UPDATE **Dad Diagnosed with ALS last year** PAYING IT FORWARD RELEASE IN BOSTON FOR DEREK

Comments

• PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    PJWGIII said:
    That shirt is hand made... for the record.

I cut each of those letters out with an exacto knife and ironed them on...
    Why don't they sell these?!
    Great question.
    I searched forever and was only able to find two sources.  The first was Ebay.  I guess when they reissued Vitalogy they either sold Vitalogy shirts or the vinyl came with a shirt, I'm not exactly sure.

They other source was a Swiss website that has since disappeared.  They came in red, green, black and white, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I started making them for my kids.  I've made three as they have gotten older.  I also made two adult versions.  It's not difficult, just tedious.  

Cutting out the letters and ironing them on is a pain in the ass.  They aren't perfect, but Vitalogy is my favorite... so.

UPDATE:
    I just sesrched again.  Looks like there is an Etsy vendor who sells them.

I'm on my phone so I can't create a shorter link.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/577260607/t-shirt-vitalogyvitalogy-trust-t-shirt?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_christmas_Clothing&utm_custom1=953d9cf6-e7f5-4c71-8062-f743b8c86a29

Wow. I found someone who also thinks Vitalogy is their favorite album!

BUMP!!!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    PJWGIII said:
    PJWGIII said:
    That shirt is hand made... for the record.

I cut each of those letters out with an exacto knife and ironed them on...
    Why don't they sell these?!
    Great question.
    I searched forever and was only able to find two sources.  The first was Ebay.  I guess when they reissued Vitalogy they either sold Vitalogy shirts or the vinyl came with a shirt, I'm not exactly sure.

They other source was a Swiss website that has since disappeared.  They came in red, green, black and white, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I started making them for my kids.  I've made three as they have gotten older.  I also made two adult versions.  It's not difficult, just tedious.  

Cutting out the letters and ironing them on is a pain in the ass.  They aren't perfect, but Vitalogy is my favorite... so.

UPDATE:
    I just sesrched again.  Looks like there is an Etsy vendor who sells them.

I'm on my phone so I can't create a shorter link.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/577260607/t-shirt-vitalogyvitalogy-trust-t-shirt?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_christmas_Clothing&utm_custom1=953d9cf6-e7f5-4c71-8062-f743b8c86a29

Wow. I found someone who also thinks Vitalogy is their favorite album!

BUMP!!!
    LOL... I thought everyone's favorite album was Vitalogy?
    Do people not like Vitalogy?

In order of preference:
    1) Vitalogy
    2) No Code
    3) Vs.
    4) Yield
    5) Ten
    6) Riot Act or Binarual or Riot Act or Binaural
    8) Lightning Bolt
    9) Pearl Jam
    10) Backspacer

I think Vitalogy is my favorite because it was a birthday gift from my cousin... I was aware of Pearl Jam in High School, but I was a super big Dead Head back then.  I've seen The Grateful Dead 14 times with Jerry and I'm only 41.  My first Dead Show was on my 12th birthday in New York City.  

https://archive.org/details/gd88-09-16.sbd.miller.5289.sbeok.shnf

Vitalogy was the 1st PJ album I owned.  No Code was my 2nd and Vs. my 3rd.    

Ten was just overplayed for me.  I didn't really appreciate Ten until years later.  

I'm like a tab
    I just want to thank everyone who has been so supportive of this request... 

I know it's selfish and meaningless in the long run.

Its just a song after all.

There are other more important things in life.

ALS is a tough disease.... and those affected by it need our love and support and understanding...

If...somehow... Pearl Jam playing this song for my Dad brings even a dollar more for research or care or equipment or support...

It's worth posting, bumping, and sharing.

I've raised $50,000 in two years for ALS through my dad's softball game.  That's something I'm VERY proud of.

My dad is my hero.

So... thank you all for your support.
    I'm like a tab

I'm like a tab
    My Dad's name is Robert Peabody Taylor.
    My name is Andrew Christopher Peabody Taylor
    My son's name is William Thomas Peabody Taylor.

When my dad was in high school he created The Peabod Man.

It has all the letters of P.E.A.B.O.D. in that little drawing.

My dad was named after a WWII War hero who was a family friend.
    I'm like a tab
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    To the top!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    Thanks for the PM, response sent.

This thread misses the front page already, it misses it always.

BUMP!!

: Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Bump dat :smiley:
    I'm like a tab
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,375
    Bump
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Hope it happens.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,036
    Hope it happens.

