What's the estimated wait time for Seattle merch

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    pjl44 said:
    I just came back from the merch tent.  I got in line at 5:15pm and was in line for around 10 minutes.  There were 3 people in front of me.  All of the lines had 3-5 people.  They had all of the posters except the RV one.  I could see there were still fairly good sized stacks of all of the posters still there.  They also didn't have the round Seattle sticker.  Was told they'd have more tomorrow.  The Mariners are out of town so I even found street parking for free.  
    Wait, the only poster they didn't have was the RV one?
    Wow.
    $10 to anyone who predicted that.  :lol:

As far as anyone reporting that other thread I can for sure see why someone might.  This place gets pretty excitable, myself included, and it could cause problems to show pictures of people.

I agreed with it when it was about people bullying their insistence that the dumb # list was followed in the GA line in Europe...but that was probably wrong as well.

Don't get me wrong - someone buying thousands of dollars of shit day after day is whacked.  Just think we should be upset with 10c for their policies and not the people who take advantage of those policies.  They need to change the process

I don't think they even need to change the process though. Put the flipper handwringing aside and everyone seems to be getting what they're after. Many people barely have to wait.
    I hope you are right

I think the fact that they let people buy ten of items is dumb.  Say 2 max of everything and them you can buy more but you have to go to the back of the line
      If nobody is in line than you can buy 25 posters to sell on eBay or give to your buddies. 

Anyone who has waited in line for hours to be turned away likely has a slant on their take about this that is tough to look past easily.

There have been reports of people not getting what they want this time - although less than Europe

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    JBob87 said:
    Can someone answer a potentially dumb question for me:
    Does the coaster set have one of each city? Or is it random?
    One of each. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    pjl44 said:
    I just came back from the merch tent.  I got in line at 5:15pm and was in line for around 10 minutes.  There were 3 people in front of me.  All of the lines had 3-5 people.  They had all of the posters except the RV one.  I could see there were still fairly good sized stacks of all of the posters still there.  They also didn't have the round Seattle sticker.  Was told they'd have more tomorrow.  The Mariners are out of town so I even found street parking for free.  
    Wait, the only poster they didn't have was the RV one?
    Wow.
    $10 to anyone who predicted that.  :lol:

As far as anyone reporting that other thread I can for sure see why someone might.  This place gets pretty excitable, myself included, and it could cause problems to show pictures of people.

I agreed with it when it was about people bullying their insistence that the dumb # list was followed in the GA line in Europe...but that was probably wrong as well.

Don't get me wrong - someone buying thousands of dollars of shit day after day is whacked.  Just think we should be upset with 10c for their policies and not the people who take advantage of those policies.  They need to change the process

I don't think they even need to change the process though. Put the flipper handwringing aside and everyone seems to be getting what they're after. Many people barely have to wait.

Which was not the case at all for the European shows, where the likelihood of getting any sort of merch was a complete disaster. The process should change to make it more fair, for all shows in all venues. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    And also, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they should have one long queue and when you get to the front, you go to the next available agent. Then if some clueless person takes half an hour to try on every shirt available, they don't hold up everyone in their line, while other people in other lines just sail on ahead.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • JBob87 said:
    Can someone answer a potentially dumb question for me:
    Does the coaster set have one of each city? Or is it random?
    One for each city
  • Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 167
    edited August 2018
    And also, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they should have one long queue and when you get to the front, you go to the next available agent. Then if some clueless person takes half an hour to try on every shirt available, they don't hold up everyone in their line, while other people in other lines just sail on ahead.
    This. People would care much less about the scumbags buying everything to sell if they could just process everybody else faster. It's beyond frustrating to watch people who came up 30-45 minutes after you leave while you're still 4 people deep in your line. Imagine if the DMV did this, lol.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I can't imagine the frustrating feeling of watching some party take 45 minutes front of you.  I would go mental.  
    Shame on 10c vendors.  You have ten minutes, max.  Don't try on small or medium of you are fat.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I can't imagine the frustrating feeling of watching some party take 45 minutes front of you.  I would go mental.  
    Shame on 10c vendors.  You have ten minutes, max.  Don't try on small or medium of you are fat.

