Options

mobile ticket novice here

13»

Comments

• Options
    WW GirlWW Girl York, SC Posts: 24
    Does anyone else have a problem with their tickets disappearing from the PJ mobile ticket account?  I saw them there a couple of weeks ago and now they are not there.  I am trying to download them to my android wallet and there are no tickets to download!  I took a screenshot of my ticket confirmation screen on pearljam.com.  Gotta get on a plane now so hope this all works out!  Kinda stressful. 
    "I know that I was born and I know that I will die, the in between is mine.  I am mine."

Chicago, IL (March 13, 1994), Milwaukee, WI (July 08, 1995), Chicago, IL (July 11, 1995), Santa Cruz, CA (November 12, 1997), Oakland, CA (November 14, 1997), Sacramento, CA (July 16, 1998), Mountain View, CA (October 31, 1999), Charlotte, NC (August 04, 2000), Mountain View, CA (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, CA (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, CA (June 01, 2003), Asheville, NC (October 06, 2004), Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006), Columbia, SC (June 16, 2008), Atlanta, GA (September 22, 2012), Charlottesville, VA (October 29, 2013), Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013), Greenville, SC (April 16, 2016), Columbia, SC (April 21, 2016), SEATTLE, WA (AUGUST 10, 2018)  SHOW #20!!!, Camden, NJ (September 15, 2022).
  • Options
    nadahombrenadahombre Brooklyn Posts: 456
    There's an issue that's being discussed in another thread
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Everyone has issues today!!!!
  • Options
    Dres anyone have updates or can direct me to other threads? I'm searching for answers, resolutions, anything helpful. My tickets disappeared this morning, too. They reappeared but I still don't have the ability to save to mobile wallet, the Android version still isn't available. There is no "add" to wallet option when I view the ticket.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    Dres anyone have updates or can direct me to other threads? I'm searching for answers, resolutions, anything helpful. My tickets disappeared this morning, too. They reappeared but I still don't have the ability to save to mobile wallet, the Android version still isn't available. There is no "add" to wallet option when I view the ticket.
    As long as you can see your tickets you’ll be fine. They don’t have to be in a wallet. They can scan your tickets right from the Ticketmaster site 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Yup i stopped stressing over it. Worst case i have screen shots of tickets
  • Options
    RP123663RP123663 Posts: 77
    varty yo said:
    Everyone has issues today!!!!

If they had this many issues today, imagine what will happen an hour or 2 before the shows.  Yikes.
  • Options
    RS151862 said:
    As long as you can see your tickets you’ll be fine. They don’t have to be in a wallet. They can scan your tickets right from the Ticketmaster site 
    What are the chances that the ticketmaster site doesn't crash or at least bog down tremendously?  I mean this forum we are on today was down half the day yesterday just from people having issues seeing their tickets.  Again, I'm all about technology and making things better, but they should test these things out beforehand.  They obviously aren't ready for mobile tickets for stadium shows.  
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    RP123663 said:
    RS151862 said:
    What are the chances that the ticketmaster site doesn't crash or at least bog down tremendously?  I mean this forum we are on today was down half the day yesterday just from people having issues seeing their tickets.  Again, I'm all about technology and making things better, but they should test these things out beforehand.  They obviously aren't ready for mobile tickets for stadium shows.  
    People have said it goes fine at Mariners games and went fine for Foo Fighters. There will be Ten Club staff on hand, too. If anyone is really sweating it, just show up early and allow yourself plenty of time to get in.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

People have said it goes fine at Mariners games and went fine for Foo Fighters. There will be Ten Club staff on hand, too. If anyone is really sweating it, just show up early and allow yourself plenty of time to get in.
    I hear you, but that's kind of apples to oranges.  First of all, Mariners games bring in about half of what these shows will.  Secondly, people arrive to baseball games sporadically.  Anywhere from 2 hours early to 1 hour after the first pitch.  Thirdly, people who attend baseball games are allowed to buy groups of tickets.  In fact, most people buy in lots of 4 or more as it is a family oriented event.  So, if a Mariners game has 25k people, they are probably only scanning around 7-8k phones.  If the PJ show attendance is 50,000, they will be scanning 25 thousand phones.  I have not heard or looked into the FF shows to see if it was run the same way as this but I am curious to see if it in fact went flawlessly.
  • Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep my phone charged after I add my phone with the tickets displayed into my ticket collection! Wonder If these can be printed for that purpose?
    I’m buying a $4 portable charger from Best Buy - just in case....
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    RP123663 said:
    pjl44 said:

I hear you, but that's kind of apples to oranges.  First of all, Mariners games bring in about half of what these shows will.  Secondly, people arrive to baseball games sporadically.  Anywhere from 2 hours early to 1 hour after the first pitch.  Thirdly, people who attend baseball games are allowed to buy groups of tickets.  In fact, most people buy in lots of 4 or more as it is a family oriented event.  So, if a Mariners game has 25k people, they are probably only scanning around 7-8k phones.  If the PJ show attendance is 50,000, they will be scanning 25 thousand phones.  I have not heard or looked into the FF shows to see if it was run the same way as this but I am curious to see if it in fact went flawlessly.
    Again, if someone is really sweating this just show up early. Fretting over ways it could go wrong isn't gonna do ya any good.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Again, if someone is really sweating this just show up early. Fretting over ways it could go wrong isn't gonna do ya any good.
    Yeah, of course that's what we will have to do.  Or they could have simply done it the way that actually worked for decades until they figure it out.  Having to show up 3 hours before they take the stage really shouldn't be the only option.  BTW, the wallet thing still doesn't work on the day of the show, so excuse people for having their doubts.  
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,828
    RP123663 said:
    pjl44 said:

