Amish man starts "Uber" ride service with his horse and buggy

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
Amish man starts "Uber" ride service with his horse and buggy

https://wwmt.com/news/local/amish-man-starts-uber-ride-service-with-his-horse-and-buggy
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Let's hope Uber doesn't sue him for using their name when he has no actual connection to Uber, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    LOL, interesting idea. 

But I think there's more to this than meets the eye.  The dude has no beard, therefore he is single.  I think he's uing this ploy to pick up chicks.  :lol:

We have our own version of this here in Placerville:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    LOL, interesting idea. 

But I think there's more to this than meets the eye.  The dude has no beard, therefore he is single.  I think he's uing this ploy to pick up chicks.  :lol:

So you think he's trying to get date or just a hookup every once in a while...

"if this wagons a rocking', keep on walking" ... those Amish...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    brianlux said:
    LOL, interesting idea. 

He should start an Amish Tinder. Instead of a screen, you just physically swipe left or right on people's faces. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    brianlux said:
    LOL, interesting idea. 

He should start an Amish Tinder. Instead of a screen, you just physically swipe left or right on people's faces. 
    So a backhander is "Let's go on a date!" while a full palm slap is "You're not right for me." Lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    LOL, interesting idea. 

So a backhander is "Let's go on a date!" while a full palm slap is "You're not right for me." Lol.
    The image I have of an Amish dude slapping people in the face...
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…