Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I don't mind them...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    I was a fan of their first album.

I'm so tired of the hate for Creed and/or Nickelback - WE GET IT! YOU DONT LIKE THEM!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    LukinFan said:

I'm so tired of the hate for Creed and/or Nickelback - WE GET IT! YOU* DONT LIKE THEM!
    * As in most people.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    LukinFan said:

I'm so tired of the hate for Creed and/or Nickelback - WE GET IT! YOU* DONT LIKE THEM!
    * As in most people.
    In this forum, yes, but not otherwise.
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/01/25/nickelback-best-selling-band/
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    LukinFan said:

* As in most people.
    In this forum, yes, but not otherwise.
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/01/25/nickelback-best-selling-band/
    Thank you, I know that Nickelback sells.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    When I first heard my own prison, I thought it was Vedder.

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I gravitated towards them briefly when I was in my early teens because I liked how his voice sounded like Eddie's. I soon just stuck to Pearl Jam.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    LukinFan said:

I'm so tired of the hate for Creed and/or Nickelback - WE GET IT! YOU DONT LIKE THEM!
    It upsets you that people don't like two suck ass bands? Lol
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited July 2018
    I couldn't care less about Creed (though I feel bad for what's his name because he has some mental health and addiction issues last I heard). I don't understand why people hate them or any artist that didn't do anything specifically heinous or immoral. Same with Nickelback. And Justin Bieber. Just don't listen to them. I am personally just glad whoever their fans are have some music to enjoy. Not everyone has great taste. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    edited July 2018
    "Roadhouse Blues" Battle Royale!!!

Exhibit A: Jim Morrison
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-xUvX1SSMI

Exhibit B: Eddie Vedder
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1Q01K7qac

Exhibit C: Scott Stapp
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxeAOOr5dyw
    Post edited by thispureamericanriot on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    I'm not now, nor ever have been a Creed fan but I totally disagree with trashing a band, any band.  Why?  Is someone making you listen to music you don't like?  That would suck! But I doubt that's the case here.  Making music is a tough job.  Hours in the studio working hard to fine tune those songs.  Touring which, at least for most bands starting out means sleeping on someone's floor or some flea bag motel and eating whatever shitty food is served up in the dressing room. 

I'll no mince words here- I think putting down a band and the work they do is weak.  Surely there are better things to write or complain about, right?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I'm not now, nor ever have been a Creed fan but I totally disagree with trashing a band, any band.  Why?  Is someone making you listen to music you don't like?  That would suck! But I doubt that's the case here.  Making music is a tough job.  Hours in the studio working hard to fine tune those songs.  Touring which, at least for most bands starting out means sleeping on someone's floor or some flea bag motel and eating whatever shitty food is served up in the dressing room. 

I'll no mince words here- I think putting down a band and the work they do is weak.  Surely there are better things to write or complain about, right?
    +1
  • Options
    pljampljam Posts: 387
    If you listen to EASY STREET on HALF FULL I am pretty sure ED sings "life existed long before CREED " and Mikes pick slide a couple of seconds later sort of confirms it to me , 
    I have always thought that's what Ed sings on this version,it's sort of an Eddie thing to do as well ,giving his genius with song lyric sound a likes and twists
    Check it out 
  • Options
    I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO ACCEPT THAT AVRIL LAVIGNE MARRIED THE NICKELBACK-SINGER
  • Options
    I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO ACCEPT THAT AVRIL LAVIGNE MARRIED THE NICKELBACK-SINGER
    WHAT???  Well that does it, I'm killin' myself.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    I don’t care at all heck I don’t listen to PJ at all these days  , only new bands music for me ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    brianlux said:

somehow i knew this would be your response and you nailed it. TY  :)
    music is so personal. anyone ever feel offended when someone says, about your band, "oh they suck"? i have.
    no one's negative opinion should matter but yet it does. this is why i say live and let live
    way way too many bands/music that IS good so i just don't get why anyone would want to spew about anything other than great music.
    turn someone on. not off. is this what music fans should be doing? hell yes! imo
    if you KNOW what music does to YOU(goosebumps) then why would you ever say anything negative? cause there is someone out there that just so happens to love dearly what you don't like. there is room for everyone, except people who hate   ;)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited July 2018
    I don’t care at all heck I don’t listen to PJ at all these days  , only new bands music for me ...
    Ha, that's kind of where I'm at. I listen to PJ when it comes up on a playlist I've got set to random, but I don't often go out of my way to listen to PJ these days. I have a pretty complete PJ vinyl collection, but I might only throw one of their records on the turntable every couple months at this point... And it's not because I don't still love PJ. It's just that there is SO much other great music to be listening to and discovering. There is only so much time in the day, so I don't want to spend very much of it listening to music that I've already heard so much that it's burned into my brain........ I'm not spending any of that time listening to Creed either though, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianlux said:

somehow i knew this would be your response and you nailed it. TY  :)
    music is so personal. anyone ever feel offended when someone says, about your band, "oh they suck"? i have.
    no one's negative opinion should matter but yet it does. this is why i say live and let live
    way way too many bands/music that IS good so i just don't get why anyone would want to spew about anything other than great music.
    turn someone on. not off. is this what music fans should be doing? hell yes! imo
    if you KNOW what music does to YOU(goosebumps) then why would you ever say anything negative? cause there is someone out there that just so happens to love dearly what you don't like. there is room for everyone, except people who hate   ;)
    Nicely said, helplessdancer!

• Options
    Here's my take on Creed and this whole discussion. Yes, Scott Stapp is a bit "over-dramatic" and maudlin when singing some songs, but does that ruin it for me - no. Is he as talented as Eddie Vedder  - no way! but few are. I like about 20 songs from Creed (what's on my current playlist). Is Pearl Jam WAY BETTER than Creed - yes! Few bands are better than PJ, and maybe PJ are the best rock band around? That doesn't mean I don't enjoy listening to a few Creed songs every now and again. I like Stone Temple Pilots with Weiland, Bennington and whoever the most recent guy is. Is it guitar/bass/drums in the style of Zeppelin or the Beatles? Then I'm in! Billy Joel, Cindy Lauper, Creed, Beyonce, Pearl Jam, Miles Davis....it's all good!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278

That’s a pretty bad Weiland impression that Stapp is doing!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

That’s a pretty bad Weiland impression that Stapp is doing!
    LOL. Robby Krieger and Mark Tremonti might be the most unlikely guitar combo in the history of rock music too!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited August 2018
    brianlux said:

Agree 100%. Or better yet, write about something you love!

But since we're on the topic, I used to get the WBCN Naked Discs every year (naked = acoustic, you dirty people :lol: ) and on one of them was a FANTASTIC acoustic version of My Own Prison. That entire CD was amazing, I listened to it over and over and over and over and over again. I hope I still have the CDs. RIP WBCN :(

Oh, and Mark Tremonti :heart::heart:
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Because of this thread, I was actually looking for a copy of MOP on vinyl last night.  I guess it's never been pressed as I came up empty.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Brianlux... Helplessdancer... very nice positive words, seriously beautiful stuff!

But Creed still blows lol
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    my2hands said:
    Brianlux... Helplessdancer... very nice positive words, seriously beautiful stuff!

/\ my man isn’t wrong...

But if anyone here likes them...meh. No skin off my bones. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

/\ my man isn’t wrong...

But if anyone here likes them...meh. No skin off my bones. 
    I know you guys are kidding (kind of, haha!) and I get it that we all have certain music that really, really doesn't work for us. I could name some music that would make my head explode, but what I'm suggesting is that why not just say, "That's just not my thing.  If it works for you, fine but please just don't play it when I'm in the house or car or whatever." 

Think of it this way, if someone didn't like your work or creative hobby or whatever, would it come across better and maybe even encourage you to do better if someone says, "Oh shit, man, that sucks" or "Hey, look, no offense, but that's just not my thing, but good for you for doing it."

I'm thinking of my music memoir, for example.  I gave it my best shot.  Compared to almost any music book by Nat Hentoff, Robert Palmer, Peter Guralnick, Greil Marcus, John Lydon, Robert Christgau, Amiri Baraka (aka, LeRoi Jones), Michael Azerrad, Lester Bangs, Legs McNeil, Patti Smith, Charles R. Cross, (just to name some of the best), my book just isn't that good.  So far (as far as I know), nobody has said, "That book Lux wrote sucks", or "That guy can't write for shit."  I hope those who don't like my book are, at the worst, saying things like, "Well it ain't that good but at least he did it". 

That's how I feel about music I don't care for:  "Well what the hell, it's not my thing at all but at least they got into the studio and did it.  That more than I've done"

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    ^^^ good stuff Brian

Maybe all of us haters should post a video of ourselves singing a song we wrote and let everyone here "critique" it. It might give a little perspective.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    I can’t take a guitar player seriously who rocks a soul patch, silk shirt, spikey hair, and some hot topic type jewelry round his neck at all times.... every lead guitar player in any. And  I would think can hold their own a little bit, so what... he’s not breaking any mold.

• Options
    ^^^ good stuff Brian

Maybe all of us haters should post a video of ourselves singing a song we wrote and let everyone here "critique" it. It might give a little perspective.
    Nice thought, ;) This goes beyond our like/dislike for Creed or any band now. Just try to be positive about what we love - music!
This discussion has been closed.