What's the estimated wait time for Seattle merch

I think it's fair to keep a thread open for real time updates on wait times, considering the ranges have been 20 minutes to 3+ hours. But Mods feel free to delete as needed.

So with putting aside what you bought and why and what others bought and why.....how long are people waiting today?

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg

Comments

• Got in line at 12:22 and at 1:04 we are probably another 10-15 away from being able to purchase 
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    Got in line about 9:30. Out at 12:10. Only about 50 in line at 9:30.  By the time noon came around only half of the outside lanes were full. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    THanks.  Crazy that it took 2.5 hours to process 50 people.  They wait on people 1 at a time?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Good luck, @mookeywrench
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    THanks.  Crazy that it took 2.5 hours to process 50 people.  They wait on people 1 at a time?
    If one person was working then that's 3 min a person which is super fast but we know there are 10 people working so that is an average of 30 minutes per transaction.

Wow...
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    edited August 2018
    about 1.5 hours out somewhere over Washington.  how's it moving.  plan to be in line around 3:30
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    KW6232 said:
    Got in line about 9:30. Out at 12:10. Only about 50 in line at 9:30.  By the time noon came around only half of the outside lanes were full. 
    Merch tent was only supposed to open at noon so assuming it did, that means that it took 10 mins. Unless they opened the tent earlier today.
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    Let me clarify. 2.5 hours was the wait before it opened at noon. Only 10 minutes to buy my stuff and be out of the tent. 
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,557
    flyerphan said:
    Got in line at 12:22 and at 1:04 we are probably another 10-15 away from being able to purchase 
    At that time did you get everything you wanted?  ie posters?
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    edited August 2018
    Got in line at 11:10 and started around the middle of the second turn which was about 80 people back maybe? Tent opened just a bit after noon and walked out at 12:50 PM so 40 minutes of waiting for the shop to open and then another 40 minutes to getting my stuff.
    Post edited by quasi on
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Suziemay said:
    KW6232 said:
    Merch tent was only supposed to open at noon so assuming it did, that means that it took 10 mins. Unless they opened the tent earlier today.
    Good point, thanks!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    We need some music for this thread.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azEOeTX1LqM
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    We need some music for this thread.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azEOeTX1LqM
    I’m listening to Don’t stop till you get enough by Michael Jackson bud join me for a beer!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Wednesday i will have line beers in tow!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 167
    Depends how many scalpers are in front of you, it's not well organized. If you get stuck in a queue with somebody buying $3k worth of stuff, you're stuck an extra 40+ minutes. Same 2 scalpers that were there yesterday buying $3k worth of stuff (i.e. 2 of every size of every shirt), were there today while I was in 2 lines, causing them to be a standstill. The smart way to do it is only let people get in a queue for merchandise when it's empty. I may or may not have started a mini riot when I pointed out to multiple people those same guys where there yesterday buying everything. Whoops. My bad. I never would have told them to get hit by a truck, though. That's just rude. The fun part was they started looking really nervous when they got called out.
    Given2Fly said:
    Depends how many scalpers are in front of you, it's not well organized. If you get stuck in a queue with somebody buying $3k worth of stuff, you're stuck an extra 40+ minutes. Same 2 scalpers that were there yesterday buying $3k worth of stuff (i.e. 2 of every size of every shirt), were there today while I was in 2 lines, causing them to be a standstill. The smart way to do it is only let people get in a queue for merchandise when it's empty. I may or may not have started a mini riot when I pointed out to multiple people those same guys where there yesterday buying everything. Whoops. My bad. I never would have told them to get hit by a truck, though. That's just rude. The fun part was they started looking really nervous when they got called out.
    Oh that said, I got there about 1:15pm today and it took me 2 hours. The last 65 minutes were inside the tent so don't get too excited that you're in the tent. I didn't have any obvious giant ebayers in front of me either, just nice ladies trying on every shirt 15 times.
  • Given2Fly said:
    Given2Fly said:
    Oh that said, I got there about 1:15pm today and it took me 2 hours. The last 65 minutes were inside the tent so don't get too excited that you're in the tent. I didn't have any obvious giant ebayers in front of me either, just nice ladies trying on every shirt 15 times.
    Stop whining please.  They closed the other forum cause so many people who are obviously more important than others kept bitching and moaning. Just answer the question. Keep your tears for people who care.  Sorry. Tired of the constant whining. 
    1996- New York - Downing Stadium
    1998- Tibetan Freedom Concert
    2000- Seattle
    2005 - Vancouver
    2009- Vancouver
    2011-Vancouver
    2013 - Vancouver
    2016 - Ottawa
    2016 - Toronto 1
    2016 - Toronto 2
    2018 - Seattle 1
    2018 - Seattle 2
    Given2Fly said:
    Given2Fly said:
    Stop whining please.  They closed the other forum cause so many people who are obviously more important than others kept bitching and moaning. Just answer the question. Keep your tears for people who care.  Sorry. Tired of the constant whining. 
    No, friend, the video of the "collectors" got the other thread closed. I do have pictures of the fine "collectors" that have been there 2 days in a row, but won't put them here because of the other thread being closed. Thank you for your concern. The "whining" was necessary to answer the question because it took people in some lines a lot longer because of them.

