Options

Thank you to Pearl Jam and Community

InMyInnerSenseInMyInnerSense Posts: 58
edited August 2018 in The Porch
Just wanted to drop the 10 Club, the band (if they notice such things) and the community a quick 'thank you' for the Home Shows.

I was accompanied to the MoPoP exhibit and Night Two by my wonderful 72 year old father, who is recovering from a pretty rough bout of cancer and is a HUGE Pearl Jam fan. We have seen three shows together and they are all wonderful memories we share (8/10 in addition to the Groundwork Music Festival and the Gorge 9/2015). So a tremendous amount of thanks and gratitude to the band for putting on a terrific, entirely memorable show... and making it accessible to people of limited mobility and energy.

Thanks also to you, the community, who were accepting, welcoming and consistently friendly - even chatty - with my dad. He is precious to me and our remaining time is necessarily limited, so it was so wonderful to see him accepted so warmly and with such incredible consideration. Waiting in line for MoPoP, while we were watching the videoed show, and again waiting in line for the show and while we were at the show - just wonderful, accepting, involving and kind people. I can't say thank you enough.

So once again, please accept my deepest and sincerest gratitude. It was a time I will never forget with my dad (and all of you).

Best,
D
Post edited by InMyInnerSense on

Comments

• Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    What a touching message. On behalf of MoPop, I'm so glad you and your father had the opportunity to attend the screening and enjoy the exhibition. That made my night to hear about it, so thank you for sharing.  :)
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,908
    That is an awesome story.  I’m so glad you were able to create one more lasting memory to cherish.  Sending you both love and hugs.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop