'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 167
    edited August 2018
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Thank you sticker flipper. 
    That seller had a lot of bootleg stickers for sale.  I wasn’t sure if they were selling real Seattle stickers or fake ones.
    Yep, once I entered the merch tent it was very nice with about 10 or more individual lines, I ended up in a line where three people (they all knew each other, perhaps traveling together) from Brazil each bought over $1,500.  Each one of the three bought over $1,500, it looked like they bought the limit of each item available.  I asked the young lady who helped me how much each order was and she said $1,500.  One of the three had previously been in another line and completed a large order and joined the other two in my line, we didn't expect him to do another purchase.  The bummer for me as each order took about 40 minutes to assemble, add up, and check out.  Two other folks ahead of me and several behind me must have waited over two hours for those three people to finish.  I got in line at 10:50 and left the merch tent at 3:30.  I'm not even exaggerating.  Link to some video I took:

she is not from brazil.but from mexico,she is a huge fan and collector and a very respectful fan in pj community
    Respectful flipper
    If you resell half of what you buy it makes it a lot more affordable to be a "collector" .. 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited August 2018
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    That seller had a lot of bootleg stickers for sale.  I wasn’t sure if they were selling real Seattle stickers or fake ones.
    Yep, once I entered the merch tent it was very nice with about 10 or more individual lines, I ended up in a line where three people (they all knew each other, perhaps traveling together) from Brazil each bought over $1,500.  Each one of the three bought over $1,500, it looked like they bought the limit of each item available.  I asked the young lady who helped me how much each order was and she said $1,500.  One of the three had previously been in another line and completed a large order and joined the other two in my line, we didn't expect him to do another purchase.  The bummer for me as each order took about 40 minutes to assemble, add up, and check out.  Two other folks ahead of me and several behind me must have waited over two hours for those three people to finish.  I got in line at 10:50 and left the merch tent at 3:30.  I'm not even exaggerating.  Link to some video I took:

she is not from brazil.but from mexico,she is a huge fan and collector and a very respectful fan in pj community
    Respectful flipper
    thats the problem,u dont know shit about the person,and u say shit about her,,she is not a flipper...everyone around here in this forum  knows i wouyld never take the side of a flipper...
    what happens  here is that someone bought alot of merch which happens to be huge collector plus her english arent very well,probably took more time that to communicate with employes travel far away for the shows ,now ,got bushed online from someone and say shit about her with out know her,
    Post edited by Sea on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Honestly, $1500 worth of stuff and you're going to keep it all? C'mon Dimi.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Maybe she's getting stuff for all the assholes who come in here and on Facebook begging people to get them stuff. PAYPAL READY!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    For those complaining about the merch situation, it seems to me they are doing exactly the same thing they did to combat bootleggers and “import” cds back in the day. They decided to release their own and flooded the market, putting the bootleg sellers out of business. If supply meets the demand for merchandise, flippers will lose. Of course there will be one off items that sell out and increase in value, but for the people who truly just want a memento that shouldn’t bother them, should it? And for those hardcore collectors, they will still have their holy grails to search for. The best part is that the shows are for a good cause so the sales will help people who need it (at least the Seattle shows.)
    a friend yesterday bought 2,300 satuff ..yes he is gonna keep all..he is a sucker of merch
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    a friend yesterday bought 2,300 satuff ..yes he is gonna keep all..he is a sucker of merch
    That's a lot of merch
    hippiemom = goodness
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 26
    edited August 2018
    Ok, this might of been answered already I tried to read all comments but is this cash only?
    Post edited by pigeon on
    That's a lot of merch
    yeah,,some people want to have all items..i mean for exabl he bought all hats,,in my opinion only one is good to buy,,he gave 140 dollars for hat...thats my grocery for a week,i wouldnt do it
  • Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 167
    pigeon said:
    Ok, this might of been answered already I tried to read all comments but is this cash only?
    I'm going with 100% positive that's a no, with no exact knowledge of whether it's truth or not. No way they don't take cards though with the $3k transaction from ebay flippers and the $1500/$2300 transactions from *cough* "collectors."
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    pigeon said:
    I doubt it, think it would have been posted al lover if it was. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    That is next level collecting
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    pigeon said:
    I can't answer your question, but you should probably pay cash or some babies in here might post a video of you saying that you're taking too long because you're using a card.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368

RP112579 said:
    Maybe she's getting stuff for all the assholes who come in here and on Facebook begging people to get them stuff. PAYPAL READY!
    How does that make someone an asshole?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited August 2018
    So she keeps all that stuff? 
    As i said, huge collector, very well respected fan in pj community. 
    And For sure the pj flippers are not fans from mexico.  its an  inside job, no need tot built a wall. 
    I stand corrected, someone said they were from Brazil.  Doesn't matter where they are from, their behavior was disgusting.  Fan or not, it was absolutely obscene the amount of stuff she and the other individuals in her group purchased.  I saw them gather 4 huge orders.  Respected? Yeah, I'm sure they are keeping all that stuff for themselves.  "pj flippers are not fans from mexico" LOL, hahahaha!  Ok, whatever you say!

Post edited by Sea on
    RP112579 said:
    now u said that,,alot doing this,,get all merch double,for exable seattle and a friend do the same lets say in fenway..and they trade all.posters,stickers,shirts etc..thats a way to get stuff face value in a show didnt go
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 26
    RP112579 said:
    pigeon said:
    I can't answer your question, but you should probably pay cash or some babies in here might post a video of you saying that you're taking too long because you're using a card.
    HA. True story.

• jryken99 said:
    My experience yesterday - Got there around 5:45 pm - not a single person in line outside. 1 person in front of me at the booth. From the time I parked my car until I was driving off again, maybe 20 minutes. Just grabbed a couple of shirts and koozies. It looked like they had plenty of everything - posters and all.

That is too funny. Did the same in Boston in 2016. Outside of the Catch poster, got everything i wanted in less than 20 minutes .
    That's awesome, I always seem to learn the hard way! LOL!  Just glad to have yesterday behind and some live music to look forward to and enjoy!
  • Given2Fly said:
    pigeon said:
    I'm going with 100% positive that's a no, with no exact knowledge of whether it's truth or not. No way they don't take cards though with the $3k transaction from ebay flippers and the $1500/$2300 transactions from *cough* "collectors."

Cash or card, card readers seemed to be quite quick compared to the employees counting piles of cash a couple of times and verifying the 20s and 100s were legit.
    edited August 2018
    And For sure the pj flippers are not fans from mexico.  its an  inside job, no need tot built a wall. 
    I stand corrected, someone said they were from Brazil.  Doesn't matter where they are from, their behavior was disgusting.  Fan or not, it was absolutely obscene the amount of stuff she and the other individuals in her group purchased.  I saw them gather 4 huge orders.  Respected? Yeah, I'm sure they are keeping all that stuff for themselves.  "pj flippers are not fans from mexico" LOL, hahahaha!  Ok, whatever you say!

sure,,u saw someone first time in your life and u know better than someone  knows her for years..
    if someone else in the future thinks they know u and what u doing and films u and bush u in social media..im sure u will feel great
    Post edited by Sea on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    edited August 2018
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

Respectful flipper
    LOL
    Post edited by Sea on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• This whole merch thing reminds me of Black Friday... 
  • comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited August 2018

sure,,u saw someone first time in your life and u know better than someone  knows her for years..
    if someone else in the future thinks they know u and what u doing and films u and bush u in social media..im sure u will feel great
    I never said I know these people better than you.  I'm sure they are great "respectful" folks.  It didn't seem like they were respectful of me and the other people in line behind them.  Especially when one in their party came and joined them and made another huge order in front of us.  She was writing down lists of items for the other guys to purchase.  Yeah, your right!!  Totally respectful folks!  
    Post edited by Sea on
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    edited August 2018
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

Respectful flipper
    Just don't buy any merch off eBay from Mexico in the next few days. 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • link93link93 Posts: 403
    Merch jumped the shark a few years ago. I'm happy to get a poster and a shirt if I can.  I don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Life is too short for that. 

• skinnypig said:
    Given2Fly said:
    pigeon said:

Cash or card, card readers seemed to be quite quick compared to the employees counting piles of cash a couple of times and verifying the 20s and 100s were legit.
    most of the bills the employee was verifying were 100s, demonstrating the amount of the order!  crazy stuff
  • link93 said:
    Merch jumped the shark a few years ago. I'm happy to get a poster and a shirt if I can.  I don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Life is too short for that. 
    words to live by! 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    i hate everyone
    link93 said:
    words to live by! 
    Words to live by, but you were literally worrying about what some what else was doing :lol:
  • Man when I was younger, the show was more important than merch. Nobody bought merch back then, because they you couldn't afford and it was more important to be as close as possible. Seems like the music comes after the merch now. I am not saying I do not buy merch, but I would not waste a beautiful day in Seattle, and I would not be in the line when the band is on stage just so I can buy something.
This discussion has been closed.