, let's play some more music.That's ok though PJ has every right to do what they want.

I will make the trek to Montana again even if it is a "rally" show. Montana and the city of Missoula are awesome. Seeing PJ again after 2 Seattls shows, then hiking and camping for two days in Glacier National Park was special.

Post edited by chitty on
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,650
    Love it or leave it Man - Tom Cruise
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Attaway77 said:
    Had a blast, I always do at a PJ show. It was a complete debacle cluster fuck leaving Missoula (long story, finally made it home today) but that's what makes traveling to see this band even better. It's all about the adventure with never knowing what your going to get... setlist or whatever else happens before or after the show. Looking forward to Fenway and what ever next year brings... Enjoy the ride and the shows... It's not a complicated process, it's just music we all love.......
    @Attaway77 u sumbitch you were there and didn't say hello?!?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Loved that the security guys in Seattle and Missoula were keeping us hydrated and safe, Hats off to them. Other highlights for me were hearing “In my Tree” and having “Indifference” as a closer. I was also lucky enough to score a Jeff Pick after Jeremy. I felt something hit me in the chest as the lights dimmed and there it was on the floor in front of me. The 18 yo was happy he got a few Lighting Bolt songs as these are the ones he was most familiar. He is one of those guys that really wants to hear “Last Kiss” where I would rather have something else but it would have been fun to sing along with him.It made me change my opinion on some of the songs that have been played almost too much in my opinion. There is always a person at a show that is hearing it for the first time.  I appreciate him hanging with our 40+ plus crowd and sharing the experience for me.  We had some great conversations that night and the next day on the ride back to Seattle. Mission accomplished Pearl Jam. Let’s keep it going!

I forgot to mention this too.
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    To piggyback on the security comment, the staff in Missoula had to be the friendliest ever. Smiles, and friendly happy vibes sent out from them at all times.
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • hepcatpunkhepcatpunk Posts: 174
    Late to the thread, but just got back from my MT trip with my 8 y/io daughter.

-Loved the show!  Lots of energy, friendly people, great mix of songs.  My daughter's first concert and she loved it.  She brought in a frisbee and she banged it like a drum throughout, though she's not quite up to Matt's level (yet).  We met Senator Tester at the festival beforehand and he was kind enough to chat for a bit and take a picture with us. 
    -Missoula was completely walk-able and weather couldn't be beat. Hiked up Mt.Sentinel the following morning---wonderful view though was a bit hazy.
    -Merch line moved relatively quickly and we got everything we wanted.  Everyone was super chill. 
    -Went to Glacier afterwards for 3 days of camping and made a lifetime of memories doing a couple of great hikes.

So thanks PJ for helping make this a wonderful trip for me and my daughter!

• Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    Attaway77 said:
    @Attaway77 u sumbitch you were there and didn't say hello?!?
    Yo!!!, sorry brother! Would of been great to hang out man... Just sort of rolled into Missoula after the Seattle show and went with the flow. I'm doing Fenway 1, You thinking about hitting that one? If not, next year we'll definitely have to meet up when they get back to the basics and start hitting those arenas.... First round is on me....
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• NCHeliNCHeli Posts: 5
    Montana delivers again!! We had a great time in Missoula. Awesome coffee and hippie toast at the Black, a fun SUP from the golf course into town, beers by the river during soundcheck, drinks with friends at the Rhino, a chill stroll on a lovely evening to the stadium, a bit of waiting (our choice), a bit of confusion (mostly ours), lots of room in the back GA  to dance to a fun show with some great laughs, plus some welcomed clean air. Left early back into the smoke listening to another great show at the Adams Center nearly six years ago. Thank you Pearl Jam (especially Jeff), Ten Club and Missoula! What a great effort. Too bad there wasn't a second show and another poster. 
  • AirickAirick Posts: 10
    This was the first of 3 show GA tour for me. An amazing camping experience for GA! Got to swap stories and meet new people. Enjoyed telling those around me the story how I was able to hold Ed during Porch at Wrigley 2016 N1 and then met him a year later after the Classic Quadrophenia benefit (told him the Wrigley Porch story to which he said "Well hold me again" and gave me a great big hub). Was 2nd row directly in front of Jeff - so good! And, for the 2nd time in as many GA shows for me, during Porch, Ed came to me! Got to help and hold Ed up, screaming at the top of my lungs for the first 1/2 of his crowd foray. Finally pulled the camera out to take a little video when Ed grabbed my hand again and I got to hold him again and help him down.

Indescribable feeling - I can't believe I was able to bookend meeting Ed with a similar twice-in-a-lifetime GA experience!

Pilate?! Down?! Fatal?! So good!
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Great city, Great set, great energy, it was all
    about Jeff which was cool, the guys respected that and looked like they had a blast. 

