Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Klausen’s is good. The rest no thanks
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    I’m loving the Emek and Faile.
  • Options
    People on here saying they don't like the posters will be the same one's standing in line buying multiple posters.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    People on here saying they don't like the posters will be the same one's standing in line buying multiple posters.
    I am one of those people and guarantee you that will not be the case. What are you basing this off of?
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,800
    So true. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Yes a real DB Cooper face wouldve been cool but thats Faile’s trademark
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I won’t be spending a second in a merch line.  3/5 posters will be in the shop 2 years from now just like the Fenway 16 ones.  The shirts and stickers are just ok as well.  Really miss the Pendleton sticker and shirt designs.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
     I dig the Ames Poseidon. Truth be told, I also like the Jackelope. The Klausen is also cool, and relates to his Wrigley one from 16, and is a landscape print instead of portrait. 
  • Options
    Wow does this mean i get to go to both shows now?!! Awesome!!   I had plans to be 2000 miles away next week. Glad i didnt like them.  Thanks bro!!!
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,458
    Yes, it's just a ploy to get people to not buy them so they can snatch them up instead. I'm getting the Klausen. 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    I think the klausen is the best but it’s the same player image as Chicago 2016. 

Skull Keychain my fav thing
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,066
    hihobibo said:
     I dig the Ames Poseidon. Truth be told, I also like the Jackelope. The Klausen is also cool, and relates to his Wrigley one from 16, and is a landscape print instead of portrait. 
    Jackelope is great. I love the nod to the 89 Topps baseball design. Learned a while ago you have to see these in person to really judge. Especially Ames and those colors.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I am one of those people and guarantee you that will not be the case. What are you basing this off of?
    Not bashing anyone on here! Sometimes everyone gets disappointed when we first see the posters but once we get to the shows it kinda changes. I'm going to buy at least one because I'm super excited for these shows. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Not me.  I am on the other side of collecting and see it for what it is.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    I'll give Shuss credit tho.  A lot of us were sure it couldn't get any worse after Boston '16 and he came out and proved us wrong. 
    Post of the day!! Funny as hell. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TM307021TM307021 Raleigh, NC Posts: 42
    Klausen ticket concept is cool. With the change to mobile tix it’s like a giant ticket stub. And pairs with Chicago ‘16. 

Raleigh - 2003

MSG NYC 1&2 - 2016

Fenway 2 - 2016

Seattle 2 - 2018

Missoula - 2018

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    How's the line?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Someone help me understand something. Why do some have to come here just to say they hate something, or that it’s god awful and they won’t be buying anything? 

I guess the same could be said for me asking that question, but let’s just be thankful there’s some shows on us soil and hopefully some new music coming soon. 

I’m not trying to be grandiose here, I just get frustrated with all the negativity that’s spread around here regarding merch. 

• Options
    Because they might as well be Kiss now with all the focus on merch and not music.   It was fun getting a sticker and a poster, but now you have to stand in line three hours at a mall to get it.  7 days of merch.  Absolutely ridiculous. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,390
    Someone help me understand something. Why do some have to come here just to say they hate something, or that it’s god awful and they won’t be buying anything? 

I guess the same could be said for me asking that question, but let’s just be thankful there’s some shows on us soil and hopefully some new music coming soon. 

I’m not trying to be grandiose here, I just get frustrated with all the negativity that’s spread around here regarding merch. 

Have to balance out all the positivity lol. I think its fun to see reactions to art good, bad or otherwise. A thread full of positivity would be boring. 

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Out of the five posters, the Brad Klausen one does the most for me.  I understand and appreciate the Ames poster and its theme
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Out of the five posters, the Brad Klausen one does the most for me.  I understand and appreciate the Ames poster and its theme
    Same, I think the Klausen is a really great poster 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Because they might as well be Kiss now with all the focus on merch and not music.   It was fun getting a sticker and a poster, but now you have to stand in line three hours at a mall to get it.  7 days of merch.  Absolutely ridiculous. 
    100% agree.  This definitely isn't the pearl jam I grew up with (and before someone jumps down my throat I get that they changed blah blah blah).  I just wish they would put as much effort into writing music as they do with the merch.  
    Now we have people lining up for days to get rail and/or merch for a band that has written one song in 5 years.  

I'm gonna be happy as hell strolling into ga five minutes before they go on after spending a nice day with my wife in Chicago kid free.  If anything is left merchwise I'll probably get a t-shirt for my wife and maybe a sticker.  One thing I'll definitely pick up is the bootleg when it comes out.  
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    D-Rod said:
    demetrios said:

That looks awful. Wtf is up with his beard? Is that water supposed to represent the Mariners? Sharks playing baseball?
    It’s either a Davey Jones or Aquaman theme.    
    I first thought it was Randy Johnson hitting the bird but then I realized that it wasn't an explosion of feathers but was his beard...
    He also played for the Diamondbacks when that happened.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Switch the artists for me. I dig the Ames the most. Like the theme of the Klausen; not crazy about the art but it’s not bad by any means. The other three, meh.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Art is subjective. I would never knock someone for loving the Ames poster it is just not my taste or something I could/would hang on my wall. If someone loves all 5 posters all the power to them. I on the other hand am relieved and feel like I do not need to wait in line to get one. BK's and maybe Emeks may say differently when I get there but feel like I can score them no problem on here. 
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Is there a line yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    100% agree.  This definitely isn't the pearl jam I grew up with (and before someone jumps down my throat I get that they changed blah blah blah).  I just wish they would put as much effort into writing music as they do with the merch.  
    Now we have people lining up for days to get rail and/or merch for a band that has written one song in 5 years.  

I'm gonna be happy as hell strolling into ga five minutes before they go on after spending a nice day with my wife in Chicago kid free.  If anything is left merchwise I'll probably get a t-shirt for my wife and maybe a sticker.  One thing I'll definitely pick up is the bootleg when it comes out.  
    Yep.  These last three shows in Europe were all about the music for me and it was a blast.  Not concerned about where my seats were or getting to the venue at 9am to get in line for merch.  The shows were awesome and the band still kicks ass.  I'll get a poster at some point if I like one at some point.    Maybe I just don't have the free time to care so much about merch anymore. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Yep.  These last three shows in Europe were all about the music for me and it was a blast.  Not concerned about where my seats were or getting to the venue at 9am to get in line for merch.  The shows were awesome and the band still kicks ass.  I'll get a poster at some point if I like one at some point.    Maybe I just don't have the free time to care so much about merch anymore. 
    Awesome!!!!!  I share your thinking.  I would also like a poster from wrigley to accompany my fenway one but I'll wait until it hits the shop.  
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I wasn’t planning on buying anything. Having seen the photos of the merch, it will be an easy pass for me. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
This discussion has been closed.