Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Wobbie said:
    GA > PJ
    I think I agree.  Unfortunately neither band seems interested in making any new music anymore...
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    they put on a phenomenal show, but am I the only one that raises an eyebrow with Brian's chat between songs?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Gibson said:
    they put on a phenomenal show, but am I the only one that raises an eyebrow with Brian's chat between songs?
    Nope. I’m not someone who usually minds that. Actually I hate when the band literally says nothing the whole show. And I always love Ed’s chatter and Ryan Adams ramblings.

Brian’s is painful at times and way too much. 
    The problem is there is a whole faction of the fan base that LOVES it and thinks everything he says is hilarious. At times he can be but more often then not it’s a little cringe worthy

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Have 2 huge presentations at work next Monday and Wednesday followed by the Philly show Wednesday and a couple well earned (hopefully assuming everything goes well) days off.

Really excited to see these guys.
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Gibson said:
    Nope. I’m not someone who usually minds that. Actually I hate when the band literally says nothing the whole show. And I always love Ed’s chatter and Ryan Adams ramblings.

The problem is there is a whole faction of the fan base that LOVES it and thinks everything he says is hilarious. At times he can be but more often then not it’s a little cringe worthy

I think it’s no worse than some of Ed’s political rants.  See DC 2008 show.  Awful rants.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Wobbie said:
    GA > PJ
    Crazy talk
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Of the times ive seen GA, he really didnt overly chat in between songs. Maybe two or three times he addressed the crowd each time.  Never seen a solo gig tho
    edited August 2018
    Of the times ive seen GA, he really didnt overly chat in between songs. Maybe two or three times he addressed the crowd each time.  Never seen a solo gig tho
    Definitely more talking at solo gigs 

I’ll clarify though it never ruins the show. Band or solo the shows are always great. Always.
    Such an awesome show last night in Chicago.  The crowd was awesome....great time.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    Gibson said:

They should have edited out the banter on the live Horrible Crowes record.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    Heard chatter the merch at these shows is cash only. Anybody been and know if that's true?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
    Heard chatter the merch at these shows is cash only. Anybody been and know if that's true?
    Not sure if it’s all but seems like at least most

Also for those going to the NJ shows there will be a pop up shop at the Asbury Yacht Club with exclusive stuff and some old things apparently 

Ugh. I don't want to have to go figure out cash. Such a 2018 problem, I know.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    If anyone can grab me a poster id be very grateful!  Missed the sale last week. 

Once again if anyone can grab me one id reallllly appreciate it
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    I was at the second Toronto show. It was good, and the '59 Sound portion was fantastic, but the show didn't hit the same highs as the other times I've seen them (or the lows, for that matter...it was basically a straight-7/10). I really hope they're reinvigorated after all this, because the world needs new Gaslight more than it needs Gaslight touring a ten-year-old record, no matter how awesome.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    It was in Toronto, yeah.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
    Is there an opener? What time has TGA been hitting the stage?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Yes, yes, what time have they been hitting the stage?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Such an awesome show last night in Chicago.  The crowd was awesome....great time.
    I thought it was great. had 3rd row on Alex R's side.

ended up hanging out for a bit outside the venue and met benny and both alex's.

brian got the fuck out of there really fast. there was a group of maybe 15 of us hanging out talking about the show and ian walked out and held a case of water bottles up over his head and acted like he didn't see us. the other three were very gracious. they took pics with everyone and signed things for everyone. they signed my 59 sound sessions LP i bought at the show. they hung out for probably 30 min and everyone got to talk to them. i talked with alex r about his setup and amps and pedals. alex l's wife is an orthpedic surgery nurse and i work with an orthopedic surgeon so we talked about that. both of them were very knowledgable baseball fans. they knew i am from st louis and they knew more about their team this year than i did. benny was mainly concerned about leaving his edibles inside the venue, haha...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    NWOntario said:
    I was at the second Toronto show. It was good, and the '59 Sound portion was fantastic, but the show didn't hit the same highs as the other times I've seen them (or the lows, for that matter...it was basically a straight-7/10). I really hope they're reinvigorated after all this, because the world needs new Gaslight more than it needs Gaslight touring a ten-year-old record, no matter how awesome.

Unfortunately I don't see them making new music anytime soon.  In every interview that Brian does he keeps saying that there aren't any plans for the future.  With the crazy crowds and response they have been getting on this tour, it's amazing to me that they wouldn't want to keep doing this.  But who knows what the dynamics of this band actually are...
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    For the show at the Stone Pony what's the parking situation?  Does the venue have a lot or is it on street parking.  Thanks
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bought a ticket for $25 on stubhub for tonight's show in philly.  Although now i'm seeing tix for as low as $17.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited August 2018
    EB218946 said:
    For the show at the Stone Pony what's the parking situation?  Does the venue have a lot or is it on street parking.  Thanks
    There’s both but don’t count on getting street parking. Street parking is metered but you can make it work if your lucky. There is a parking App.

Also there are ton of street spots you need a town permit for so make sure. I’d be mindful of the street you’re parking on if you get it. Close to the venue is good of course, some streets a few blocks away are not. Trust me you will know. 

The lots are nearby but do fill up and I think are around $25.

set times are

5 doors

6 Jared Hart

645 Dave Hause & The Mermaid

8 Gaslight

Keep that in mind if your not used to weekend shore traffic. Especially on a Friday 

I’d also suggest just going in. Beers are reasonable and it’s pretty chill. Explore the rest of AP after if you can, especially upper Cookman Ave, the Lanes, and the Asbury Hotel bars (and of course Clinch’s gallery)

Gaslight on at 8 tonight too? I'm at a dead ass stop in traffic trying to get into Philly.
    I don’t know about tonight. The outside Pony shows usually start a bit early because they are in the middle of the neighborhood 
    Ugh. Trying to decide if I've got time to dump my car at my hotel or go straight to the venue and deal with parking.
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    EB218946 said:
    There’s both but don’t count on getting street parking. Street parking is metered but you can make it work if your lucky. There is a parking App.

Also there are ton of street spots you need a town permit for so make sure. I’d be mindful of the street you’re parking on if you get it. Close to the venue is good of course, some streets a few blocks away are not. Trust me you will know. 

set times are

5 doors

6 Jared Hart

8 Gaslight

Keep that in mind if your not used to weekend shore traffic. Especially on a Friday 

I’d also suggest just going in. Beers are reasonable and it’s pretty chill. Explore the rest of AP after if you can, especially upper Cookman Ave, the Lanes, and the Asbury Hotel bars (and of course Clinch’s gallery)

Thanks so much for this information.  Much appreciated.  First time going to Asbury Park.
    EB218946 said:
    EB218946 said:

set times are

5 doors

6 Jared Hart

8 Gaslight

Thanks so much for this information.  Much appreciated.  First time going to Asbury Park.
    All good. Asbury rules. Can’t wait for Friday and then off to Chicago Saturday AM

Still annoyed this wound up the same weekend as wrigley because I’d be at all 3

Also both Alex’s are hosting a post show after party at House or Independents