Options

Dear 10c

124»

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    baseborn said:
    Anyone got any experience/had success emailing 10c? I emailed a week ago about an issue I’ve had with an order and got no reply. Even sent a couple of chase up emails which have also been ignored. What’s the best way to escalate it?
    There have been a few concerts going on....I would guess you'll hear something soon
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    That's a bummer too. My Metallica tickets came in the mail the other day and it was so refreshing to just open an envelope and have my two tickets physically in my hand. I'm all for technical advances. I'm not the type that turns on Netflix and laments that Blockbuster doesn't exist anymore. But there are some exceptions, and this is one. 

Good points made here, but I have forgotten/ misplaced tickets, but to date (cross my fingers ) I have not forgotten/ misplaced my phone.  It I do like the Netflix and Blockbuster reference.  I have always thought it was a lack of foresight on the part of the Blockbuster Board for not seeing this coming ! 
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I will never wait more than 20 minutes for merch.  And 20 is pushing it.  I will buy it on the website after the fact, I would buy it before the show, too. But there is just no way I wait more than 20 minutes to buy a shirt.   some people waiting 4 hours?   I cant even imagine it 
    i read recently the real thrill for people who wait in merch line for 4 hours is they get to have a bunch of new friends all over the world as they connect with those in line with them..
    same with the person who camps out 2 days for a rail GA spot all he/she says i got a whole bunch new friends LMAO and that the time spent was worth it because of that.
    that is some funny shit right there  :)

I want to start a poll of what’s crazier: the price of a setlist shirt selling on eBay (I had to look to see what all the fuss was about: currently at $186) or waiting in line for hours to buy a shirt. Enjoy the cities you’re in guys. Forget the merch!
    I feel these people are trying to put a positive spin on a pride-swallowing and irritating situation ;)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I have never personally bought a single piece of merch at any concert I have ever been to. Avoiding the merch stands altogether is a pretty peaceful way to go IMO. A merch frenzy just doesn't really seem to jive with the music experience IMO. But that's just me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    KC138045 said:
    vest71 said:
    the solution is pretty simple, i talked to a lot of people in merch line througout Europe on this tour, and we could all agree on one thing the merch sale in front of arenas is an embarresment and they sould be ashamed who ever runs this line of buisness.
    And now for the easy solution.... when you "win" the shows and get the confirmation email yhere should be a small box you could check out (like the ones you get if you want to buy dutyfree in the airport when you book your flight ) 
    an example: you won 6 Europe shows and you get the oppertunity to order the posters or setlist shirt so you check it and the posters would be sent to your home address ( no need for carrying around postertubes etc. ) and you will not have to stand in line 4-5 hours before shows ( and still miss out ).
    Of course ther will be merch stands at the shows ( people with non 10c tix should have the chance as well ) + stickers/ buttons /pins or posters if you want to see them before buying.
    And they ( merch people ) hopefully know well in advance how many posters they will make for each show ( normally just 1 ) and the should know if there will be some show specific merch like the setlist t-shirt.
    this solution doesn't requrire a lot of work from 10C, quiet frankly i thing 10c could save a lot in the long run by not producing more than they need.
    I get what your saying and it would be fantastic if this was how it was but I don't think 10c alone could handle this.  They are a small operation and you're talking a ton of orders.  Lets say 10c got 10,000 tickets for each of the home and away shows and everyone of those 10,000 ordered the poster and setlist shirt.  That's 70,000 orders to fill.  There is no way their operation is big enough to handle that or even half that amount.
    So it is ok to treat the fans bad just because you are a "smal" organizasion that makes millions of dollars every year, it is ok to take our money and don't provide a good service ? 
    I don't think the people in the "10C barn" actually have anything to do with the posters etc. from they are being printed/ made somewhere in the world and to they are shipped to the right location / venue, and if they do they probably should rethink the whole organization and the logistic.

Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited August 2018
    vest71 said:
    KC138045 said:
    vest71 said:
    the solution is pretty simple, i talked to a lot of people in merch line througout Europe on this tour, and we could all agree on one thing the merch sale in front of arenas is an embarresment and they sould be ashamed who ever runs this line of buisness.
    And now for the easy solution.... when you "win" the shows and get the confirmation email yhere should be a small box you could check out (like the ones you get if you want to buy dutyfree in the airport when you book your flight ) 
    an example: you won 6 Europe shows and you get the oppertunity to order the posters or setlist shirt so you check it and the posters would be sent to your home address ( no need for carrying around postertubes etc. ) and you will not have to stand in line 4-5 hours before shows ( and still miss out ).
    Of course ther will be merch stands at the shows ( people with non 10c tix should have the chance as well ) + stickers/ buttons /pins or posters if you want to see them before buying.
    And they ( merch people ) hopefully know well in advance how many posters they will make for each show ( normally just 1 ) and the should know if there will be some show specific merch like the setlist t-shirt.
    this solution doesn't requrire a lot of work from 10C, quiet frankly i thing 10c could save a lot in the long run by not producing more than they need.
    I get what your saying and it would be fantastic if this was how it was but I don't think 10c alone could handle this.  They are a small operation and you're talking a ton of orders.  Lets say 10c got 10,000 tickets for each of the home and away shows and everyone of those 10,000 ordered the poster and setlist shirt.  That's 70,000 orders to fill.  There is no way their operation is big enough to handle that or even half that amount.
    So it is ok to treat the fans bad just because you are a "smal" organizasion that makes millions of dollars every year, it is ok to take our money and don't provide a good service ? 
    I don't think the people in the "10C barn" actually have anything to do with the posters etc. from they are being printed/ made somewhere in the world and to they are shipped to the right location / venue, and if they do they probably should rethink the whole organization and the logistic.

How are they treating us bad?  They set up the huge merch tents and open them for multiple days to try and give as many people as possible the chance to buy what they want.  Then on top of that they also have stands inside the venue giving everyone another chance and after the shows are long over they put whats left for sale in the shop including the posters.

Yes the lines are crazy and the flippers are out of control but this band brings people together from all over the world and their concerts have become huge events.  There could definitely be a better way to handle the merch sales but to say they treat us bad and don't provide a good service is taking it too far.  They're just a freaking fan club for cripes sake.
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    KC138045 said:
    How are they treating us bad?  They set up the huge merch tents and open them for multiple days to try and give as many people as possible the chance to buy what they want.  Then on top of that they also have stands inside the venue giving everyone another chance and after the shows are long over they put whats left for sale in the shop including the posters.

Yes the lines are crazy and the flippers are out of control but this band brings people together from all over the world and their concerts have become huge events.  There could definitely be a better way to handle the merch sales but to say they treat us bad and don't provide a good service is taking it too far.  They're just a freaking fan club for cripes sake.
    +1. Could be better, but don't say that they treat you badly, because this is one of the best run bands as a business out there. Things could be WAYYY worse.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,437
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I will never wait more than 20 minutes for merch.  And 20 is pushing it.  I will buy it on the website after the fact, I would buy it before the show, too. But there is just no way I wait more than 20 minutes to buy a shirt.   some people waiting 4 hours?   I cant even imagine it 
    i read recently the real thrill for people who wait in merch line for 4 hours is they get to have a bunch of new friends all over the world as they connect with those in line with them..
    same with the person who camps out 2 days for a rail GA spot all he/she says i got a whole bunch new friends LMAO and that the time spent was worth it because of that.
    Well, there is SOME merit to that.  I have been in GA lines before, and yes, I made friends there.  Great experiences.  But in the end, the goal was the band, not the shirts.   

To your point, I have made more friends going to bars, meet-ups, at the show, etc than in a merch line.  That said....i never spent 4 hours in a merch line before.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Vedd Hedd said:
    no person in Seattle ever got through in 20 minutes, lol
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have never personally bought a single piece of merch at any concert I have ever been to. Avoiding the merch stands altogether is a pretty peaceful way to go IMO. A merch frenzy just doesn't really seem to jive with the music experience IMO. But that's just me.
    Same here. Like most people around here, I have my own Pearl Jam obsessions. Thankfully posters and other "merch" aren't among them. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    basebornbaseborn UK Posts: 143
    vest71 said:

This is what 10c told me via email today

Regarding tour merch:
    The common misconception is that Ten Club has anything to do with tour merch. We do not.
    We are allotted a small amount of tour posters per show. The rest is sold by a merchandise company called TSURT. They design, manufacture and fund this merchandise. We sell tickets, Vault Vinyl, bootlegs and other Ten Club exclusive items. These are two completely separate entities. 
    Now, if there is unsold merch from a tour, that merchandise is sometimes sold by Ten Club, but very rarely.

We do take as many measures/steps as is within our purview to provide the best opportunities for Ten Club members to get the PJ merch they want. And we also do as much as is within our ability to stop secondary market demand.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    baseborn said:
    vest71 said:

Regarding tour merch:
    The common misconception is that Ten Club has anything to do with tour merch. We do not.
    We are allotted a small amount of tour posters per show. The rest is sold by a merchandise company called TSURT. They design, manufacture and fund this merchandise. We sell tickets, Vault Vinyl, bootlegs and other Ten Club exclusive items. These are two completely separate entities. 
    Now, if there is unsold merch from a tour, that merchandise is sometimes sold by Ten Club, but very rarely.

We do take as many measures/steps as is within our purview to provide the best opportunities for Ten Club members to get the PJ merch they want. And we also do as much as is within our ability to stop secondary market demand.

