*** Seattle, WA Fanviews Here 8/8/18 ***

Comments

• If you think this show sucks
    you’ve seen PJ too many times
    there are die hard fans out there who never got the chance to see them
    and you complain for 3hr show??!!
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Wow!  I can't thank the 10C enough.  25 years of consecutive 10C membership sure pays off in terms of seat location.  What a show!  I can't enjoy GA with all the standing and shoving so I got reserved seating.  Floor M row 7 on the aisle.  Wound up 4 rows behind Dave Krusen on one side of us, Jill V four rows up on the other side.  Bronson Arroyo a couple rows over.  Iron Chef Michael Forgione three rows over as well.  Kim Thayill walking by all the time.  And a pile of the coolest fuckers all around having a great time with none of the usual drunken dramas you tend to see.  My guest turned out to be old friends of Jill's guests so when Jill went backstage for a while we went and said hi to her friends.  I wound up spending half the show in Jill's seat until she returned.   Such a great show.  Loved all the covers, especially We Are Going to be Friends with Ed's girls and their teachers.  The band were in great spirits and seemed to be having a blast.  There is something different and special about seeing the band in my hometown and theirs.  Thank you thank you.
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Wow!  I can't thank the 10C enough.  25 years of consecutive 10C membership sure pays off in terms of seat location.  What a show!  I can't enjoy GA with all the standing and shoving so I got reserved seating.  Floor M row 7 on the aisle.  Wound up 4 rows behind Dave Krusen on one side of us, Jill V four rows up on the other side.  Bronson Arroyo a couple rows over.  Iron Chef Michael Forgione three rows over as well.  Kim Thayill walking by all the time.  And a pile of the coolest fuckers all around having a great time with none of the usual drunken dramas you tend to see.  My guest turned out to be old friends of Jill's guests so when Jill went backstage for a while we went and said hi to her friends.  I wound up spending half the show in Jill's seat until she returned.   Such a great show.  Loved all the covers, especially We Are Going to be Friends with Ed's girls and their teachers.  The band were in great spirits and seemed to be having a blast.  There is something different and special about seeing the band in my hometown and theirs.  Thank you thank you.
    nice!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    If you think this show sucks
    1,000,000% accurate. 

It was my 22nd show, got to see them across the country from where I live (Philly-area), and diagonally across the country from where I grew up and saw my first show in ‘96 (Ft. Lauderdale Baseball stadium - full circle on the stadium shows for me!). And on my 10th wedding anniversary to my husband, no less. A husband I initially met right here on this message forum in 2003!!
    This was truly the most perfect way to celebrate our milestone anniversary! I love this band! 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    If you think this show sucks
    1,000,000% accurate. 

It was my 22nd show, got to see them across the country from where I live (Philly-area), and diagonally across the country from where I grew up and saw my first show in ‘96 (Ft. Lauderdale Baseball stadium - full circle on the stadium shows for me!). And on my 10th wedding anniversary to my husband, no less. A husband I initially met right here on this message forum in 2003!!
    This was truly the most perfect way to celebrate our milestone anniversary! I love this band! 
    I met my wife (dyaogirl) on this message forum in 2003! (We married in 2015.) This was our first PJ show together. Happy anniversary to you!
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    kruesch said:
    i've never posted here, but felt i had to, cause y'all some spoiled ass mother fuckers.   nit picking that the show was no good because you didn't hear a song you've never heard before.   when you are actually at a show, and better man comes on, it's awesome.   the crowd loves it.  the energy is great.   looking at it on paper, you breeze past it.  but who gives a shit about the setlist.   just enjoy the show for what you get, not complaining about what you didn't 
    Great first post!  Agreed!
    Well done!
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • hipfan1hipfan1 Posts: 37
    Last night was my 5th PJ show, first time in GA. I was a about 5 people behind the rail, right in from of Mike. It was an excellent spot and it was great to finally see the band up close. I thought the show was good overall, and I really enjoyed hearing Release, Yesterdays, and Help Help for the first time. Corduroy, Low Light and Rearviewmirror were also standouts for me.

