Video captures terrifying fall as girl pushed from 60-foot bridge in Washington state

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
Video captures terrifying fall as girl pushed from 60-foot bridge in Washington state

https://globalnews.ca/news/4379816/video-terrifying-fall-girl-pushed-bridge-washington-state/

With friends like this, who needs enemies...
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    wtf?  

I didnt see it mentioned in the article...maybe I missed it.  Are they pressing charges?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I looked for the same info - I haven't seen if there will be charges or not.
    I'd definitely ask for them to press charges if I were that girl though, no matter what their relationship is. Holy shit, what a stupid asshole.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I didn't see anything about charges?  She suffered 5 broken ribs (a buddy of mine had 3 broken ribs and slept in a recliner for 2 weeks) and a collapsed lung...poor young lady, she could have easily died...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Moronic.

A bonafide 100% idiot with a latent cruel side displaying itself.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited August 2018
    Moronic.

A bonafide 100% idiot with a latent cruel side displaying itself.
    I know you are ton crime... is this assault.  I think it is.  That girl could easily have died...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Stupid all around.  Why was the girl standing in the other side of the rail in the first place.  The guy who shoved her was definitely wrong and should be charged as an adult, the the girl was also in the wrong. Even a planned jump into water at 60 feet is not safe.  That's about twice the height of a high dive board.  The kid was chancing getting a Darwin Award. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Stupid all around.  Why was the girl standing in the other side of the rail in the first place.  The guy who shoved her was definitely wrong and should be charged as an adult, the the girl was also in the wrong. Even a planned jump into water at 60 feet is not safe.  That's about twice the height of a high dive board.  The kid was chancing getting a Darwin Award. 
    I agree ... but at one point the girl said no ... indicating to me common sense was setting in.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Kids are completly clueless they irk me , specially at that age level you can't talk to them they know it all ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited August 2018
    brianlux said:
    I agree ... but at one point the girl said no ... indicating to me common sense was setting in.
    True, perhaps, but just putting herself in that position indicates a serious lack of common sense.  I've jumped from about 40 feet (about 12.2 meters) into water.  Even that was foolish.  It was scary, and the impact was hard.  Add 50% more distance to that and you asking for trouble.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux said:
    I think the 'guy' that pushed her was a 'girl'.

I know why you made the mistake: it typically is some idiot guy doing something stupid like this and she flashed briefly in and out of the video screen with only her burly arm.

I'm curious to know what the people on the bridge did afterwards? It would take a lot not to do anything. I'd have been really tempted to put her in a headlock and give her a wedgie.

Dumb. Just dumb.
    brianlux said:

I know why you made the mistake: it typically is some idiot guy doing something stupid like this and she flashed briefly in and out of the video screen with only her burly arm.

I'm curious to know what the people on the bridge did afterwards? It would take a lot not to do anything. I'd have been really tempted to put her in a headlock and give her a wedgie.

Dumb. Just dumb.
    I hope the kids reacted strongly.  If not, I would find this disturbing the way I found the Marcy Renee Conrad killing in 1981-  the killing the disturbing movie River's Edge was based on. 

There was big concern when this came out  that teens were beginning to develop a lack of moral boundaries.  One year when I was subbing a high school gym class (not my thing but I needed any job I could get) I was reffing a basketball game and an errant pass caught me in the eye and I went down hard.  Not one kid stopped to see if I was OK (I was not, I had a scratched cornea).  They just kept playing like I wasn't there. 

• brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Dumb. Just dumb.
    I hope the kids reacted strongly.  If not, I would find this disturbing the way I found the Marcy Renee Conrad killing in 1981-  the killing the disturbing movie River's Edge was based on. 

There was big concern when this came out  that teens were beginning to develop a lack of moral boundaries.  One year when I was subbing a high school gym class (not my thing but I needed any job I could get) I was reffing a basketball game and an errant pass caught me in the eye and I went down hard.  Not one kid stopped to see if I was OK (I was not, I had a scratched cornea).  They just kept playing like I wasn't there. 
    Wow
    edited August 2018
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    True, perhaps, but just putting herself in that position indicates a serious lack of common sense.  I've jumped from about 40 feet (about 12.2 meters) into water.  Even that was foolish.  It was scary, and the impact was hard.  Add 50% more distance to that and you asking for trouble.
    I don't care if someone decides they want to jump into water from a tall height. That is their choice to make, and a lot of people do it for fun. Cliff jumping is an age old form of entertainment for many, and this is no different. I don't think there is any blame whatsoever to be laying on the girl in this case. She was thinking about trying it, but decided against it because it's scary (I'd chicken out too!). Then an idiot came along and shoved her off against her will and when she wasn't expecting it, which caused her to belly flop when she landed because she wasn't prepared, and that is why she got injured. Other people were jumping and were just fine because they were prepared for it and hit the water in the proper position. This is ALL on him, not her. There's no reason to victim shame in this case IMO. (Thirty, you think it was a girl who pushed? The article I read about it actually said it was a guy...)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I don't care if someone decides they want to jump from a bridge into water at all. That is their choice to make, and a lot of people do it for fun. Cliff jumping is an age old form of entertainment for many, and this is no different. I don't think there is any blame whatsoever to be laying on the girl in this case. She was thinking about trying it, but decided against it. Then an idiot came along and shoved her off against her will, which caused her to belly flop when she landed, because she wasn't prepared, and that is why she got injured. That is ALL on him, not her.
    Again... this was not a 'him'. It was a 'her' that pushed this girl.