Missoula needed the hits and deep cuts, we got that people! Of course always a tough follow up after Seattle n2 performance. But the sunset, open stadium, mountains, PJ, PRICELESS!
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • DisgruntledDisgruntled Under that sign congregating Posts: 235
    Tardy as usual but wanted to add my 2 cents!
    I was so happy to get out of Seattle after the 2 shows there.  It was third time in Seattle yet I have never been to Montana. FenwAy is in my backyard but was 4th on my lottery entry.  So you know I was pumped to get GA Seattle and Missoula!  
    Glacier park has always been on my bucket list.  Getting to drive the Going To The Sun Road between shows was epic!  We saw the fires but made it before they closed the road.
    That road was epic - just like N2 Seattle and Missoula.
    The prepaid beer tickets were genius!
    Eds EK Jacket -so cool!
    Jeff’s To-Do list was fun to work on!
    Lack of Uber’s n Cabs was a buzz killer at 1AM
    Playing Not For You after I sent my extra NOT4YOU Vanity plate to the stage In Seattle really made me wonder if they did see it after all ?!? 
    Great Show - all Ed needed was a Trump Mask like in ‘03 and sing TrumpLeaguer to make it better!
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    edited September 2018
    Finally made it around here....

The show was awesome! Yeah, yeah, I get it. You can't come off of an all time great show like Seattle N2 and expect to top it though. The song selection was what made the show for me. The band was visibly having a great time with smiles all around. In My Tree, Pilate, Down, Bee Girl, and especially Fatal were my highlights. Throw Your Hatred Down was cool as well, and I didn't expect Imagine to be such a cool live experience as well. The staples like Corduroy, Alive, Even Flow, Not For You, Given to Fly are always good. Jon Tester's favorite song is Elderly Woman so that one is a lock for Montana. Indifference closer is nice, 2x in a row now for Missoula.  In comparison to the 2012 "Instant Classic" show, I'd give the edge to 2018 for the song selection. Both had their rarities (Ghost in 2012, Fatal in 2018) but hard to compare the two for the completely different feels to each show. 

Getting into the venue was easy for me, but it sounds like it plugged up quick when it was close to show time. I think the show might have had a couple more songs had they not started so late to accommodate the people waiting to get in. But glad Got Some was one of the songs scratched instead of one of the others. 

All around, a great memorable night that I won't forget any time soon!  Can't wait for the bootleg!

Edit:  Special thanks to the Lady that came up and gave me a card from Wrigley! I got Jeff, which was pretty cool since the night was all about him! Totally unexpected and generous!
    Post edited by KN219077 on
    Here are the unique songs from the last two missoula shows..not a bad list:

Pendulum

Elderly Woman

Go

Not For You

Do The Evolution 

Arms Aloft

Mind You Manners

Unthought Known

Got Some

Corduroy 

Severed Hand

Pilate

Lightning Bolt

State of Love and Trust

Jeremy

Even Flow

Last Kiss

Off He Goes

Man of the Hour

Low Light

In My Tree 

Ghost

Down

Amongst the Waves

Daughter 

Know Your Rights

Setting Forth

Can’t Deny Me

Bee Girl

Fatal

Imagine

Given To Fly

Throw your Hatred Down

Comatose 

Why Go

Wasted Reprise

Life Wasted

Fortunate Son

Kick out the Jams

Rocking in the Free World

Alive

Indifference 

• vogonpoetbythelakevogonpoetbythelake Posts: 2,146
    edited September 2018
    First steps on the Long road...friends o'mine... finally formal at Montana
    Post edited by vogonpoetbythelake on
    Congrats on the “M” engagement! 
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    So I guess it was a political rally after all...

BS44325 said:

Indeed, it’s no secret when they’re there to support Tester. I can’t complain, it’s a show I don’t have to travel for. It’s not like Missoula is a hot tour stop for bands. Once every 5 years we get someone of PJ’s caliber, 2014 was Paul McCartney, before that, Elton John and Rolling Stones. Dave Matthews Band was almost finalized but couldn’t get everything finished in time foe your announcement so university backed out. PJ obviously does well here, so let’s not wait another 6 yrs please.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    BS44325 said:

We know they didn't tell you that before the tickets went on sale.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS44325 said:

They sure didn’t. They didn’t tell Tester either before they decided to box him in. The results are on display tonight. So glad everybody Rocked 2 Vote!
  • socalstylesocalstyle Columbus, OH Posts: 40
    I like to believe that Tester won re-election because of the 25K people who attended this show. Now I just want him to jump a tractor over the White House!!!!!
    03 - Irvine
    10 - Columbus
    13 - Pittsburgh
    16 - Lexington, Chicago 2
    18 - Seattle 2, Missoula, Boston 1
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited November 2018
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

They sure didn’t. They didn’t tell Tester either before they decided to box him in. The results are on display tonight. So glad everybody Rocked 2 Vote!

Hell yeah, man!....is it chilly in here or what?
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    8/13/19 bump
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Loujoe said:
    8/13/19 bump
    Word. Bumping The Take above as well!