Yeah, man,  I 100% agree.  I planned on spending around $1000, but when I got to the front, I just couldn't hold the people up behind me.  I passed on a bunch of stuff because I just didn't want people to have to wait for my stupid ass.  All of that being said, the whole fiasco could be remedied if there was one solid line, and you moved up when a spot was vacated.  I'd bet this gets fixed in the future.
    I don't want to think, I wanna feel....

2.5.95 Seattle
    9.16.96 Seattle
    7.18.98 Portland
    7.21.98 Seattle
    7.22.98 Seattle
    10.30.99 Mountain View, CA
    10.31.99 Mountain View, CA
    5.10.00 Bellingham, WA
    11.2.00 Portland, WA
    11.3.00 Boise, ID
    11.5.00 Seattle, WA
    11.6.00 Seattle, WA
    10.22.21 Seattle, WA
    9.1.05 George, WA
    7.6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    7.22.06 George, WA
    7.23.06 George, WA
    6.28.08 Mansfield, MA
    9.21.09 Seattle, WA
    9.22.09 Seattle, WA
    11.29.13 Portland, OR
    12.6.13 Seattle, WA
    8.8.18 Seattle, WA
    8.10.18 Seattle,WA
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    It would make it much quicker if they only let people buy 2 of the same shirt,  Not 2 of every size. 
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Does anyone know if you will be able to buy a koozie inside? All I want is the koozie and if i can get it inside at a merch table or a beer vendor I'd rather do that than stand in line. 
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    intodeep said:
    Does anyone know if you will be able to buy a koozie inside? All I want is the koozie and if i can get it inside at a merch table or a beer vendor I'd rather do that than stand in line. 
    They didn’t sell PJ koozies at beer vendors at fenway 16 and I’m guessing that’s the same everywhere. Cash from beer goes to one company, cash from Merch goes to PJ. 

If you just need a koozie, bring one in your pocket. If you want a PJ koozie, hit up the Merch inside the stadium... usually lines are much shorter and move quicker (nobody is buying 3k in crap to carry around the show all night lol) 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    Where do you park and how much is parking near the merch?
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Given2Fly said:
    Given2Fly said:
    Depends how many scalpers are in front of you, it's not well organized. If you get stuck in a queue with somebody buying $3k worth of stuff, you're stuck an extra 40+ minutes. Same 2 scalpers that were there yesterday buying $3k worth of stuff (i.e. 2 of every size of every shirt), were there today while I was in 2 lines, causing them to be a standstill. The smart way to do it is only let people get in a queue for merchandise when it's empty. I may or may not have started a mini riot when I pointed out to multiple people those same guys where there yesterday buying everything. Whoops. My bad. I never would have told them to get hit by a truck, though. That's just rude. The fun part was they started looking really nervous when they got called out.
    Oh that said, I got there about 1:15pm today and it took me 2 hours. The last 65 minutes were inside the tent so don't get too excited that you're in the tent. I didn't have any obvious giant ebayers in front of me either, just nice ladies trying on every shirt 15 times.
    Stop whining please.  They closed the other forum cause so many people who are obviously more important than others kept bitching and moaning. Just answer the question. Keep your tears for people who care.  Sorry. Tired of the constant whining. 
    Wow, the OP asked about how long the merch lines are taking, and the PP you're telling to "stop whining" was answering the question!  Why so mean to someone who was just answering the question and giving details??
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    intodeep said:
    They didn’t sell PJ koozies at beer vendors at fenway 16 and I’m guessing that’s the same everywhere. Cash from beer goes to one company, cash from Merch goes to PJ. 

