Announcing 'The Home Shows'

1789101113»

Comments

• Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903

My friend shot this photo backstage last night before the show - they really take the cake!
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    KS1695 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Evidently Safeco field is now saying no cameras at all. I was just told that at the entrance.
    Ridiculous, but true. I brought the same tiny Cannon camera that I've brought to many shows, not pro no detachable lens, and they made me go to that bag check for $10. Man , I was not the only person pissed in that bag check line. There was no notification of this rule change as far as I know. The purse size thing really po'd people too. Luckily I had read that change on here this morning. Not cool at all to change the rules at the last minute and not officially notify peeps. Sorry, rants over.
    Yes, so aggravating. Mine is a small Sony digital camera, basically the same size as my phone. We had to walk a few blocks to take it back to the car, but luckily we found out from a security guard shortly before they opened the gates. They tried to tell me that my purse was too big, but when they held it up to the index card they were using it was a perfect fit. Almost had to make two trips back to the car or pay the $10 to check it. Very aggravating!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
    I was also not allowed to bring in my tiny point and shoot camera in last night.  It's smaller than my phone.  I only saw the signs that said "No professional cameras" once I got to the security area.  When I got to the metal detector the security guy told me my camera wasn't allowed and I'd have to get out of line, go around the block, check it, and then go to the very end of the GA line again.  Several of the security lines were stopped up because numerous people were having the same issue as me, as well as having their small purses denied.  When a few of us in line pointed at the "No professional camera" line on the sign, the security just said it wasn't allowed.  So Friday night folks, nothing but a phone is allowed.  Frustrating.
    I debated on trying to sneak the camera in once we found out that no cameras were allowed, but it sounds like that wouldn't have worked. We were fortunate to find out from security about 15 minutes before the gate opened, and that was only because someone walked up and asked about his particular camera. We happened to overhear that there were no cameras allowed, so we took it back to the car. It's quite aggravating because my phone took lousy pictures last night, so I didn't get anything worth keeping. 
  • Taka-TTaka-T Posts: 59
    KS1695 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Evidently Safeco field is now saying no cameras at all. I was just told that at the entrance.
    Ridiculous, but true. I brought the same tiny Cannon camera that I've brought to many shows, not pro no detachable lens, and they made me go to that bag check for $10. Man , I was not the only person pissed in that bag check line. There was no notification of this rule change as far as I know. The purse size thing really po'd people too. Luckily I had read that change on here this morning. Not cool at all to change the rules at the last minute and not officially notify peeps. Sorry, rants over.
    Same here. If they changed the rule, why don’t they say officially? I went Safeco this morning to buy merch and saw the same board which only say no professional camera allowed. 
    Osaka 1995
    Osaka 2003
    Lisbon 1&2 2006
    MSG 1&2 2008
    Milton Keynes 2014
    Wrigley 1&2 2016
    10c No. 364XXX
  • KS1695KS1695 Posts: 30
    Taka-T said:
    KS1695 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Same here. If they changed the rule, why don’t they say officially? I went Safeco this morning to buy merch and saw the same board which only say no professional camera allowed. 
    I'm so seriously bummed, it's my first PJ show that I didn't get to take any pictures at. The camera I tried to bring in literally has PJ and TOTD pictures on it. Argh..... I was so frustrated I didn't even buy any merch and I really wanted one of the totes or coaster sets, or even a keychain. But after the hassles, I couldn't stand in line for another hour or two. 
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 335
    Question about GA. I don't care if I am close, just a decent spot without being squeezed in. Are there spots towards the back and/or sides that are OK that aren't completely packed? When I was in the GA pit a few years ago I was in the back. Could see perfectly and had as much room as I could want. Of course this was an arena show. 

10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• gimmiefuel69gimmiefuel69 Snoqualmie, WA Posts: 7
    10 Club Email about tomorrow's 8/10 show:

Regarding Seattle August 10th Ten Club mobile tickets.

Show time is 7:30pm.  

Entry lines were congested at show time yesterday due to lots of late arrivals. Please arrive early to avoid long wait times or missing the start of the show. 

Seated Ticket Holders:
    Seated Ten Club mobile ticket holders, your designated exclusive Ten Club entrance at Safeco Field is the Center Field Gate.  However, please know your Ten Club mobile tickets will also scan at the Left Field and Home Plate Gates. The Right Field Gate will open to seated ticket holders after the GA pit line is fully processed.

GA Tickets Holders:
    GA Ten Club mobile ticket holders, your designated entrance is the Right Field Gate. Once the GA line is fully processed, the Right Field Gate will open to seated ticket holders also.

Enjoy the Show!

