Posters - Selling out in minutes?

Hey all, so I never really got the poster obsession as I spent all my cash on PJ vinyl. But I bought one poster, then two, then three. Now I think I am (was) starting to get hocked.
So I thought I would try and get a couple from the current tour. BUT...... why is it a lot of the current posters are selling out in minutes. I was super keen on the Padova (and Rome) poster but seems it was up overnight (NZ time) and was gone in seconds.
But then there are still older posters on the PJ site for sale. Can someone explain the reasons for this? Is it solely a supply and demand thing or is there a chance they may come on sale again. Or will they stay as a collectors item. 
Starting to go off the idea of starting a collection as hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a single poster on ebay is not really that appealing. 
Tagged:

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    It’s a supply and demand situation.  And when you combine a great poster, or a popular artist, or an epic show with a very limited supply you end up with a quick sell out. 

The posters that have sold out on the ten club site this week are unlikely to be offered for sale here again.  Other than in the mystery sales they sometimes hold but what you end up with is random. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Thanks, thought this maybe the case.

Think I'll stick to vinyl and its way cheaper and just buy a Benaroya Hall or two on vinyl.
  • CQ106627CQ106627 Posts: 11
    The Padova poster was already up and sold on the ten club?  What?  I have been refreshing every 25 seconds today.  WTF.  Brutal. 
  • slabahn13slabahn13 Chicago Posts: 44
    CQ106627 said:
    The Padova poster was already up and sold on the ten club?  What?  I have been refreshing every 25 seconds today.  WTF.  Brutal. 
    It dropped on Tuesday. 
  • slabahn13 said:
    CQ106627 said:
    It dropped on Tuesday. 
    I'm gutted I missed it too. Was one that I was really hoping I would get. Oh well. At least there was a Vault release today!!!!!!!!!