Mike McCready - Nice guy but not a fan of stage antics

paul.j.bellpaul.j.bell Posts: 9
edited August 2018 in The Porch
Don't get me wrong I like me some Mike, as a songwriter and "shredder" he's solid and I love Pearl Jam.  But seriously his stage antics walking around annoy me - so my question is doesn't everyone think he's kind of lame on stage?  I just say kind of lame.  What say you?
Post edited by paul.j.bell on

Comments

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    :lol: 

Nice first post. Good luck with this.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Bye bye
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    This is going to go great
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Mike is a guitar god and a genuinely great person. He's an inspiration to any of us who have struggled and fought back  in life. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Mike is a guitar god and a genuinely great person. He's an inspiration to any of us who have struggled and fought back  in life. 
    Guitar god?  Not really, solid shredder at best.  Great guy, yes definitely seems like it.  But come on the walking around stage is a little much huh?  It's the one thing that always annoyed me about PJ live.  Still love the band though.
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Lol. If I had to chose a member of the band to meet as far as predicting how awesome our interaction would be, it would by far be Mike. He is a guitar god on stage too.

Good luck with this one....
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • I too, hate it when people walk around on stage.  The nerve of some people, walking around like they think they can walk and play guitar while walking and also walking in between songs and walking to and from the stage.  Pfft the nerve of some people
  • shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Are those my only 2 choices?!
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    If you’re looking for shoegazers I hear Morrissey is still scheduling shows to cancel at the last minute. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Next up.....

That damn Mike always throwing picks to the fans.
    Ugh soooooo annoying 
  • shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    I too, hate it when people walk around on stage.  The nerve of some people, walking around like they think they can walk and play guitar while walking and also walking in between songs and walking to and from the stage.  Pfft the nerve of some people
    All that walking around though! By a guy who's only a solid shredder on top of it.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • sherm said:
    Are those my only 2 choices?!
    I changed my comments since people obviously can't take a joke, but seriously his whole walking around pointing act in between playing.  Could do without it...anyway love PJ, see y'all at Wrigley N1
  • link93link93 Posts: 403
    Is there a full moon or something in the water lately. Some of these threads. WOW. 
  • link93 said:
    Is there a full moon or something in the water lately. Some of these threads. WOW. 
    I mean we love the band right?  Can we not be critical?  Does anyone honestly like "Can't Deny Me"?
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• paul.j.bellpaul.j.bell Posts: 9
    edited August 2018
    Post deleted. Name calling is not ok.
    Post edited by Sea on
    See the source image
    Mike is a guitar god and a genuinely great person. He's an inspiration to any of us who have struggled and fought back  in life. 
    Guitar god?  Not really, solid shredder at best.  Great guy, yes definitely seems like it.  But come on the walking around stage is a little much huh?  It's the one thing that always annoyed me about PJ live.  Still love the band though.
    Yeah, he is. You should stay home so that you don't have to suffer through his walking and pointing. 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    link93 said:
    I mean we love the band right?  Can we not be critical?  Does anyone honestly like "Can't Deny Me"?
    Yes.  I like Can't Deny Me.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Mike is a guitar god and a genuinely great person. He's an inspiration to any of us who have struggled and fought back  in life. 
    Yeah, he is. You should stay home so that you don't have to suffer through his walking and pointing. 
    God forbid there's one thing about the band that I find a little lame.  Doesn't really detract me from a great time at PJ
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    He got his arse out at the end of one gig I was at, back in 1992. He's practically a stock-still elder statesman, these days.
  • link93 said:
    Does anyone honestly like "Can't Deny Me"?
    I like that song.  And you can't deny me on that one
  • Gtilley8 said:
    link93 said:
    Good god, is there a single Pearl Jam song you don't like if you like that garbage?  
    Stop it, Mike. Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

See the source image
    While we're at it...

Pete, no more sliding.

Chuck, don't even think about duck walking.

Angus, cut that shit out.
  • Gtilley8 said:
    link93 said:
    Good god, is there a single Pearl Jam song you don't like if you like that garbage?  
    I hope at your next PJ show they play Can't Deny Me with Mike feeling like walking even more than usual

All the best
  • Gtilley8 said:
    link93 said:
    I hope at your next PJ show they play Can't Deny Me with Mike feeling like walking even more than usual

All the best
    Good piss break for Wrigley N1
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    edited August 2018
    He only walks in counterclockwise circles while onstage.
    This is bad, very bad, you must always walk clockwise in the circle.
    Post edited by ryph raph on
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• link93 said:
    Does anyone honestly like "Can't Deny Me"?
    I like that song.  And you can't deny me on that one
    Clever, much more than anything in that crap song.  
    Gtilley8 said:
    link93 said:
    I love Can't Deny Me.

There are a handful of songs I don't like. I just saw my 81st show in Seattle and my excitement level was as high as it was for my first on 7/11/95. Bring on Wrigley!

This discussion has been closed.