Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    E.K said:
    ^ What crap.. it's just speculation by the writer .. Why would PJ come here just to do a one off festival in Byron Bay at the end of July?

That festival is actually not far from where I live ...  Have never been though at it's really difficult to get tickets and mostly a young crowd. 

Pffft

I agree! Obviously there's a little buzz regarding some action though... Splendour rumours do kick around, and can sometimes be well founded. And they wouldn't limit it to one show, but in this case I tend to agree there's some creative licence being applied here. But I'm an optimist :) 
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Lukin_oz said:
    E.K said:
    ^ What crap.. it's just speculation by the writer .. Why would PJ come here just to do a one off festival in Byron Bay at the end of July?

That festival is actually not far from where I live ...  Have never been though at it's really difficult to get tickets and mostly a young crowd. 

Pffft

I agree! Obviously there's a little buzz regarding some action though... Splendour rumours do kick around, and can sometimes be well founded. And they wouldn't limit it to one show, but in this case I tend to agree there's some creative licence being applied here. But I'm an optimist :) 
    Also, Pearl Jam never come here in our Winter.. it's always early or late in the year so they can enjoy our Summer.
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Not listed on the Splendour lineup (no surprise)
    Here's hoping for an early 2019 tour announcement soon....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
    redraw said:
    Not listed on the Splendour lineup (no surprise)
    Here's hoping for an early 2019 tour announcement soon....
    Just saw the lineup announcement.  Eddie's mate Ben Harper is on there.  Ben plays either Splendour or Bluesfest every couple of years.  I think he has a place in Byron. 
    ffs Could you please announce an Australia tour before I'm ready for the old folks' home. 

Speaking of Ben Harper.. Ben and Jack Johnson are on the lineup for Byron Bay Bluesfest's Big 30th Anniversary next year.  I think Ed solo would be perfect for this. 

• ND260106ND260106 Posts: 101
    Based on what Jeff Ament said last week that the album is only half done. This means a new album tour is further away. 
    PJ
    2006 - Melbourne - Nov. 16
    2009 - Melbourne - Nov. 20
    2013 - LA Nov. 24 / Oakland - Nov. 26 / Portland Nov. 29 / Vancouver Dec. 4
    2014 - Melbourne - Jan. 24
    2018 - Boston - Sep. 2 / Boston Sep. 4
    EV
    2011 - Melbourne - Mar. 24
    2014 - Melbourne - Feb. 16 / Melbourne - Feb. 18
    TOTD
    2016 - Seattle - Nov. 21 / Seattle Nov. 22
  • i heard that  a march tour is  likely. not sure if this is legit or people talking shit. i ask this person to elaborate but they never replied...
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    E.K said:
    ffs Could you please announce an Australia tour before I'm ready for the old folks' home. 

Speaking of Ben Harper.. Ben and Jack Johnson are on the lineup for Byron Bay Bluesfest's Big 30th Anniversary next year.  I think Ed solo would be perfect for this. 

This would be freaking AMAZING!! !
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Live Nation AU/NZ just posted this on their FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/153812504632274/posts/2222253201121517/
    Live Nation AU/NZ just posted this on their FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/153812504632274/posts/2222253201121517/

Doesn't mean they are touring here though.. 

• PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    Cmon 2019 tour!
    PKNZ said:
    Cmon 2019 tour!
    Agree.  Next month it will be 5 years since they played in Australia.  

COME ON DOWN PJ!
  • doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    Like echooooooes that nobody heaaaaars.....

doompony said:
    Like echooooooes that nobody heaaaaars.....

Yup.  Next month it will be 5 whole years since they've been here.  :s  :o
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    What are everyone's plans for their 10C membership? Don't think I can justify $50 for analog as it appears to exist now. Don't think I want to pay even $20 for the digital offering.