I will admit that I was a bit disappointed in the lack of of songs from Avacado and No Code, and I hope they cut down on the covers on Friday (although I'm not expecting it). I'd love to hear a couple of the following: the full version of Life Wasted, Unemployable, Army Reserve, Hail Hail, Red Mosquito, Habit. I also couldn't hear Stone's guitar very well at all, it seemed to be totally buried from where I stood. I'm curious to hear how things sound tomorrow from my reserved seats. 

All in all it was a good show, and I thought it was pretty cool how many kids were hanging out on the side of the stage. Made it feel like a family outing for the band, or something like that. They sure seemed to be having a lot of fun!
  • dh27dh27 Posts: 4
    Just wanted to jump in here for a bit of perspective... I flew from the other side of the world for these shows - seeing the band in their home town was a bucket list trip for me. I’ve seen them play most of those songs before, and a lot of the covers. I get why people didn’t like it, and won’t neg on those that feel that way.

But I had an absolute blast. They sounded better than they have in years. Everyone was in great spirits. There was a great mix of fan favourites and tunes for the diehards. When you come home after a long time away - you want to party with your friends - that’s the vibe I took away from the show and loved it. Still the greatest band in the world!
  • PN3987PN3987 Portland, OR Posts: 34
    Lots of love for Singles with Breath and State of Love & Trust being played.  I wore my Citizen Dick shirt. I also really love Let Me Sleep.   One of my very first RCKNDY shows they passed out the Christmas Single for free after the show which had Led Me Sleep.  I heard on five hundred were made.    
  • Thanks to Pearl Jam for a fulfilling evening. I haven't had that much fun in years. Loved the show. Hope to come again soon.
    Dirah
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I hope one day to see them in Seattle. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    My 10th show and it did not disappoint! Long Road and then Release (shed a tear) to start was beautiful. Breath was crushing. RVM had me going the craziest though, I had only heard it once at my 1st 9 shows. Didn't notice how many covers they played nor did I care, I was watching my favorite band play in their home town with my wife and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I have no voice and every muscle hurts, and it was so worth it. I love this band, I cannot wait for Friday night!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Pearl Jam. 
    In Seattle. 
    On a Friday. 

prepare to be barfed on. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• theboywiltheboywil Seattle Posts: 59
    Such a great night, I danced like an idiot for three hours, so happy to have aisle seats for this show, but looking forward to GA for the next two :-).

When RITFW fired up I thought they had cut the set short by how quickly the show went by, but looking at the stage times I realize it was just enjoying that flying feeling of time passing quickly.  One great song after another.

I happened to like the covers they played (even if I used one of them as good time to visit the bathroom :-) )

Well we've been a good few hours drinking
    So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
    If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
    Then we might as well have a parade
  • Agree with kruesch. One of the many things I love about the band is that they aren't robotically playing all the expected "hits" I loved the surprises of hearing something unexpected as much as I was thrilled to hear them play B side songs and ones from 10, etc.  I love hearing them play songs (other than their own) that mean something to them, or that they want to have mean something to us in the context of the overall show. And isn't being surprised an important part of any live performance experience? They sounded amazing, the energy was f'ing awesome, my friend and I had a blast, and I was just so happy and grateful to be there, especially because it's so hard to get tickets and I just happened to get lucky this time, that I wouldnt have cared if they did 10 covers of nursery rhymes--it's f'ing Pearl Jam. Live. In Seattle. Next time, give your ticket away to someone who will appreciate it if you don't!
  • saurighisaurighi Posts: 69
    Amazing show!

I also felt the covers were probably 1 too many, but I loved We are going to be friends, Help and Comfortably numb where Mike was simply superlative!
    So I actually loved the covers

I loved the whole show!
    Incredible seeing them in Seattle!
    And Friday again! 
    13/11/96 Milan - 16/06/14 Amsterdam - 25/11/15 Bogota - 29/05/17 EV Amsterdam - 21/03/18 Rio de Janeiro - 12/06/18 Amsterdam - 13/06/18 Amsterdam - 18/06/18 London - 24/06/18 Padova - 05/07/18 Berlin (AMAZING) - 08/08/18 Seattle - 10/08/18 Seattle (Spectacular) - 09/06/19 EV Amsterdam - 10/06/19 EV Amsterdam - 21/06/22 Berlin - 23/06/22 Zurich - 25/06/22 Imola - 25/07/22 Amsterdam - 11/09/22 New York
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    There’s something so delightful about hearing “I’ve got a feeling.”  I’m glad they played it last night.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • dh27 said:
    Just wanted to jump in here for a bit of perspective... I flew from the other side of the world for these shows - seeing the band in their home town was a bucket list trip for me. I’ve seen them play most of those songs before, and a lot of the covers. I get why people didn’t like it, and won’t neg on those that feel that way.