We leave for Chicago on Friday morning!   Hopefully we hear Smile.  If not.... oh well.   It will be amazing either way.  See you all soon!
    I'm like a tab
    I'm like a tab
    Nice! :plus_one:
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    I'd like to add some support to this request.  My father-in-law passed away from ALS just a few weeks ago (7/20).  His name was Lee, and he was the most loving person I've ever known.  My wife and I are traveling to the 8/18 Chicago show also, and we are looking forward to the chance to decompress and recompose ourselves after this awful battle and outcome. 

ALS is a terrible disease which shows no mercy.  BlackCircle - keep fighting the good fight, and take advantage of every day (as I'm sure you are!)  Pearl Jam friends, if you read this, please shine a light on BlackCircle and his dad, and consider this request.  My wife and I would appreciate it so much as well.  Much love.
    Lostpawn said:
    I'd like to add some support to this request.  My father-in-law passed away from ALS just a few weeks ago (7/20).  His name was Lee, and he was the most loving person I've ever known.  My wife and I are traveling to the 8/18 Chicago show also, and we are looking forward to the chance to decompress and recompose ourselves after this awful battle and outcome. 

ALS is a terrible disease which shows no mercy.  BlackCircle - keep fighting the good fight, and take advantage of every day (as I'm sure you are!)  Pearl Jam friends, if you read this, please shine a light on BlackCircle and his dad, and consider this request.  My wife and I would appreciate it so much as well.  Much love.

AWWW... Thank you!!!  

Hey, I'm trying to get these SMILE CHICAGO Stickers printed before I leave on Friday.... I would LOVE for you to have one!
    I'm like a tab
  • 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    I support this and the bumping.... lost a friend to it in January at the age of 35.  It's a horrific disease and painful for all involved. I'm so sorry. 
    I don't think these types of threads are a bad idea. I really wish the band could accommodate  everyone.

What's even weirder is I have my own request all typed out, but I haven't posted it because I read these threads, feel your pain and never want to have anyone feel like I'm one upping them.  

Here's to hearing "Smile" this weekend. cheers.... 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 711
    Bump
    1upstate said:
    I support this and the bumping.... lost a friend to it in January at the age of 35.  It's a horrific disease and painful for all involved. I'm so sorry. 
    I don't think these types of threads are a bad idea. I really wish the band could accommodate  everyone.

What's even weirder is I have my own request all typed out, but I haven't posted it because I read these threads, feel your pain and never want to have anyone feel like I'm one upping them.  

I would LOVE to know what your request is... and I would LOVE for you to get your request above mine.  Honestly. 
    My request is purely selfish and if you getting the band to play a song that means something to you... I would whole heartedly support hearing your song! 

What is it?   Smile would be awesome... but all PJ songs are awesome!  

I'm just happy to be on Wrigley!!
    I'm like a tab
    1upstate said:

I would LOVE to know what your request is... and I would LOVE for you to get your request above mine.  Honestly. 
    My request is purely selfish and if you getting the band to play a song that means something to you... I would whole heartedly support hearing your song! 

I sent you a private message .... 
    1upstate said:
    1upstate said:

Yes.
    And if Ed were to ask me personally... which song should be played.....  Smile or Black.

I would chose Black.... for your wife.   
    I pray my friend you can hear this song in Chicago.   

All my love.   
    I'm like a tab
    Next show bump!

EV:

1upstate said:
    1upstate said:

Yes.
    And if Ed were to ask me personally... which song should be played.....  Smile or Black.

I would chose Black.... for your wife.   
    I pray my friend you can hear this song in Chicago.   

All my love.   
    This is why this fan base can be so awesome.  Thank you for reading my story, which I will post some time today.  Much love back at you and thanks.  I still wanna hear SMILE 
    I just ordered 100 Smile Chicago Stickers, which I will be handing out for free while we are there.   I'll keep a few back here in Charlotte and if anyone wants to get one later, I can send you one until they run out.   They are unfortunately not die cut in a circle, so you'll have to cut it out yourself.  Sorry... it was the only way I could get them printed. 

I'm like a tab
    I just ordered 100 Smile Chicago Stickers, which I will be handing out for free while we are there.   I'll keep a few back here in Charlotte and if anyone wants to get one later, I can send you one until they run out.   They are unfortunately not die cut in a circle, so you'll have to cut it out yourself.  Sorry... it was the only way I could get them printed. 

Recently found out I will only be at night 2. Will you guys still be around so I can get one?

EV:

Would love one of these!!