Assuming they'll come and play stadiums here (eventually?) are the ticket benefits worth it? Not sure, because tickets are pretty easy to get here and you end up paying more through 10C. Early entry is nice, if offered. Dedicated GA section would be better. I've given up on using my seniority for seating.

Just not sure NZD$30 each year they're not coming here is worth it and won't really get a chance to travel to see them.

It's sad.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I'd say I'll keep my membership going until they end the band, whenever that is. I'm younger than them, so the natural order of things would suggest that I'll still be on this earth when they draw to a close (touch wood).
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Have they confirmed what the membership price will be, if it will change? Basically though, the only added benefit to analog for us, with GA shows, will be the tee, yes? Guess I'll drop to digital membership, if anything at all, & just purchase the tee if I like it. I think they'll lose members.

Happy new year all. Here's hoping for a down under tour next summer.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    morello said:
    Have they confirmed what the membership price will be, if it will change? Basically though, the only added benefit to analog for us, with GA shows, will be the tee, yes? Guess I'll drop to digital membership, if anything at all, & just purchase the tee if I like it. I think they'll lose members.

Happy new year all. Here's hoping for a down under tour next summer.
    Nothing's confirmed other than dropping the single. I would be disappointed, but not that surprised, if nothing else changes. Just don't know if I can justify even digital, but don't want to lose my number because one day it might matter!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Most venues have had a dedicated Ten Club GA section upfront so that I why I would keep the membership.   Unless you are confident you can find an extra from someone else.
    That's never been the case in NZ, has it in Australia? Maybe next time, but I doubt it.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    bazzer said:
    That's never been the case in NZ, has it in Australia? Maybe next time, but I doubt it.
    I am not sure if they have toured Australia since the change to GA in 2013.  I know they did festivals in 2014 there but not their own shows.
    bazzer said:
    I am not sure if they have toured Australia since the change to GA in 2013.  I know they did festivals in 2014 there but not their own shows.
    We had GA stadiums in 2009 and there was no 10C section. In fact, Pearl Jam have always played GA in NZ (thanks mostly to an 11 year hiatus I suspect!)
    bazzer said:
    bazzer said:
    We had GA stadiums in 2009 and there was no 10C section. In fact, Pearl Jam have always played GA in NZ (thanks mostly to an 11 year hiatus I suspect!)
    There was a GA section at Mt Smart wasn't there? Or early entry at least. I was up in the stands but I remember doompony being there all day, being #4 & on the rail.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    edited January 2019
    morello said:
    bazzer said:
    bazzer said:
    There was a GA section at Mt Smart wasn't there? Or early entry at least. I was up in the stands but I remember doompony being there all day, being #4 & on the rail.
    Yep, early entry is not nearly as good as dedicated section, imo. It got really tight for some of the show (listen to the boot). I got mean bruises on my hips from the rail. 😁
    When they toured Australia in 2009 the only benefit from being a Ten Club member was a special meeting spot for 10 club members where you got a wristband and were able to go through the gate a bit earlier than everyone else.  But once you got to the GA section you still had to fight for a good spot along with everyone else.  If they don't announce a tour here by the end of November (when my membership is up for renewal) I will be cancelling it when it's due.  I am only a digital member but noticed on my bank statement that $27 AU deducted.  $27 for basically just being able to post on this forum.  
    Yeah I'd like more info please! Does analog even exist. I think I already switched to digital when they sent that email about the vinyl but... Eh. I hardly ever lost here and the tshirt is endured more than anything. I can't edit this to make sense because the website sucks on an iPad...
    I have such a good membership number too... 
    I converted to digital after the no more vinyl announcement. I figure if I like the t-shirt & think I'll ever wear it I can just buy that separately.

Very ironic that the year they get rid of the Ten Club vinyl they are announced as Record Store Day Ambassadors.
    <hr>
    Record store day means nothing to me... None left to go.
  • so looks like this has turned into a rsd / membership discussion. to get things back on topic looks like a tour this year is unlikely, anyone still have hope for jan/feb next year?