10c
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    I have amazing seats at Fenway and am going to be bummed if I can't bring a point-and-shoot camera. Hopefully they get this sorted out quickly.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Just arrived from LA. Met two rad fans on the flight from Burbank, hope to see them at the show again. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • PSUS2H said:
    Post show transportation, am I better taking the light rail back to my hotel around Madison and 5th, walking back, or taking ride-share?
    With the throngs of people, I'd say you are safe to just walk up 1st avenue towards the Hotel. With this Friday show, the bars in Pioneer Square will be rocking.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited August 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I was also not allowed to bring in my tiny point and shoot camera in last night.  It's smaller than my phone.  I only saw the signs that said "No professional cameras" once I got to the security area.  When I got to the metal detector the security guy told me my camera wasn't allowed and I'd have to get out of line, go around the block, check it, and then go to the very end of the GA line again.  Several of the security lines were stopped up because numerous people were having the same issue as me, as well as having their small purses denied.  When a few of us in line pointed at the "No professional camera" line on the sign, the security just said it wasn't allowed.  So Friday night folks, nothing but a phone is allowed.  Frustrating.
    I debated on trying to sneak the camera in once we found out that no cameras were allowed, but it sounds like that wouldn't have worked. We were fortunate to find out from security about 15 minutes before the gate opened, and that was only because someone walked up and asked about his particular camera. We happened to overhear that there were no cameras allowed, so we took it back to the car. It's quite aggravating because my phone took lousy pictures last night, so I didn't get anything worth keeping. 
    My wife actually got my P&S camera in, but I didn't not want to use it and get kicked out of GA or break Ten Club policy... Pretty clear that its the band and not Safeco...what gives?... but the giant iPhone +'s  right front of me all night was real fun... this policy needs some tweaking. A point and shoot non detachable lens camera should be fine and encouraged over cell phones. Some bands are going anti-cell phone.. surprises me PJ isn't leading that charge, this seems the opposite of that, now people HAVE to bring a phone...argg...   Was hoping they might re-think the anti-social ;) strict policy for show 2... any word? And Sorry guys no free images to share with you guys from show 1.. 
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• What time did the set start on Wednesday?
    cderespino said:O
    What time did the set start on Wednesday?
    8:30 pm
  • blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    Tool doesn’t even allow cell phones when they are performing.  Fee blessed you get to use your phone.  Or god forbid.....actually watch the show.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 187
    Last night, 2nd night of the Home Shows, was my first ever PJ show. Despite being a fan for 25 years. I never seemed to be at the right time or place, and sometimes just not quick enough to get tickets I could afford. Thankfully I joined 10C two years ago and was able to get 2 GA tickets for last night. My partner and I came all the way from NYC, stood in line for 3 hrs to buy some merch in the morning and then got into Safeco around 6pm. All throughput we encountered and met other fans, and I have to say... some of the nicest people I’ve encountered at a live music show. Also watching people in GA react like well-trained emergency responders and assist people who appeared to have fainted was mind blowing and inspiring. You really take care of each other! I’m so happy and proud to have been there. The show was amazing too, of course. Anyways thank you all for being fans who are a reflection of such a principled and generous band. I work on homeless education in NY and so I’m going back feeling energized and inspired by PJ and you all!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    jdasilvaf said:
    Last night, 2nd night of the Home Shows, was my first ever PJ show. Despite being a fan for 25 years. I never seemed to be at the right time or place, and sometimes just not quick enough to get tickets I could afford. Thankfully I joined 10C two years ago and was able to get 2 GA tickets for last night. My partner and I came all the way from NYC, stood in line for 3 hrs to buy some merch in the morning and then got into Safeco around 6pm. All throughput we encountered and met other fans, and I have to say... some of the nicest people I’ve encountered at a live music show. Also watching people in GA react like well-trained emergency responders and assist people who appeared to have fainted was mind blowing and inspiring. You really take care of each other! I’m so happy and proud to have been there. The show was amazing too, of course. Anyways thank you all for being fans who are a reflection of such a principled and generous band. I work on homeless education in NY and so I’m going back feeling energized and inspired by PJ and you all!
    :heart::heart::heart:

So glad to hear you had a great first show! What you described is exactly why I keep coming back (well other than the 3 hour merch line)
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    This all felt like being at a PJ conference. The museum the fans on my flight the people walking around town in their favorite PJ tee, the show. This was really special for me. Especially since I went by myself. Thanks everyone!
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    blackhawks said: 
    Tool doesn’t even allow cell phones when they are performing.  Fee blessed you get to use your phone.  Or god forbid.....actually watch the show.

I agree fans should focus on the music. Watching some videos from the pit, the Seattle fans chatting over the band was far worse than cell phones, although the band and venue should have an obligation to notify prohibited items at time of purchase.

https://youtu.be/FFOr_q0y2kQ

But comparing PJ to Tool? Please...
    PJ is creating an atmosphere where the same fans are getting the best tickets over and over again, so for many of these fans, it's a casual experience  like going to the local pub (for both cost and repetition).

Tool  doesn't privatize the majority of their above average seats. When fans have to pay market value to be close, they are there for the show, not to chit chat or take video. Some do, but it's very limited.

Tool creates an immersive concert experience and does not have byzantine ticket rules that exclude the majority of fans from a chance at it's best seats.

Please never compare PJ to Tool. 

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    ceska said:
    I have amazing seats at Fenway and am going to be bummed if I can't bring a point-and-shoot camera. Hopefully they get this sorted out quickly.
    I hope so too, want/hope to be able to bring in my P&S camera
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • KS1695KS1695 Posts: 30
    Night 2 was amazing, as far as the setlist and band, but why did the aisle between sections M and N on the floor turn into a GA pit? I had an aisle seat and am more bruised up than my days in GA. The security people had noooo control and kept trying to clear the aisle for safety reasons just to have it fill up 30 seconds later and after a few tries they just gave up.  I didn't put in for GA for a reason and it was kind of a bummer because I was so excited to have amazing seats, which I am truly grateful for, but I ended up not being able to see much of the night.  And ok, yes, I realize I sound like a grumpy old person LOL.