But I had an absolute blast. They sounded better than they have in years. Everyone was in great spirits. There was a great mix of fan favourites and tunes for the diehards. When you come home after a long time away - you want to party with your friends - that’s the vibe I took away from the show and loved it. Still the greatest band in the world!
    For sure!
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Here's my take:

The criticism for too many covers is reasonable, but I think such criticism needs to be balanced in order to be fair.

It's kind of like knocking Michael Jordan for turning the ball over four times in a game while ignoring the 35 points 11 rebounds 11 assists 3 steals and 2 blocks he contributed.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I had a great time last night, and thank you to Ten Club for placing me on the field which is certainly one of the more desirable areas to be in. You could tell everyone in GA was having a blast, and all of us in reserved seating on the field were having our own PJ party. I even turned around and saw Duff McKagan and his lady companion rocking out. That's so crazy about Iron Chef Marc Forgione being there because the person I was with said he saw a guy there that looked just like him, and he pointed him out. I could only see him from the back and said that it was probably just someone who looked like him, but I guess I called that one wrong! The Jack White cover was a nice surprise, and I enjoyed hearing "Comfortably Numb". The band playing "Breath" in Seattle is always a treat, so that made my night. I wasn't expecting "All Those Yesterdays", so it was definitely a happy addition to the evening. Kind of bummed that they didn't play "Can't Deny Me", but I imagine and am hoping that we'll hear it tomorrow night. Bring on the next home show!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Agree with kruesch. One of the many things I love about the band is that they aren't robotically playing all the expected "hits" I loved the surprises of hearing something unexpected as much as I was thrilled to hear them play B side songs and ones from 10, etc.  I love hearing them play songs (other than their own) that mean something to them, or that they want to have mean something to us in the context of the overall show. And isn't being surprised an important part of any live performance experience? They sounded amazing, the energy was f'ing awesome, my friend and I had a blast, and I was just so happy and grateful to be there, especially because it's so hard to get tickets and I just happened to get lucky this time, that I wouldnt have cared if they did 10 covers of nursery rhymes--it's f'ing Pearl Jam. Live. In Seattle. Next time, give your ticket away to someone who will appreciate it if you don't!
    Well said!  ;)
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Insane show! Can't wait for N2. All Those Yesterdays and I've Got A Feeling were the highlights for me.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • CsAc99CsAc99 Washington Posts: 35
    Fantastic show last night! Long Road and Release to begin the show gave me goosebumps. I had never heard either song until last night. All Those Yesterdays, Even Flow (the song has a whole new meaning after Eddie's story), and Encore 1 were the highlights for me. Can't wait for tomorrow night! 
    "Are you getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?"
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    I thought the show was great. I counted my ticket stubs and this was #16 for me since 2000. I think I space out shows just enough where I am excited and pleased every time. 
    Got to see some songs for the first time. Help Help. Let Me Sleep. Breath. Yes, there was nostalgia and I did don’t mind that at all. PJ rarely plays Seattle, considering it’s the hometown. Frankly, that keeps it fresh and gives a hometown wn show a special feeling. Although a stadium show isn’t intimate, it’s cool for totally different reasons. 
    Can you imagine the pressure on the band? So many friends and family in attendance. Expectations. Like EV said, he felt like a waiter with too many tables. Perfect analogy and I respect that. I have a feeling things will loosen up on Friday and it will be an instant classic. 
    I stood in line for merchandise longer than the band was on stage. And why do we do this? Because we love this band!  To the complainers? I consider ya lucky. Sadly, we won’t be seeing Nirvana or Soundgarden shows anytime soon. I’m a longtime Grateful Dead fan and I look at the shape that band was in during year 28. They were a disaster. Pearl Jam is looking and sounding pretty fucking good in year 28. Enjoy it while we have it! See you all on Friday!
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • at least they played even flow
  • RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    Milestone said:
    I thought the show was great. I counted my ticket stubs and this was #16 for me since 2000. I think I space out shows just enough where I am excited and pleased every time. 
    Got to see some songs for the first time. Help Help. Let Me Sleep. Breath. Yes, there was nostalgia and I did don’t mind that at all. PJ rarely plays Seattle, considering it’s the hometown. Frankly, that keeps it fresh and gives a hometown wn show a special feeling. Although a stadium show isn’t intimate, it’s cool for totally different reasons. 
    Can you imagine the pressure on the band? So many friends and family in attendance. Expectations. Like EV said, he felt like a waiter with too many tables. Perfect analogy and I respect that. I have a feeling things will loosen up on Friday and it will be an instant classic. 
    I stood in line for merchandise longer than the band was on stage. And why do we do this? Because we love this band!  To the complainers? I consider ya lucky. Sadly, we won’t be seeing Nirvana or Soundgarden shows anytime soon. I’m a longtime Grateful Dead fan and I look at the shape that band was in during year 28. They were a disaster. Pearl Jam is looking and sounding pretty fucking good in year 28. Enjoy it while we have it! See you all on Friday!
    "Enjoy it while we have it"  Spot-on comment.  As a big Rush and Dead fan who was fortunate enough to see both bands for years, on countless tours, I can tell you it really sucks when it ends, so try and remember, "Enjoy it while we have it".  See ya in Missoula!
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• whino33whino33 Posts: 11
    They played over 30 songs for 3 plus hours!  What if they got rid of 5 covers and only played 29 songs?  That is somehow better?!?!  I happen to like covers, it's part of the fun of seeing bands live for me, but if it's not your thing, that's cool.  Go to the bathroom, get a beer, do pretty much anything other than whine about it like a spoiled child the next day.  "They only played 25 of their songs, wahhhhh". Loved the show, as always - can't wait for Wrigley and Fenway!
    Albany 4/29/03
    MSG - 6/25/05, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 5/20/10, 5/21/10
    Irving Plaza - 5/5/06
    E.Rutherford - 6/1/06, 6/3/06
    Newark - 5/18/10
    Philly - 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    Chicago - 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    Hartford 5/13/06
    Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Jack White has an off day 8/10 before playing Portland on Saturday 8/11. He plays Seattle while PJ is in Montana, so that doesn’t line up.

