My new leg is made from my PJ t-shirt!!

2»

Comments

• lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

This is so cool - love stories like this. Hope you get your wish, and above all enjoy the show!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• CherylACherylA South Suburbs of Chicago Posts: 23
    That is awesome!
    Finally! Wrigley 2016, night 1 and night 2
  • dxjwarredxjwarre St George Posts: 15
    bleo said:
    Hey everyone. This is my wife's thread. There's so much to her story that I couldn't put it all here if I wanted. The part she doesn't tell you is that this was a life-long problem for her that progressively got worse. The decision to amputate obviously very difficult, and you can't help but admire that kind of Bravery.Her recovery has been amazing, to not just me but also to the doctors involved. She really is the strongest person I know and an inspiration to everyone around her, and through it all she never took off that beautiful smile. I am a very lucky man to have a woman like this in my life.
    I love you, Honey
    I couldn’t have done it without you by my side. You have been my rock and have been with through all the good and bad. Thank you for everything!  I love you and with all of my heart ❤️!!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    How many y'all related in this thread? :lol:
    Hobbes said:
    How many y'all related in this thread? :lol:
    Only 4
    dxjwarre said:
    I am super excited that I will be attending the home show in Seattle on Aug 8th with my husband of almost 25 years and my son who is 18!!  I am 43 years old and live in St George, Utah and can’t wsit to get to Seattle! This past year I had to make a difficult decision and had a below knee amputation on my left leg Nov. 30th, 2017. With being one of the most difficult decision in my life, today I now know that it was the right decision. I am super excited that today I got my new leg/socket and will wear it proudly every day and even better I get to walk into the Seattle show with it on!! The last 3 Pearl Jam shows that my husband and I attended were San Diego, Colorado and Chicago at Wrigley Field and I was in a black boot for all of the shows and happy not to be wearing it again and will wear my new prosthesis with a smile. I was unsure when we put in for our tickets if I would even be able to go, but with a great support team and my determination I will not only be going to the show but I will be dancing on 2 feet all night!! We have 8 people going to the show and only 4 of us get to sit near each other in the same section sadly but will still make it a great night. How awesome would it be to meet the band or even have my leg signed?  We could even pass it through the crowd to Eddie like it’s a bottle wine to his mom!!  We will be in section 117. Here’s to making my night even better!!!
    How many people out there can say they wear something with Pearl Jam on it everyday?  Meme mememememe!!  This is honestly the coolest prostheses I have ever seen. I get so excited every morning when I get to put it on. It turned out so incredibley awesome! Having it signed by Pearl Jam would make my day!  So please guys help me and get it up on stage!!! I will be in section 117 and my son will be sitting in section 244. We would love to sit together!!! 
    goldrush said:
    And the award for Best Thread Title Ever goes to... 

What an inspiring story, I hope you have a blast at the show!
    Thank you! 
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    dxjwarre said:
    What song does Peggy want to hear?
    She is not requesting a song, wants to hear them all!! Only requesting a signature from all four!!!!
    She doesn't want Boom?
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • awarren74awarren74 St. George, UT Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Meet the band, meet the band, meet the band!!!

PJWGIII said:
    dxjwarre said:
    What song does Peggy want to hear?
    She is not requesting a song, wants to hear them all!! Only requesting a signature from all four!!!!
    She doesn't want Boom?
    Of course she does, and I do as well!!  I really meant all 5!!
    awarren74 said:
    Meet the band, meet the band, meet the band!!!

That’s a great chant for the audience to help me out!!  Meet the band, meet the band, meet the band!  
    Wow, pretty amazing! Love your amazing spirit too!
    Have a blast at the shows! So happy that you will be there with your family.  

Thank you!!
  • awarren74awarren74 St. George, UT Posts: 3
    5 hours to go!!! Peggy, get ready!!! 
    I am here and still hoping for a signature on my bad ass leg or meet the band
    I had an amazing time at the Home show in Seattle the first night even though I didn’t get to meet the back it get my leg signed. Wishing I was going again tonight for another shot, but don’t have tickets. Thanks Pearl Jam for the amazing show!! 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    You are a hero and a great inspiration to all.. Bravo.. I have no words.. This is by far the best thread in a long time.. 
    Hats off to u girl
    Can we share this..? Thanks alot
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Congrats! 
    Any pics of the signed leg??
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

You are a hero and a great inspiration to all.. Bravo.. I have no words.. This is by far the best thread in a long time.. 
    Hats off to u girl
    Can we share this..? Thanks alot
    Share away!!!! The more that know about it the better

Congrats! 
    Any pics of the signed leg??
    Didn’t get it signed.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Kudos to you! :clap: Don't give up! :cowboy:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • KM228407KM228407 Posts: 56
    You need to get your leg signed!! I am on the other side of the pond praying this happens. You’re cool and strong and amazing lots and lots of love
  • raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    bravo. Love to see stories like this.

couple months ago went to a local bike run. I saw a bad ass lowrider style Harley and as I was looking at it saw a chicano war veteran sitting in the back of park . Just by looking at him I knew that was his sweet ride. When he got up he had both legs amputated below knee. Blew me away when he got on his Harley and rode away like nothing.
  • ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,190
    edited August 2018
    That is totally kickass!  Thanks for sharing your story :)