Options

*** MISSOULA SETLIST THREAD ***

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    BS44325 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Some of you are bizzare. I don’t know what makes some of you happy when it comes to set lists. Every show is going to have the basic hits, some covers, some rarities and then everything else sprinkled in. You act so surprised every show.  I guess if there aren’t enough rarities the show sucks. 
    Yeah I don't get it either.  Maybe since this is a paid fan club forum, there are more people here than most band forums who have seen the band in the double digits (or some even triple digits)

But I don't know... I think that a lot of those people who have seen the band so many times need to know that the band is not writing set lists for the minority of people who by their own choice see all those shows, they are creating a setlist based on many factors, including lots and lots of folks who far outweigh those multiple show goers where it may even be their first show

I follow many bands closely and Pearl Jam is the first where you have a setlist that has rarities (Fatal, Bee Girl, etc.) along with fucking amazingly great and well crafted songs peppering the setlist and having people say "no thanks".  It just baffles my mind how demanding and spoiled some folks seem to be with setlists
    Don’t get me wrong...I am not complaining about the setlist. I am speaking to a vibe that came from the stage. Again the band had every right to play what they want and discuss what they want...I don’t knock that at all. That being said if you spent time walking around Missoula and felt the amazing vibe coming from the town and the people you would expect the band to deliver a show equal to or greater then that vibe. Unfortunately this band now loses the plot more often then not.
    Have you ever thought that maybe it's you who is the problem in the relationship, not the band. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Wow. Just read through all of this. Went to bed last night instead of staying up to follow. Never seen a set list thread degenerate on this level before. Way to go guys!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    I'll never understand people who are physically at the show who choose to comment in the setlist thread during the show. WTF? Time to take a break from PJ. Next time give your ticket to one of us. I would have loved to have been there. You can't complain about the crowd or energy when you're the Debbie Downer on your phone bitching about the concert. You suck the life out of the crowd, not the band.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    RP112579 said:
    BS44325 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Some of you are bizzare. I don’t know what makes some of you happy when it comes to set lists. Every show is going to have the basic hits, some covers, some rarities and then everything else sprinkled in. You act so surprised every show.  I guess if there aren’t enough rarities the show sucks. 
    Yeah I don't get it either.  Maybe since this is a paid fan club forum, there are more people here than most band forums who have seen the band in the double digits (or some even triple digits)

But I don't know... I think that a lot of those people who have seen the band so many times need to know that the band is not writing set lists for the minority of people who by their own choice see all those shows, they are creating a setlist based on many factors, including lots and lots of folks who far outweigh those multiple show goers where it may even be their first show

I follow many bands closely and Pearl Jam is the first where you have a setlist that has rarities (Fatal, Bee Girl, etc.) along with fucking amazingly great and well crafted songs peppering the setlist and having people say "no thanks".  It just baffles my mind how demanding and spoiled some folks seem to be with setlists
    Don’t get me wrong...I am not complaining about the setlist. I am speaking to a vibe that came from the stage. Again the band had every right to play what they want and discuss what they want...I don’t knock that at all. That being said if you spent time walking around Missoula and felt the amazing vibe coming from the town and the people you would expect the band to deliver a show equal to or greater then that vibe. Unfortunately this band now loses the plot more often then not.
    Was it hard walking out of the stadium and getting back to your hotel  with your diaper full?
    Bazinga!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    tbergs said:
    I'll never understand people who are physically at the show who choose to comment in the setlist thread during the show. WTF? Time to take a break from PJ. Next time give your ticket to one of us. I would have loved to have been there. You can't complain about the crowd or energy when you're the Debbie Downer on your phone bitching about the concert. You suck the life out of the crowd, not the band.
    First time in 41 shows that I’ve ever done it. I read these setlist threads when I can’t be at the show because it can sometimes paint a picture of what it’s like being there. I thought the quality of last night deserved a little commentary.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    tbergs said:
    BS44325 said:
    jmug23 said:

Have you ever thought that maybe it's you who is the problem in the relationship, not the band. 
    Nope. I haven’t. The show didn’t rock. That wasn’t my doing.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    BS44325 said:
    tbergs said:
    BS44325 said:
    jmug23 said:

and that's your opinion....others say the opposite.  I read a review of someone that was at Seattle 2 who said it was great energy, crowd around them was blown away all night
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    I brought my son and daughter to the pit. Son thought it was okay especially after being in the pit both nights in Seattle.  He knows every song.  