Have a wonderful day friend. I love you.
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    Is all the merch sales going towards the homeless benefit? Every cent?
  • JBoTheWandererJBoTheWanderer On the road... Posts: 7
    Arrived at 12:05 today.  People in line were 3 lengths of the tent, snaking back and forth.  Took exactly 1 hr to get inside tent.  My line inside to the table of merch was slow, took 30 minutes.  Others behind me in line got out 5-10 mins before me, had quicker purchasers in front of them.  Looks like they stack about 7 people in each of the lines for the merch tables, once you are allowed inside.  Was about 10 or 12 tables I think.  One guy in front of me bought a LOT and took about 15 minutes.  Probably a reseller.  They were already out of the totes.
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    How are the shirts....true to size??
    Redrumh2o said:
    How are the shirts....true to size??
    Yeah seemed good! My large fit how I'd expect a large to fit me after drinking too much beer the last couple months. Coworkers medium fit him as he expected it to.
  • I just came back from the merch tent.  I got in line at 5:15pm and was in line for around 10 minutes.  There were 3 people in front of me.  All of the lines had 3-5 people.  They had all of the posters except the RV one.  I could see there were still fairly good sized stacks of all of the posters still there.  They also didn't have the round Seattle sticker.  Was told they'd have more tomorrow.  The Mariners are out of town so I even found street parking for free.  
  • I got the white ringer t-shirt and the navy blue Seahawks looking shirt, both in medium.  They say preshrunk and seem true to size to me.  The ringer shirt is a fairly see-through material, which I didn't notice until I got home.  

Side note...the posters look a lot better in person.  The colors and details are really amazing.  I definitely have my favorite, but was pleasantly surprised at how great they all look.  Can't go wrong with any.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Good to hear they are well stocked and later times are working better.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Given2Fly said:
    Given2Fly said:
    Given2Fly said:
    No, friend, the video of the "collectors" got the other thread closed. I do have pictures of the fine "collectors" that have been there 2 days in a row, but won't put them here because of the other thread being closed. Thank you for your concern. The "whining" was necessary to answer the question because it took people in some lines a lot longer because of them.

Have a wonderful day friend. I love you.
    Actually there was no reason for the other thread to be closed. 

I wonder who reported it....pretty obvious actually.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    I just came back from the merch tent.  I got in line at 5:15pm and was in line for around 10 minutes.  There were 3 people in front of me.  All of the lines had 3-5 people.  They had all of the posters except the RV one.  I could see there were still fairly good sized stacks of all of the posters still there.  They also didn't have the round Seattle sticker.  Was told they'd have more tomorrow.  The Mariners are out of town so I even found street parking for free.  
    Here’s to hoping Wrigley is as smooth. At least at the time I go :)
    hippiemom = goodness
    I just came back from the merch tent.  I got in line at 5:15pm and was in line for around 10 minutes.  There were 3 people in front of me.  All of the lines had 3-5 people.  They had all of the posters except the RV one.  I could see there were still fairly good sized stacks of all of the posters still there.  They also didn't have the round Seattle sticker.  Was told they'd have more tomorrow.  The Mariners are out of town so I even found street parking for free.  
    Wait, the only poster they didn't have was the RV one?
    Wow.
    $10 to anyone who predicted that.  :lol:

As far as anyone reporting that other thread I can for sure see why someone might.  This place gets pretty excitable, myself included, and it could cause problems to show pictures of people.

I agreed with it when it was about people bullying their insistence that the dumb # list was followed in the GA line in Europe...but that was probably wrong as well.

Don't get me wrong - someone buying thousands of dollars of shit day after day is whacked.  Just think we should be upset with 10c for their policies and not the people who take advantage of those policies.  They need to change the process

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Wait, the only poster they didn't have was the RV one?
    Wow.
    $10 to anyone who predicted that.  :lol:

As far as anyone reporting that other thread I can for sure see why someone might.  This place gets pretty excitable, myself included, and it could cause problems to show pictures of people.

I agreed with it when it was about people bullying their insistence that the dumb # list was followed in the GA line in Europe...but that was probably wrong as well.

Don't get me wrong - someone buying thousands of dollars of shit day after day is whacked.  Just think we should be upset with 10c for their policies and not the people who take advantage of those policies.  They need to change the process

I don't think they even need to change the process though. Put the flipper handwringing aside and everyone seems to be getting what they're after. Many people barely have to wait.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 427
    Can someone answer a potentially dumb question for me:
    Does the coaster set have one of each city? Or is it random?