Yeah, of course that's what we will have to do.  Or they could have simply done it the way that actually worked for decades until they figure it out.  Having to show up 3 hours before they take the stage really shouldn't be the only option.  BTW, the wallet thing still doesn't work on the day of the show, so excuse people for having their doubts.  
    "until they figured it out"

I don't think this is TicketMaster's first eTicket event. Yes, they had a hiccup, and people are understandably worried, but from what I understand, most people are able to see their tickets again. Could there be problems tonight? Sure. There are potential problems with any system, and yes, that potential increases as complexity increases. However, how about we wait to see how tonight goes before declaring this a failure.

As to your earlier point about when baseball fans show up, the doors for this show open a few hours before the band takes the stage, so it's not like everyone has to jam the turnstiles at the same time. GA will have a big line, and there will be a crowd when the doors open, but that will probably be less than 20% of the crowd. The rest will flow in over the next couple of hours. Not to mention, while Android users still can't download their tickets, iPhone users can, so there will be a significant portion of fans heading in at any given time NOT on the local Wi-Fi/TM site.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    RP123663 said:
    pjl44 said:

"until they figured it out"

I don't think this is TicketMaster's first eTicket event. Yes, they had a hiccup, and people are understandably worried, but from what I understand, most people are able to see their tickets again. Could there be problems tonight? Sure. There are potential problems with any system, and yes, that potential increases as complexity increases. However, how about we wait to see how tonight goes before declaring this a failure.

As to your earlier point about when baseball fans show up, the doors for this show open a few hours before the band takes the stage, so it's not like everyone has to jam the turnstiles at the same time. GA will have a big line, and there will be a crowd when the doors open, but that will probably be less than 20% of the crowd. The rest will flow in over the next couple of hours. Not to mention, while Android users still can't download their tickets, iPhone users can, so there will be a significant portion of fans heading in at any given time NOT on the local Wi-Fi/TM site.
    This guy gets it. Mobile ticketing tech has been around for about a decade now. Bigger events like the Final Four don't have problems. A portion of 50k shouldn't be a problem. 
  • Options
    RP123663 said:
    pjl44 said:

BTW: You don't have to use a wallet
  • Options
    RP123663 said:
    pjl44 said:

BTW: You don't have to use a wallet
    I do understand that, but when PJ and TM recommend that you use the wallet, they should make it to where you can actually use it, right?  
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Google Pay Download is Live
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    Google Pay Download is Live
    I just found that out for myself and got them in there.  It was pretty easy actually.  The hardest part was recovering my gmail name and PW.  I didn't even know I had a gmail account, lol.  I feel much better now that I overreacted.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    Tickets are in wallet.

What is the procedure when you are in the venue once tickets have been scanned?  If I go in with my wife and have both tickets scanned from my wallet, will she have an issue getting back to our seat without a ticket?

I have been to venues where you get a paper ticket once your e-ticket is scanned, and others where you get nothing.  I have screenshotted tix in the past and forwarded to her.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Tickets are in wallet.

What is the procedure when you are in the venue once tickets have been scanned?  If I go in with my wife and have both tickets scanned from my wallet, will she have an issue getting back to our seat without a ticket?

I have been to venues where you get a paper ticket once your e-ticket is scanned, and others where you get nothing.  I have screenshotted tix in the past and forwarded to her.  
    That's a good question.  Thankfully, I have GA tix for both of my shows, so I assume those will come with bracelets like in the past, but seating is another story.  I guess we will find out later tonight or tomorrow.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    RP123663 said:
    Tickets are in wallet.

That's a good question.  Thankfully, I have GA tix for both of my shows, so I assume those will come with bracelets like in the past, but seating is another story.  I guess we will find out later tonight or tomorrow.  
    I can certainly transfer a ticket to her but would rather not hassle with it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    FYI-Just used the Google Pay app as well.  Pretty easy actually, I just downloaded them to that app (did not even know I had it?), then I actually just opened the app up for the first time ever and they were there under "passes".  Hopefully that solves it?
  • Options
    prlprl Posts: 125
    I have received my ticket and tried to save it to my wallet in my OnePlus 3T. The problem is that when I go to Google Play Store to download the Google Pay app I get a message saying that my device is not compatible with the app. Since I'm traveling from abroad I don't know if I'll have a data connection. I already have a screenshot of the ticket's barcode and emailed 10C. Hopefully the screenshot will suffice.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    prl said:
    I have received my ticket and tried to save it to my wallet in my OnePlus 3T. The problem is that when I go to Google Play Store to download the Google Pay app I get a message saying that my device is not compatible with the app. Since I'm traveling from abroad I don't know if I'll have a data connection. I already have a screenshot of the ticket's barcode and emailed 10C. Hopefully the screenshot will suffice.
    The screen shot will work - no worries. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    prl said:
    Go to the 10c window with ID and be able to open the website for the tickets. I belive they can get you paper tickets. 

NYPJ