That's pretty interesting. I guess it makes sense that the fan club and merchandise are separate arms. Feel like we could use a Pearl Jam, Inc. org chart.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    baseborn said:
    vest71 said:

Regarding tour merch:

Yet Chris (mrtsurt on instagram) doesn't sell anything online...
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    baseborn said:
    vest71 said:

Regarding tour merch:

I've been blaming MR TSURT for years.  Ask my friend Amy!!! I cursed him all thru the Wrigley line in 2016.

I have been trying to tell you guys.... Mr T-shit is only out for the almighty greenback dollar!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    All that aside, it comes down to the band.  They always say all the stuff is homegrown and they maintain control.  They allow the merch situation.  It's just clear that they don;t care.  And maybe they are trying to teach us a lesson. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,835
    All that aside, it comes down to the band.  They always say all the stuff is homegrown and they maintain control.  They allow the merch situation.  It's just clear that they don;t care.  And maybe they are trying to teach us a lesson. ;)
    "Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a tour shirt..."
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    baseborn said:
    vest71 said:

Regarding tour merch:

Haha, nice deflection, 10c. 10c hired or "partnered" with TSURT. There are many other merch vendors they could use, so it isn't like their hands were tied. As to the last sentence, that is fake news. If they're doing everything they can, then that says more than they probably meant to say. Crazy secondary merch demand means primary merch demand continues to be silly and require 4 hour lines. They love it. $$$
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    vest71 said:
    KC138045 said:
    vest71 said:

sorry i didn't made it clear that I was talking about the Europe tour ....  for insatnse they put up a merch tent in Praque and half an hour later posters and t-shirts were sold out ( we stood in line for 2-3 hours before they opened up )
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    I saw a post on reddit from an individual saying he left his seats 3-4 songs into the show to get merch and proceeded to wait 90 minutes and missed the remainder of the opening set. Have people lost their minds?  I'm all for grabbing a souvenir but has merch become more important than the show you came to see? Yeah, flippers suck but they are only half the problem. The other half are the merch hounds who are willing to do all this crazy shit for what amounts to nothing more than material nicknacks. To be fair to 10c, the band and the people that sell the merch...someone not getting what they want, when they want for the amount they want it for does not = bad service.  The people running merch have started opening booths days before and after shows and running them for extended hours to help fulfill peoples insane obsession with this stuff.   If you were lucky enough to win 10c tix for a show, the 10c is not obliged to spend their resources on policing if you get merch or not to go along with it.  Suggesting that you are entitled to it because you already had the good fortune of going to the show is nonsense.  
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    baseborn said:
    vest71 said:

Regarding tour merch:

Thanks for clearing that out ..... maybe i should stop buying merch if the band doesn't get anything out of it and have nothing to say ... 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    edited August 2018
    jeffbr said:
    baseborn said:
    vest71 said:

Regarding tour merch:

Haha, nice deflection, 10c. 10c hired or "partnered" with TSURT. There are many other merch vendors they could use, so it isn't like their hands were tied. As to the last sentence, that is fake news. If they're doing everything they can, then that says more than they probably meant to say. Crazy secondary merch demand means primary merch demand continues to be silly and require 4 hour lines. They love it. $$$
    That's not what that says at all, but ok
  • Options
    Thank you 10C. I realize you are a small team (like 4 people) that has to handle the often unrealistic expectations of millions. Keep doing what you are doing. I appreciate the hard work. 

Get a grip people 
  • Options
    mrnothmrnoth Posts: 7
    Seattle Night 2 I entered the stadium at 5:20, went to the merch booth in the upper deck, got everything I wanted. Total time from entering the line to walking away with my stuff: 30 minutes. I felt very fortunate.

Regarding the 10C, I find them very responsive and helpful. For Wrigley in 2016, they helped me switch my tickets to accommodate my ticket buddy's health issues.  They were great!
    Chicago, Illinois (June 18, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 17, 2006), East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Philadelphia 1 (April 28, 2016), Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016), Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016) Seattle 1 (August 8, 2018) Seattle 2 (August 10, 2018) Chicago 1 (August 18, 2018)
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 688
    edited August 2018
    jeffbr said:
    baseborn said:
    vest71 said:

Regarding tour merch:

They have to outsource the sales......what are they supposed to do? They make more and more merch every time out and its still not enough. They don't profit from the secondary sales, and they could make a lot more money if they wanted to (just make more and create a false demand). See Jordan shoes.

But everyone knows the grass is always greener. The bitching and complaining definitely doesn't stop. Preorder stuff? Sounds great. Can you imagine all the complaints associated with that? The returns? The shipping, logistics, and overhead? Damaged product? And last but not least the unsold product? Are you going to help with the unsold stuff they take a bath on? Nope. Nobody cares, or even thinks about that. 

Post edited by Eddieredder on