If you just need a koozie, bring one in your pocket. If you want a PJ koozie, hit up the Merch inside the stadium... usually lines are much shorter and move quicker (nobody is buying 3k in crap to carry around the show all night lol) 
    Thanks. I want a PJ koozie as a souvenir. I'll try to get one when i go inside as you suggest.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    intodeep said:
    intodeep said:

Thanks. I want a PJ koozie as a souvenir. I'll try to get one when i go inside as you suggest.
    Had no problem grabbing them in 2016 inside. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    This is a very reasonable improvement that can be made.  
    MayDay10 said:
    This is a very reasonable improvement that can be made.  
    Also a 10 items or less line. 
  • BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    Given2Fly said:
    Depends how many scalpers are in front of you, it's not well organized. If you get stuck in a queue with somebody buying $3k worth of stuff, you're stuck an extra 40+ minutes. Same 2 scalpers that were there yesterday buying $3k worth of stuff (i.e. 2 of every size of every shirt), were there today while I was in 2 lines, causing them to be a standstill. The smart way to do it is only let people get in a queue for merchandise when it's empty. I may or may not have started a mini riot when I pointed out to multiple people those same guys where there yesterday buying everything. Whoops. My bad. I never would have told them to get hit by a truck, though. That's just rude. The fun part was they started looking really nervous when they got called out.
    Lol, the same "great collectors" bought more $Ks worth of crap yesterday?
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    7BCBA said:
    Given2Fly said:
    Hey now, theyre respected flippers
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Horse2345 said:
    7BCBA said:
    Given2Fly said:
    Hey now, theyre respected flippers
    Hahahaaaa. Unreal. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    BCBA said:
    Given2Fly said:
    Maybe there's a room in their house that they set up like a Gap. All the clothing folded and displayed in ascending sizes, some on hangers, etc. YOU DON'T KNOW SO DON'T JUDGE OK BUT EVERYONE I DON'T KNOW IS A FLIPPER.
  • At the risk of being wrong, I'm getting the feeling that PJ management has recognized the demand for their stuff and adjusted their supply accordingly. They might even be printing posters as we speak (has there been a definitive number detailing the print run?).

Some people freaked out and bought stuff on Ebay the first day thinking prices were going to soar; however, I feel that the opposite is going to happen (and it's already showing with recent sales). As mentioned on this forum, everybody is getting what they want.

Outside of the delay they might experience waiting for some doosh to pick out all their items to resell... people don't need to get upset with the gomers buying $2000 worth of stuff because they might end up having the last laugh.

Given the supply is not as limited, those 'respected flippers' are not going to see the lucrative profit they likely envisioned when they initially chose to make dickheads of themselves. Their posters and stuff will still sell, but not anywhere near the high prices we've seen in the past and not for such a price to overcome the loss of their dignity.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Might try my luck today after my shift at MoPOP. Depends on how crazy it looks when I arrive as to whether or not I'll brave the line.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    edited August 2018
    Since the other thread was locked, does anyone know if they are selling the black Comet/Fireball shirt at the home and away shows?  They sold them in Europe and South America.  Hope to grab one at Wrigley if they are selling them. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    JojoRice said:
    Since the other thread was locked, does anyone know if they are selling the black Comet/Fireball shirt at the home and away shows?  They sold them in Europe and South America.  Hope to grab one at Wrigley if they are selling them. 
    If it was like 2016 the only things being sold is what they already posted in the home shows merch announcement. Maybe they have it for the away shows, but won;t know that until the Missoula stuff starts showing up. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    can someone confirm the measurements for the Klausen?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • frisbiecfrisbiec Seattle, WA Posts: 112
    ComeToTX said:
    can someone confirm the measurements for the Klausen?
    12 x 32
    Remove yourself from comfort . . . all progress involves risk
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    edited August 2018
    awesome. thanks. i asked on the other thread and never checked the answer ;)
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    At the risk of being wrong, I'm getting the feeling that PJ management has recognized the demand for their stuff and adjusted their supply accordingly. They might even be printing posters as we speak (has there been a definitive number detailing the print run?).

There is no print run number (even Brad said he didnt know) but I'm almost 100% they are not printing posters as we speak.  Generally those screens are used for the printing job and then tossed.  These places have hundreds of orders from all over the country/world and move on to the next project.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    As a neutral observer, I like the Klausen the most.  Seems like the coolest keepsake from the show.  Love the ticket theme.