***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Went in Toronto last week and because of traffic didn’t make the pop up shop, or get to the venue before 7:20 (part way through the 2nd opening band’s set) and at that time they still had both posters availabile.  Good luck and enjoy the show.
  • DP79321DP79321 Posts: 23
    edited July 2018
    Have an extra pair for Saturday at Fenway. Turf A7 row 9.
    Face value $250.  Can meet in Boston area

PM me

Sold
    Post edited by DP79321 on
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Woot Woot!!

The foil is #d to 40!!

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    edited July 2018
    The foos have had some great posters this tour. 
  • Redrumh2o said:
    Woot Woot!!

The foil is #d to 40!!

That foil one is awesome! Nice score.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Redrumh2o said:
    Woot Woot!!

The foil is #d to 40!!

That foil one is awesome! Nice score.
    The Green Monster, awesome poster!
    No automatic alt text available
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • ^^^

Agreed on Green Monster
    I went to both Fenway nights and was a little disappointed that both nights were basically the same, except for the middle solo parts. Even some of the jokes, comments, and punchlines were exactly the same. In the future I would probably only go to one night. They have such a large catalog, was hoping for some of the "secondary" hits from the first 2 albums.....also they stretch some songs out to like 8-10 minutes. 24 songs in 3 hours.....I saw the pixies last week and they did close to 30 in 75 min :)

Still a fun show and I love how the live songs are usually much harder than the album

https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/foo-fighters-bd6893a.html
    edited July 2018
    I also got this one.......there was one like this for each night but I liked this one the best

I missed out on this one as I did not want to purchase it in the downpours and have it potentially get ruined so I will shoot for a variant when they drop, although I like it the least.....too generic and no baseball/Fenway reference. Looks lore like a G&R poster. I like when posters have some form of relation to the venue/event. Would have made for a better Wrigley one if they changed the flowers into green ivy!

Post edited by Redrumh2o on
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Are posters available at the pop up shops?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    The weekend ones were only available at the Pop Up shop.....the night specific will be at the official team stores inside and out (I assume you are asking for Wrigley?)
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    Redrumh2o said:
    I also got this one.......there was one like this for each night but I liked this one the best

I missed out on this one as I did not want to purchase it in the downpours and have it potentially get ruined so I will shoot for a variant when they drop, although I like it the least.....too generic and no baseball/Fenway reference. Looks lore like a G&R poster. I like when posters have some form of relation to the venue/event. Would have made for a better Wrigley one if they changed the flowers into green ivy!

I grabbed that green poster on Saturday night, I love it. 
  • sp1984sp1984 New Hampshire Posts: 140
    Redrumh2o said:
    I went to both Fenway nights and was a little disappointed that both nights were basically the same, except for the middle solo parts. Even some of the jokes, comments, and punchlines were exactly the same. In the future I would probably only go to one night. They have such a large catalog, was hoping for some of the "secondary" hits from the first 2 albums.....also they stretch some songs out to like 8-10 minutes. 24 songs in 3 hours.....I saw the pixies last week and they did close to 30 in 75 min :)

Still a fun show and I love how the live songs are usually much harder than the album

Went to Sunday night (went to Janelle Monae on Saturday). Heard the same things from peeps around us who went to both nights. Hubs and I had looked up the setlists prior to Sunday's show and created a Spotify playlist with the order of the songs. The setlist was pretty close to what we expected. 
    Would see them again, but agreed -- only one night of a multi-night stand since there wasn't much variety. 

Love watching Dave rock out though. 
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Redrumh2o said:
    The weekend ones were only available at the Pop Up shop.....the night specific will be at the official team stores inside and out (I assume you are asking for Wrigley?)
    Yes. Thanks for the info!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Going to the Monday Wrigley show. Could someone tell me what time they got on stage at Fenway? I know there are two openers and it says the show starts at 7. Safe to say 8:30 is when they go on?
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    mschostok said:
    Going to the Monday Wrigley show. Could someone tell me what time they got on stage at Fenway? I know there are two openers and it says the show starts at 7. Safe to say 8:30 is when they go on?
    Foo was scheduled to go on @ 7:30 (as per their twitter feed earlier in the day)- the actual start time was 7:35. 

I would pay attention to their social media the day of the show, they usually post the info by early afternoon. 
  • AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    I am looking to sell or trade 3 Wrigley night 2 tickets for night 1 tickets. PM me if you want to buy or trade I’ll be in Chicago Saturday! 
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    mschostok said:

Watch their twitter account the day of show. They always post start times for the opening bands and themselves.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    The Sunday poster was AMAZING. We ended up buying both the regular and the foil versions.

sp1984 said:
    Redrumh2o said:

Went to Sunday night (went to Janelle Monae on Saturday). Heard the same things from peeps around us who went to both nights. Hubs and I had looked up the setlists prior to Sunday's show and created a Spotify playlist with the order of the songs. The setlist was pretty close to what we expected. 
    Would see them again, but agreed -- only one night of a multi-night stand since there wasn't much variety. 

Love watching Dave rock out though. 

Hey, my wife and I did the exact same thing. Right down to the playlist... Wait... Ohhhh... :blush: Guess I should read user names a little more closely! :)
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Bec88Bec88 Posts: 9
    I saw the Foos for the first time in London, the same week as PJ N1 - they were brilliant but such a different vibe to PJ gigs! 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Redrumh2o said:

good summary....I checked setlists online before we saw them in Noblesville last night and noticed they were doing the same show each night.  They make some of the song transitions seem spontaneous but it's obvious they aren't.

I don't know how Dave can maintain his voice.  Dude can bring that scream all night long.

The 8-10 minute songs were tedious.  I'm actually a little soured at the Foo right now due to the repetitive shows.  I can't imagine that Pat is happy with that....he sure didn't look all that enthused last night.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Redrumh2o said:

good summary....I checked setlists online before we saw them in Noblesville last night and noticed they were doing the same show each night.  They make some of the song transitions seem spontaneous but it's obvious they aren't.

I don't know how Dave can maintain his voice.  Dude can bring that scream all night long.

The 8-10 minute songs were tedious.  I'm actually a little soured at the Foo right now due to the repetitive shows.  I can't imagine that Pat is happy with that....he sure didn't look all that enthused last night.
    Didn't he have problems with his voice this very tour...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    Redrumh2o said:

I agree with the tedious part. My friend commented after the Cleveland show that FF were turning into a jam band. Other than that, we had an awesome time. Yeah, it was totally a greatest hits show but that's what most people (not uber fans) pay to see.  
    I'm through with screaming
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Redrumh2o said:

I agree with the tedious part. My friend commented after the Cleveland show that FF were turning into a jam band. Other than that, we had an awesome time. Yeah, it was totally a greatest hits show but that's what most people (not uber fans) pay to see.  
    It's also why I see the F.F.  ever 2 or 3 tours.   Great show, but like U2/Metallica the setlist doesn't seem to vary too much from tour to tour.  I'm pretty happy seeing them every once an a while (including this year). 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    yeah that's a good take....I saw them in October, stage was a little different the other night but pretty much same show
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • But so fun this band. The setlist might not vary a ton, but the shows are great, the music is still awesome, and it's way funner being there than not.
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    Redrumh2o said:

Didn't he have problems with his voice this very tour...
    Yeah, when he was sick.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
    But so fun this band. The setlist might not vary a ton, but the shows are great, the music is still awesome, and it's way funner being there than not.
    Oh for sure a fun three hours. Plus, Dave's daughter is singing back up and you can tell he's just so damn proud. 
  • sp1984sp1984 New Hampshire Posts: 140
    But so fun this band. The setlist might not vary a ton, but the shows are great, the music is still awesome, and it's way funner being there than not.
    Oh for sure a fun three hours. Plus, Dave's daughter is singing back up and you can tell he's just so damn proud. 
    Not sure if it's every night, but she was acting all embarrassed when he was singing her praises at Fenway. Just goes to show that you can be a cool rockstar dad and your kids STILL think you're lame.  =)
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
    sp1984 said:
    Not sure if it's every night, but she was acting all embarrassed when he was singing her praises at Fenway. Just goes to show that you can be a cool rockstar dad and your kids STILL think you're lame.  =)
    haha yes she was pretty shy/embarrassed. I was pleasantly surprised to see she looked/dressed her age.