Therefore, I’m predicting an appearance at Safeco on Friday!
    Or maybe Ed shows up to Jack White’s Portland show. I’ll be at both. And loving it.

11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • dnlbauerdnlbauer Posts: 11
    edited August 2018
    18th show starting in 1998.  Always dreamed of seeing them in Seattle and was not disappointed!  I agree with some of the thoughts that the show was celebratory and nostalgic - but think that is what made it great and very appropriate for Seattle.  I loved the double opener of Long Road/Release, All those Yesterdays, Breath and one of the best Betterman versions I’ve seen.  Overall, just a great day and night.  Met many cool people at the Wishlist party and show, easily got into stadium around 6p, and then had first experience in GA (it will be hard to go back to regular seats!). Super excited for shows 19 and 20 tomorrow night and Wrigley I.
  • Just got to Missoula after seeing the first home show and just went through all the comments. Here are my two cents (or is it 1.4 cents cause I’m Canadian?)

I thought this show had a little bit of everything for all people. They had some rareities, some b-sides, the hits, etc. I can see where people are saying it was a little cover heavy, but I personally didn’t mind most of them. Seeing how excited Brandi Carlisle was was amazing. I’m a huge Pink Floyd fan so loved CN. The opening Long Road was beautiful with Release in the two hole was amazing. After small town they kicked it into high gear. They can still shred with the best. Loved MYM live. Very raunchy. 

I took my my wife and 7 and 10 year old daughters. It was their first concert and I cant say enough nice things about the PJ family. Our section was great. We took the kids to grab a quick bowl of ice cream and Black came on, so my wife and I slow danced while they ate it in the lounge :)

With a band as popular as this who have been around this long, they’re never going to please everyone. I just hope everyone else has as great of time as we did and has safe travels. Thanks to the band and their crew!

Oh, and we finally heard YL!!! Our wedding song!! We got indifference the last two closers. Third times the charm!

enjoy the rest of the tour, everyone!!