Are there really active attempts to normalize this behavior?

2»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I’d like the OP to explain how he heard about it and how he made such a leap. He didn’t just say, “is this legit.” He took it 100 steps further by asking if the one poster in one small town that was immediately removed by neighbors was, “an attempt at normalization.” I truly wonder about his sources of information if it’s so lacking in detail that he poses such a question that has leapt to what I think is his forgone conclusion. And he’s licensed to carry?
    I saw this poster, the same one posted on FB.

The person whom posted, my friend, took it as real and did not understand what was going on much like Unsung, so I'm not faulting him for that.

People see things and they react fast nowadays.  People should be outraged at such a thing but should also try and consider the source.

I looked at it and started reading people's reactions and they immediately started attacking the LGBTQ community thinking the rainbow was from them and this was a real movement.

I explained that this is 100% pure propaganda and there isn't a #hashtag or website to link it to ANY reputable LGBTQ organization and that it was purely an attempt to enrage people against LGBTQ's.  It was a poster designed to promote hate. 

Someone then linked a TEDx talk with a female medical student talking about Pedophilia and the rails went right off the tracks again...

This is how things can escalate quickly on the WWW.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited August 2018
    I’d like the OP to explain how he heard about it and how he made such a leap. He didn’t just say, “is this legit.” He took it 100 steps further by asking if the one poster in one small town that was immediately removed by neighbors was, “an attempt at normalization.” I truly wonder about his sources of information if it’s so lacking in detail that he poses such a question that has leapt to what I think is his forgone conclusion. And he’s licensed to carry?
    He won’t share his source for obvious reasons. Wouldn’t shock me if it originated in a Russian troll farm. 

Culture warrior nonsense from right wing crazies. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2018
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquisitr.com/5010009/james-woods-tweets-pedophiles-are-people-too-poster-some-call-it-an-alt-right-false-flag-operation/amp/

James Woods’ twitter account? No wonder Unsung wouldn’t  disclose where he found this.

Easy to see how the Russians are so easily manipulating right wingers
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquisitr.com/5010009/james-woods-tweets-pedophiles-are-people-too-poster-some-call-it-an-alt-right-false-flag-operation/amp/

James Woods’ twitter account? No wonder Unsung wouldn’t  disclose where he found this.

No wonder the Russians are so easily manipulating right wing nuts...
    Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquisitr.com/5010009/james-woods-tweets-pedophiles-are-people-too-poster-some-call-it-an-alt-right-false-flag-operation/amp/

Easy to see how the Russians are so easily manipulating right wingers
    James Woods, @unsung and @mcgruff10

What a trio.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Why are people so easily duped on social media and the internet is my question?

Wonder why memes became the propaganda tool of the day? Because research tells us that people tend to believe something that involves a picture... and therefore it's easier to manipulate people, or make your point, when using a picture with your propaganda

See above for evidence lol

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    my2hands said:

Wonder why memes became the propaganda tool of the day? Because research tells us that people tend to believe something that involves a picture... and therefore it's easier to manipulate people, or make your point, when using a picture with your propaganda

Yep.  Like I said above only my friend didn't pick it up from James Woods's tweet.

Shit spreads fast on the web.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482

The person whom posted, my friend, took it as real and did not understand what was going on much like Unsung, so I'm not faulting him for that.

People see things and they react fast nowadays.  People should be outraged at such a thing but should also try and consider the source.

I looked at it and started reading people's reactions and they immediately started attacking the LGBTQ community thinking the rainbow was from them and this was a real movement.

I explained that this is 100% pure propaganda and there isn't a #hashtag or website to link it to ANY reputable LGBTQ organization and that it was purely an attempt to enrage people against LGBTQ's.  It was a poster designed to promote hate. 

Someone then linked a TEDx talk with a female medical student talking about Pedophilia and the rails went right off the tracks again...

No excuse for ignorance, particularly if you want people to give you credibility. Again, the OP didn’t stop with “is this legit?”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    my2hands said:

Yep.  Like I said above only my friend didn't pick it up from James Woods's tweet.

Shit spreads fast on the web.
    And that shit spreading is fueled by fear, hate, ignorance, jealousy, and lies
    edited August 2018

No excuse for ignorance, particularly if you want people to give you credibility. Again, the OP didn’t stop with “is this legit?”

Probably because he didn't care if it was legit or not. Just like James Woods and his legions of right wing twitter trolls didn't care. They just wanted to spread this nonsense out to the world to discredit the LGBTQ community....much in the same way Russia managed to manipulate many minds 2 years ago and are doing so again today.

(btw--I know the question was rhetorical but I felt like answering anyway!)

chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.