My daughter is a casual fan at best,  having seen them twice.  She loved it because she knew most songs.  She would have been lost at Seattle 2 So I was happy oneof my kids loved it.  Can't please everyone. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Gern Blansten said: pop
    BS44325 said:
    tbergs said:
    BS44325 said:
    jmug23 said:

and that's your opinion....others say the opposite.  I read a review of someone that was at Seattle 2 who said it was great energy, crowd around them was blown away all night

It's ironic that's being said about Seattle 2.

I've tried a few times to enjoy some videos from that show and the widespread fan chatting above the band is beyond annoying.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    BS44325 said:
    tbergs said:
    BS44325 said:
    jmug23 said:

I've tried a few times to enjoy some videos from that show and the widespread fan chatting above the band is beyond annoying.
    I have plenty of tape from the pit and several locations that will surface once the official boots come out.

Although this would be a wonderful release ala MSG 2003, just a straight concert. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    tbergs said:
    BS44325 said:
    jmug23 said:

Are you watching the replay videos at MoPoP? I saw some of those and its people watching a screen of the show the night before. The chatter is highly annoying even though the video is killer. 
  • Options
    EA17313EA17313 Posts: 62
    This show was an epic  dud. Does this mean Tester will lose on November 6th?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    My god I've never seen a setlist go to such shit. Whata pissing match if I've ever seen one. Who the fuck cares bout someone sig. Sig is whatever the fuck you want it to be. 
    It is a good thing they are playing the shows for the people there and not the people here looking at the setlist online ;)
    I'm sure someone at the concert is annoyed by what's going on around them or people talking 

I remember seeing Rush a while back and was baffled at the people in front of me talking and texting the whole time!  So yeah I totally agree haha

I recall many years ago working with this young lady not too many co-workers talked too much, seemed very unassuming, even had the nerdy glasses like I do.

Struck up a conversation one day and she totally blew my mind. She was a guitar geek (I know, right?) and was totally into McCready and that Lifeson guy from rush. Even had a cat named Lerxy after him.

One day she invited me over, and wow, her appearance outside work, completely different. I wasn't thinking anything but PJ going in, but, wow.

Anyway, she whips out that amazing 59 Les Paul you see above and starts playing some nice rolling frolicking lines, weaving in n out and kinda like that guitar in NAIS. And all I could think about was...wow.

So she wants to chat MM and that other HOF guitarist, but on a very technical level above my head, and I'm not a player. Will never forget that. Turns out, outta my league. Somewhere out there one lucky dude or dudette.

• Options
    Redmosquito91Redmosquito91 Jackson, WY Posts: 48
    The show was great. I had a blast. Everyone I went with had a blast. The setlist was surprising and enjoyable. Was it my favorite out of 17 shows? No. Does that mean it sucked? No way.  It was still Pearl Jam playing great songs in a great place. That's all I needed.

But, if you're someone who thinks it sucked, I'm sorry you had a bad time. I hope the next show you go to is better for you. 

Pittsburgh 4/26/03, State College 5/3/03, Reading 10/1/04, Toledo 10/2/04, Toronto 9/19/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Cincinnati 6/24/06, Washington D.C. 6/22/08, Cleveland 5/9/10, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Missoula 8/13/18, Denver 9/22/22, St. Paul 8/31/23, St. Paul 9/2/23