Options

Missoula poster

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    I find PORCH a very funny place to read political stuff. The poster reaction and defense over there is hilarious. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    unsung said:
    Funny no outrage when Obama was hung in effigy by groups of racist idiots or when idiot Nugent call the 1st lady a monkey , hypocrisy reigns in 2018 ...
    Did PJ make a poster of that?  

That is the point, that is why we are here.  It has nothing to do with feelings or snowflakes or unicorns that fart rainbows.  

Bush did things a million times more grievous than Trump, all we got was a mask on a mic stand and a couple of songs.

I think this illustrates the divide in the country and how brazen the left has become when showing their hands to how violent they can or want to be.  There is no love trumps hate, that only applies to the other side when it comes to that standard.

Maybe the band doesn't care anymore about alienating a portion of the fanbase, certainly people here don't care as evidenced by some replies in this thread, but it seems to no longer be the case of despite our beliefs or our differences we had that common bond and could come together despite all of that for the music.  I truly meant it when I said I'd buy the first round because when the music is going everyone would live in that moment and forget their differences and just be in the present.

I think it may have started with the harm to gun owners comment, now this.  Is that the direction? This poster is more than Rome is burning, I've said that for years, my core belief is to leave me alone and I leave you alone, now it just seems like it is getting personal.  I find the image of the dead body distasteful and beneath the band frankly.  I never would have guessed they would do that.  The point can be made perfectly clear having the white house on fire, but someone chose to go further instead.

In case anyone hasn't noticed Jon Tester has been pro gun in the past, so the image of the guy holding the 2nd Amendment on a pro-Tester poster is somewhat confusing as well.
    Where you been? The band’s never cared about alienating conservative fans and had several posters taking jabs at bush and co. Alfred E Newman as Bush jr being one of my faves.

And I think in this one, trump is undead as his corpse is still crawling to get to the Russin cash.  
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Why would you not be able to show a president dying (heartattack?), after burning down the white house and on his way fleeing to Russia with a briefcase full of the american people's money?
    From a symbolism standpoint, it’s perfect. 

Everyone dies, it’s not as if anyone is suggesting or advocating harm to Trump.

It’s a textbook example of how much people overreact these days. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    I find PORCH a very funny place to read political stuff. The poster reaction and defense over there is hilarious. 
    I'm just impressed that we are juggling 4 threads about a poster that nobody has said they even liked besides the symbolism of the art. Welcome to the modern day post Uniondale show.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    Funny no outrage when Obama was hung in effigy by groups of racist idiots or when idiot Nugent call the 1st lady a monkey , hypocrisy reigns in 2018 ...

That is the point, that is why we are here.  It has nothing to do with feelings or snowflakes or unicorns that fart rainbows.  

Bush did things a million times more grievous than Trump, all we got was a mask on a mic stand and a couple of songs.

I think this illustrates the divide in the country and how brazen the left has become when showing their hands to how violent they can or want to be.  There is no love trumps hate, that only applies to the other side when it comes to that standard.

Maybe the band doesn't care anymore about alienating a portion of the fanbase, certainly people here don't care as evidenced by some replies in this thread, but it seems to no longer be the case of despite our beliefs or our differences we had that common bond and could come together despite all of that for the music.  I truly meant it when I said I'd buy the first round because when the music is going everyone would live in that moment and forget their differences and just be in the present.

I think it may have started with the harm to gun owners comment, now this.  Is that the direction? This poster is more than Rome is burning, I've said that for years, my core belief is to leave me alone and I leave you alone, now it just seems like it is getting personal.  I find the image of the dead body distasteful and beneath the band frankly.  I never would have guessed they would do that.  The point can be made perfectly clear having the white house on fire, but someone chose to go further instead.

In case anyone hasn't noticed Jon Tester has been pro gun in the past, so the image of the guy holding the 2nd Amendment on a pro-Tester poster is somewhat confusing as well.
    Where you been? The band’s never cared about alienating conservative fans and had several posters taking jabs at bush and co. Alfred E Newman as Bush jr being one of my faves.

And I think in this one, trump is undead as his corpse is still crawling to get to the Russin cash.  
    Yeah, I don't get that.  So they don't like people because of their poltical beliefs but in the same breath will tell us to be tolerant and accepting and inclusive and diverse.

So it really only means believe what we believe.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Even the PJ sites on facebook are talking about this poster.  I would say the poster is a success, it is getting people talking and being engaged at least...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,945
    edited August 2018
    Why would you not be able to show a president dying (heartattack?), after burning down the white house and on his way fleeing to Russia with a briefcase full of the american people's money?
    From a symbolism standpoint, it’s perfect. 

