Live At The Orpheum Theatre - April 12, 1994 Newbury Exclusive 2 LP

lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,880
edited August 2018 in The Porch
I don't see a thread for this yet. Random /100 colored.

A Newbury Comics exclusive - our limited edition 180g black pressing is the only standalone vinyl release of this recording. 100 copies of a Fenway color variant (1 Blue LP, 1 Red LP) have been pressed and will be shipped randomly to a lucky few who order this release.*

A special performance recorded at the tail end of the mythic Vs. tour, Live at the Orpheum Theatre showcases a dream setlist created especially by the Pearl Jam crew and has for years been one of the most sought-after recordings among serious aficionados.

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/pearl_jam-live_at_the_orpheum_exclusive_2_lp?variant=12537872187497
1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
Nothing since then. I suck.
2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
2022- Oakland Night 2
Post edited by lexicondevil on

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Still frustrates me how incomplete this particular release was/is.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,648
    Thank you!!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,648
  • But it's in the VS super deluxe limited edition mega set, right?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    But it's in the VS super deluxe limited edition mega set, right?
    yep, but that blue/red one isn't.  I've always wanted this show, even if it isn't complete.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    This is cool for those looking for the show but never wanted to spring for the box set.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    This is cool for those looking for the show but never wanted to spring for the box set.

Yep.  Wasn't into vinyl back when the box set was released so this is perfect for me.
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Thanks!!! 
    Fingers crossed for the coloured vinyl :prayer::prayer:
    Ordered the Morphine Cure For Pain coke bottle as well - love that album  =)=)
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,880
    I know in theory that you can only buy five copies, but I'm wondering how many some people will really buy to try and get a colored version. What other legitimate PJ vinyl has been released in an edition of 100 or less?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    edited August 2018
    I know in theory that you can only buy five copies, but I'm wondering how many some people will really buy to try and get a colored version. What other legitimate PJ vinyl has been released in an edition of 100 or less?
    Mad Season Live at the Moore (somewhat legitimate PJ vinyl, lol)
    Post edited by kramer73 on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    kramer73 said:
    There were 100 or less of those? 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    kramer73 said:
    I don't know if we ever found out how many of the splatter variant there were.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    kramer73 said:
    kramer73 said:
    Ahh, got it.  I never opened mine - could be a splatter!  ;)
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    kramer73 said:
    kramer73 said:
    There was a Moore splatter? I thought it was just the Sonic Evolution. 

Regarding this,  anyone know the total pressing size? I didn't see it. 
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    Anything different with this version than the vinyl in the Vitalogy boxset?
  • sonofjeansonofjean Saco, ME Posts: 58
    Anyone notice that the release date coincides with the band's arrival in Boston for the Fenway shows?  Could be coincidence, an intentional nice touch......or?????  The Orpheum appears to be available on 8/31 and 9/1.
    mrussel1 said:
    kramer73 said:
    kramer73 said:

ahh, you are right.  It was just the Sonic Evolution.
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    Just ordered 5 so will have some leftover blacks opened to check color at face value here soon :) 
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Lately their releases have been running in the 300-500 range...  Could easily not be the case with this one.  :rock_on:
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
    kramer73 said:
    kramer73 said:
    sorry, it was the Sonic Evolution.  :(  My mistake.
    kramer73 said:
    kramer73 said:
    kramer73 said:
    sorry, it was the Sonic Evolution.  :(  My mistake.
    I had a purple one that I sold and a black one that I kept & love.
  • So as a Newbury Exclusive will there be a limited run of the black vinyl as well? Just curious on how the value would hold on those if I were to pre-order 5. Thanks!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    So as a Newbury Exclusive will there be a limited run of the black vinyl as well? Just curious on how the value would hold on those if I were to pre-order 5. Thanks!
    It was already released once, so I doubt the black vinyl will retain much value 
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    So as a Newbury Exclusive will there be a limited run of the black vinyl as well? Just curious on how the value would hold on those if I were to pre-order 5. Thanks!
    I see that this was your first post here on the forum.....but we don't buy extras of PJ items simply for the future prospect of value appreciation.

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl:
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    mrussel1 said:
    kramer73 said:
    kramer73 said:

Last time Newbuy had a PJ related release (blue Singles soundtrack) it was 1000. A thousand of this would put your odds of getting a fenway variant at 1 in ten...which is nice...if you bought 5, you have a 20% chance. good luck. I bought one copy only. 
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,880
    My guess is that the pressing will be 5k, so you and all of the other people buying multiple copies will be looking to dump all of their extra copies. Face value or lower is what you should expect. That could all change if the whole pressing is a lot lower.
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Sweet! Been wanting this for awhile and didn't wanna spring for the whole box. Easy order for me! Thanks!!!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,957
    Yeah, thinking that this one is going to be a pretty high run
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    DW139059 said:
    Lately their releases have been running in the 300-500 range...  Could easily not be the case with this one.  :rock_on:
    There are at least 2300 of these, as thats whats available right now...
  • jervin007 said:
    It was already released once, so I doubt the black vinyl will retain much value 
    I don't see any other versions released on Discogs - do you have a link? Thanks!