And I agree with you: all blame for this lies directly in the pusher. It isn't super wise to attempt these jumps and someone might not be able to understand this until they face the moment (finally seeing the situation for what it is).

Stepping out on to the platform is one thing. Making the decision to jump is another.
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I don't care if someone decides they want to jump from a bridge into water at all. That is their choice to make, and a lot of people do it for fun. Cliff jumping is an age old form of entertainment for many, and this is no different. I don't think there is any blame whatsoever to be laying on the girl in this case. She was thinking about trying it, but decided against it. Then an idiot came along and shoved her off against her will, which caused her to belly flop when she landed, because she wasn't prepared, and that is why she got injured. That is ALL on him, not her.

And I agree with you: all blame for this lies directly in the pusher. It isn't super wise to attempt these jumps and someone might not be able to understand this until they face the moment (finally seeing the situation for what it is).

Stepping out on to the platform is one thing. Making the decision to jump is another.
    Yeah, I edited my post to ask you about that. I actually read an article yesterday that specifically said it was a guy. That's changed?

PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I don't care if someone decides they want to jump into water from a tall height. That is their choice to make, and a lot of people do it for fun. Cliff jumping is an age old form of entertainment for many, and this is no different. I don't think there is any blame whatsoever to be laying on the girl in this case. She was thinking about trying it, but decided against it because it's scary (I'd chicken out too!). Then an idiot came along and shoved her off against her will and when she wasn't expecting it, which caused her to belly flop when she landed because she wasn't prepared, and that is why she got injured. Other people were jumping and were just fine because they were prepared for it and hit the water in the proper position. This is ALL on him, not her. There's no reason to victim shame in this case IMO. (Thirty, you think it was a girl who pushed? The article I read about it actually said it was a guy...)
    I'm arguing that she was partially to blame the way a parent would.  I've never been a parent but I like kids and I have a soft spot for teens- what a tough time of life!  So yeah, I would hit her with some tough love because I dodn't like seeing kids get hurt.  I would chew her ass out and then tell her that's because I care, because I want her to learn some good decision making skills and because I don't want her to get hurt.

• PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Yeah, I edited my post to ask you about that. I actually read an article yesterday that specifically said it was a guy. That's changed?

I watched the video and they spoke about a girl who was regretting pushing her.

Maybe I'm on glue?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I watched the video and they spoke about a girl who was regretting pushing her.

Maybe I'm on glue?
    I saw her interviewed on our local news and it was a female friend of hers. The police are currently investigating it as a crime. I hope they actually do charge the person who pushed her with some sort of assault or reckless endangerment charge. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Wtf is wrong with people?
    The girl who pushed her off the bridge should be charged.

brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm arguing that she was partially to blame the way a parent would.  I've never been a parent but I like kids and I have a soft spot for teens- what a tough time of life!  So yeah, I would hit her with some tough love because I dodn't like seeing kids get hurt.  I would chew her ass out and then tell her that's because I care, because I want her to learn some good decision making skills and because I don't want her to get hurt.
    I think she's suffered enough, lol. I seriously doubt being chewed out by her parents would be helpful at all, especially since it wasn't her fault. I mean, it wasn't her decision making that lead to her being injured. Someone pushed her off a bridge.
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I think she's suffered enough, lol. I seriously doubt being chewed out by her parents would be helpful at all, especially since it wasn't her fault. I mean, it wasn't her decision making that lead to her being injured. Someone pushed her off a bridge.
    Good cop/ bad cop, lol.  OK, I'll give her a break this time.  But if I catch her messing around on that bridge again, I'm gonna be the one to throw her off!  :lol:

And you have to know, I was such a good kid.  Never took risks, never did anything stupid or wrong. Never did any harm.

What?  The time I threw an M-80 into a water meter?  Science project!

What?  The time Mark and Mike and I tried to buy cigarettes under age?  Stealth training!

Or the time we turned a piece of pipe and some gun powder into a shot gun and used it to embed a plywood board with nails and glass?  Modern art project!

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

Perhaps it was just a Season 8 re-shoot?
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517