Everyone dies, it’s not as if anyone is suggesting or advocating harm to Trump.

It’s a textbook example of how much people overreact these days. 
    Fabricate outrage. 

From the Fox News cult textbook.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Yeah, I don't get that.  So they don't like people because of their poltical beliefs but in the same breath will tell us to be tolerant and accepting and inclusive and diverse.

That’s not really what it means. I like some conservatives as friends and family. I don’t like their beliefs that tie into legalizing discrimination for example.  Those beliefs go against inclusion so they’re going to get opposition about the belief, and I can still like them and I can even understand where their beliefs come from, which is usually fear. 
  • Options
    unsung said:

Stop being disingenuous. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Good timing for PJ with this “controversy”. They just raised $11 million for charity. Kinda tough to really attack right now aren’t they? Even for non-PJ fan? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,945
    edited August 2018
    Good timing for PJ with this “controversy”. They just raised $11 million for charity. Kinda tough to really attack right now aren’t they? Even for non-PJ fan? 
    Trump attacked LeBron for an interview about Lebron starting a school.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Some things are not tolerable, Unsung.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Trump attacked LeBron for an interview about Lebron starting a school.
    Touché....

but i mean public image not trump image :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    tbergs said:
    Lots to analyze in this poster. Didn't even notice the eagle having a snack at first. Is that Pence in the right hand corner? Who's on the tractor?
    I think the bottom right corner is Congressman Andy Harris, Republican US Representative for Maryland's district 1.  This article may shed some light on the issues there:

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Any snowflakes with buyers remorse want to send me their print?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah,  go to Breitbart and you can be angry with them.  It's the lead story over there. 
    That's where he learned about it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    love it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

That’s not really what it means. I like some conservatives as friends and family. I don’t like their beliefs that tie into legalizing discrimination for example.  Those beliefs go against inclusion so they’re going to get opposition about the belief, and I can still like them and I can even understand where their beliefs come from, which is usually fear. 
    what does legalizing discrimination mean? 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

BAKE THE CAKE
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I didn’t really word that correctly. I mean rolling back protections in place regarding civil rights laws. Thinking specifically around denying services to gays and lesbians. A lot of conservatives support this under the guise of religious freedom.  
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Yo @BS44325, got an extra print from the show? Ikmow you were there under the big sky, hook your favorite liberal up! Lol
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    my2hands said:
    Yo @BS44325, got an extra print from the show? Ikmow you were there under the big sky, hook your favorite liberal up! Lol
    Sorry no extra. Why didn't you message me before! You know I would have hooked you up!
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I think it’s fantastic that this is on Breitbart. 
    Somewhere in Montana Jeff is having a good laugh at the expense  of the conservative snowflakes
    I bought the poster and will hang it proudly but it does have the possibility to backfire on Tester.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    my2hands said:
    Are they snowflakes or privileged oppressors?

Decide.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,581
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

Decide.
    Or else?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:

Stop being disingenuous. 
    bears repeating
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    mickeyrat said:
    unsung said:
    Is that what I think it is?

I dont know what you think it is. So how can we answer your question?
    I'm sure he knows what it is.... Surely Unsung, our self-proclaimed anti-government anarchist, loves this poster more than the rest of us?
    (and I for one love it simply for its boldness and the controversy it's inspired. Finally PJ made a bold enough and explicit enough statement to create some again! It's been 15 fucking years since Bu$hleaguer for crying out loud ;) ).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I don’t get calling them conservative snowflakes for not liking this.
    If some country band had the same poster with Obama, do you not think there’d be 10 times the outrage? With accusations of racism and everything else.
    im not offended, but I get why some would be.
    What did Obama do to be hated so much that he would be depicted on a poster in such a way? Other than be black?
    I’m not saying he did.
    i just find it funny that conservatives get made fun of for being offended for something like this, but if the shoe was on the other foot there’s probably be marches and boycotts over it.
    I also think it’s very understandable to be upset that a current president is depicted as dead with a bird eating him. Also why I don’t get the poking fun at them.
    Having racist undertones isn't comparable. There is nothing racist about this poster. And yeah, as mentioned, Trump DESERVES this kind of reaction. He's created it himself. I think it's pretty crazy for conservatives to think that Trump is going to get away with what he does without any kind of backlash, including through artistic expression.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    if that poster was printed in a newspaper as a political cartoon it would probably win a prize. that's how good it is.  I have never bought a PJ poster but I'd buy that one.  Kudos.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

Decide.
    Becaue according to you, those of privilege can’t be sensitive about it when challenged? My experience is the opposite. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.