The Pizza Thread

Comments

• H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I use fleischmann's yeast. The little jars are about 5$ and last a good while. I use this recipe loosely as a base for my dough and get 2 pies out of it.  I'd imagine to get 8 you'd have to make them quite small and thin.

Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    House for sale in my hometown: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2520-Bougainvillea-St-Sarasota-FL-34239/47487815_zpid/

I might need to play the lottery. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    dankind said:
    House for sale in my hometown: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2520-Bougainvillea-St-Sarasota-FL-34239/47487815_zpid/

I might need to play the lottery. 
    That pizza oven looks sweet.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I'm coming for a visit Dankind.  Beer and pizza!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Just had some chicken balsamic brick oven 12” here on Long Island 

this place always has perfect consistency and the best panko chicken cutlet I’ve had

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    CROJAM95 said:

this place always has perfect consistency and the best panko chicken cutlet I’ve had

Dude where on the island ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Thanks! This make 8 crusts?? Nice...I like that it's a thinner, crispier crust. Do you ever use fast rising yeast or is that a bad move?

^ And I appreciate the store bought dough suggestions Jose. I've gone that route a few times but I really want to nail making it from scratch. Something satisfying about creating the perfect pizza crust...
    No doubt I’ve never tried making my own any time you make anything from scratch is so satisfying..
    CROJAM95 said:

Fort Salonga
    fattuscos 

i bought a house in East Northport last September... moved from Farmingdale
    Next time I’ll take a pic before I smoke and dig in ;)

CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Fort Salonga
    fattuscos 

Damn I’m close I’m in Smithtown...dude got to get together sometime meet up eat pizza and smoke a J ...
    My in laws are having a huge bbq today.  My father in law is having everything from octopus to tripe to sausage rings to every type of pasta under the sun.  I'm sure I will gain a few pounds but it will be glorious.  
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Fort Salonga
    fattuscos 

Damn I’m close I’m in Smithtown...dude got to get together sometime meet up eat pizza and smoke a J ...

Love Smithtown.... I was looking there as well. Went to Insignia a few weeks back for a Birthday Dinner

sounds good on the pizza front, sometime this fall
    Branchinellis here in town make a good pie ...cool 
    Old place down the street, haven’t changed their decor in 40 years.  first time we tried it and it is awesome  had to stop short hence the pizza mess   e
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    mcgruff10 said:
    Old place down the street, haven’t changed their decor in 40 years.  first time we tried it and it is awesome  had to stop short hence the pizza mess   e
    Hell yeah! Looks like killer pie!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ That’s what I’m talking about! The square pie looks delicious. Regular cheese pizza? 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ That’s what I’m talking about! The square pie looks delicious. Regular cheese pizza? 
    Sicilian bud. Light, airy and crispy. Plain was great too. Yelp rates this place number one in our town. Cash only and no delivery, it is that kind of place. 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    mcgruff10 said:
    Boy that looks good!!!!  Sorry you had to stop short lol
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mcgruff10 said:

hilarious. short stop = all the pepperoni to one side.

”my side”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Sicilian bud. Light, airy and crispy. Plain was great too. Yelp rates this place number one in our town. Cash only and no delivery, it is that kind of place. 
    Holy F! “Light, airy and crispy.”  Sounds like heaven! I need to get a Sicilian pie, pronto! 
    Ordered pizza last night. We went half margherita and half white. Maybe it was just this place, but I didn’t like the white at all. Too much cheese with the ricotta topped with mozzarella. No more experimenting. I like sauce way too much. 

• LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rofl::lol:

In all seriousness, I salivated looking at the picture of the pizza in the link.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rofl::lol:

In all seriousness, I salivated looking at the picture of the pizza in the link.
    That's a tavern style thin crust in the pic!  Good shit!
    This just made my newsfeed....where's the best thin crust in Chicago?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaA5dNFrFMI
    ^ That was actually some funny shit. But man, does Jon Stewart have this so terribly, terribly wrong...
    bbiggs said:
    ^ That was actually some funny shit. But man, does Jon Stewart have this so terribly, terribly wrong...
    I know, deep dish is worse than he says it is!
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Oh man you’re gonna eat those words this weekend! 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

I love deep dish.

The crusty cheese on the edge and the chewy bites. Mmmmm.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Oh man you’re gonna eat those words this weekend! 
    OK, give me the best deep dish in the magnificent mile area.  Come on bud, I'm trusting you.  Make me a believer in the deep dish.