Wow, worst entrance to any show.

13»

Comments

• KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    cutz said:
    After scanning your Mobile tickets, did you get a printed paper/ticket with your seat info?
    No, but if you were on the floor you got this wristband. GA wristband was orange and looked alittle different. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    After scanning your Mobile tickets, did you get a printed paper/ticket with your seat info?
    No
    t

Thanks,

But, i don't understand why they don't do that. Have to show your phone on your way to your seat. 

I wonder if every Stadium will do this? I've only been to one show where i had a Mobile ticket and was given a printed paper/ticket. 
    Doing that would take more time and just seems like a waste of paper, doesn't it? Why would the value in printing tickets out when you're scanned be, from their perspective?
    I  didn't know  they gave you  a printed ticket  at the Venue when i had my Mobile ticket scanned, and before i walked through the turnstile the guy handed me a printed ticket with all of  my seat location. It printed in a snap.
  • I showed up at 5:45. Got merch (45) minutes or so then went to go down on the field and was turned around to get a wristband. The table was easy to find. It was really not that bad. My wife and I had no problems. She did have a small purse that was apparently still too big. My advice with checking a bag is ho to the table to the right pay $10 and get a white band. The line was much shorter for the white wristband to reclaim belongings. 
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Why spend all the: time, effort, money and not get to the stadium at least 2-3 hours early? You snooze you lose.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    No
    t

Thanks,

But, i don't understand why they don't do that. Have to show your phone on your way to your seat. 

I wonder if every Stadium will do this? I've only been to one show where i had a Mobile ticket and was given a printed paper/ticket. 
    Doing that would take more time and just seems like a waste of paper, doesn't it? Why would the value in printing tickets out when you're scanned be, from their perspective?
    I  didn't know  they gave you  a printed ticket  at the Venue when i had my Mobile ticket scanned, and before i walked through the turnstile the guy handed me a printed ticket with all of  my seat location. It printed in a snap.
    it just prints on thermal paper....pops out like a grocery receipt
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    No
    t

Thanks,

Eaxctly

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    No
    t

Thanks,

Eaxctly

Yeah, I've seen it done too. I just don't see the point. Why waste the paper when you don't have to?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Entered through gate to left of Griffey statue, waited 5 mins in line at 6:20.  Had to go get wristband, but otherwise was a breeze.  The new ticketing system is actually pretty great.
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    No
    t

Thanks,

Eaxctly

Yeah, I've seen it done too. I just don't see the point. Why waste the paper when you don't have to?
    Recycle>LOL

But me? I would keep it with all of my hard ticket stubs from the concerts i've been to. Yeah, i'm one of those that collects ther concert ticket stubs.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    No
    t

Thanks,

Eaxctly

Recycle>LOL

But me? I would keep it with all of my hard ticket stubs from the concerts i've been to. Yeah, i'm one of those that collects ther concert ticket stubs.
    I keep all my stubs too, but not little bits of thermal paper. Just real hard tickets. I guess I'm a ticket snob. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    No
    t

Thanks,

Eaxctly

Recycle>LOL

I keep all my stubs too, but not little bits of thermal paper. Just real hard tickets. I guess I'm a ticket snob. :lol:
    HAHA>Ticket snob>so am i.

I had no choice but to keep thermal ticket paper. The OCD in me would not let me throw that out. Better then nothing, i guess.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    No
    t

Thanks,

Eaxctly

Recycle>LOL

HAHA>Ticket snob>so am i.

I had no choice but to keep thermal ticket paper. The OCD in me would not let me throw that out. Better then nothing, i guess.
    Because thermal paper loses print over time (no matter whether in light or not) you may want to make a back up copy on traditional paper. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • WSUFreakWSUFreak Posts: 122
    PJ_Soul said:
    dsvelund said:
    mr bungle said:
    Not U2 Vancouver level... but really bad.

what gate and what time was this??  I Breezed through the right field gate at about 5:45, literally no wait. Tickets scanned no problem, wristband no problem.  Just curious
    This was around 715 or so. And it was like this at every gate- I think this one was Center Field, but I could be mistaken.

Things were dicey. Nobody was moving. We stumbled into the right 'clump' that got funnelled into the rails. There were a lot of people getting no anxious.
    This pic is good representation of what I saw at 7:30p. Walked around pretty much the whole stadium and it looked like a mess. We ended up going into the right field entrance (per tickets) and there was a shorter line seemingly just for GA. That took maybe 10 minutes and I scanned all three tickets right from Apple Wallet and they did not ask for ID and they gave us all wristbands right there. I've been to a ton of shows (though none at a ballpark) and this was the worst line situation I've seen. I was not at the U2 Vancouver show. As several others have said, most all of this can be avoided by arriving earlier. 
    Ha, maybe it's by design. Get people to show up 3 hours early so they can spend their evening leading up to show time buying their $8 beers and $25 concession meals. ;)
    *12.50 beers 
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    No
    t

Thanks,

Eaxctly

Yeah, and those thermal paper print outs fade to almost nothing after about a year.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    I laughed at the 10c email how the show was STARTING AT 7:30 this time and blaming the delay on the crowds. It wouldnt have mattered if everybody was in the stadium at 7, the techs were still setting up the stage at 8:15 lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    KW6232 said:
    cutz said:
    No, but if you were on the floor you got this wristband. GA wristband was orange and looked alittle different. 
    Night 2 ga wristband sucked, just blue, didnt say anything about PJ or home shows on it.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    couldn't be as bad as this entrance, could it?
    Image result for the shockmaster gif
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly