Do you like Sirens

13»

Comments

• No!
    Pap said:
    Check out the version from Milton Keynes 2014. :wink:
    i think the delivery throughout the europe 2014 tour was good but the audience interaction especially for the outro made it excellent. that aside, the solo still kills me. i feel more "every rose has its thorn" or "i remember you" hair band ballad that completely turns me off. 
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    No!
    I skip it or change the station whenever it comes on.  It rivals parachutes as their worst song IMO.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    No!
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Count me as a definite no. This is one of the few PJ songs that I really don't like to the point where I change the station whenever it's on PJ Radio. The other one is Yellow Ledbetter. 
    Yeah, it's bad when it comes on the radio, particularly when I'm in the company of someone else who knows what a big PJ fan I am. I find it rather embarrassing. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    No!
    I find it a shame that if/when any future Greatest Hits album gets released, alongside classics like Alive, Animal, Corduroy, etc we'll see Sirens (and Last Kiss...and Just Breathe)
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    edited July 2018
    No!
    Give a little bit by REO Speedwagon... Try to unhear that every time you listen to Sirens from now on.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    No!

reminds me a Queensryche ballad.

and the only thing worse than the solo was the solo in Cinci 2014 when Mike's guitar was out of tune.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Yes!
    lolobugg said:

and the only thing worse than the solo was the solo in Cinci 2014 when Mike's guitar was out of tune.

And the only thing worse than that was when they played the opening notes of Parachutes.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    No!
    lolobugg said:

And the only thing worse than that was when they played the opening notes of Parachutes.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. that was great!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

No!
    lolobugg said:

I love Parachutes, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited July 2018
    No!
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:

I love Parachutes, lol.
    Me too. There should be no comparison of Parachutes or YLB to the embarrassing dreck that is Sirens
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    It's so-so
    ^^^hahaha and just breathe I bet.  =)
    She loves that one too!! lol 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    It's so-so
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:

I love Parachutes, lol.
    Talk about a snooze fest. Ugh.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Yes!
    I've never understood the hate for this song.  Actually this poll is turning out to be more "pro" Sirens than I'd have guessed.

Then again, my pee-break is the nine-minute slog known as "Black."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    No!
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:

I love Parachutes, lol.
    Nothing that charming can be boring, haha. ;)
    No!
    OnWis97 said:
    I've never understood the hate for this song.  Actually this poll is turning out to be more "pro" Sirens than I'd have guessed.

Then again, my pee-break is the nine-minute slog known as "Black."
    Nooooooo!!!!! ;-)
  • ParityParity Posts: 18
    No!
    Beer/toilet break song... aka NO! ;)
    No!
    Parity said:
    Beer/toilet break song... aka NO! ;)
    Those lines get long during this song! 

No!
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:

I love Parachutes, lol.
    Parachutes > Sirens, though.
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    No!
    PJ_Soul said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Count me as a definite no. This is one of the few PJ songs that I really don't like to the point where I change the station whenever it's on PJ Radio. The other one is Yellow Ledbetter. 
    Yeah, it's bad when it comes on the radio, particularly when I'm in the company of someone else who knows what a big PJ fan I am. I find it rather embarrassing. :lol:
    Same here! They're thinking "Did you really just turn off Pearl Jam"? Um, yeah, sadly I did.....LOL
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
    No!
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Seeing this made me so happy. You get it.
    Thank you for the compliment!  ;)
    No!
    rummy said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Just curious: To those of you who currently dislike Yellow Ledbetter, have you always felt this way about the song?

Yeah, I don't recall a time when I ever particularly liked the song. I guess you could say I tolerated it for a fair amount of time, but after listening to a ton of PJ Radio in the car it seems like I always hear it. I can't take it anymore! LOL  :o
    No!
    ZeldaZonk said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Same here! They're thinking "Did you really just turn off Pearl Jam"? Um, yeah, sadly I did.....LOL
    The (predicted) next Pearl Jam Greatest Hits release:
    1. Even Flow
    2. Alive
    3. Jeremy
    4. Black
    5. Animal
    6. Daughter 
    7. Small Town
    8. RVM
    9. Better Man
    10. Corduroy 
    11. Hail Hail
    12. Given To Fly
    13. Do the Evolution
    14. Lady Kiss (ugh!)
    15. The Fixer (no!!!!)
    16. Just Breathe (blah)
    17. Sirens (gag)
    18. Yellow Ledbetter (meh)
    No!
    ZeldaZonk said:

I think we did!   =)
  • JbombergerJbomberger Lincoln Posts: 17
    Yes!
    It grew on me over time. I really enjoy it live!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    No!
    Not particularly.  It's occured to me that maybe it would sound better under a different arrangement.   It always felt like the vocals were buried on it (or maybe layered, or blended with the backing vocals).   Maybe less instruments, ed's raw vocals, and acoustic would make it better.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    Yes!
    A vocal minority it seems ;)
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Yes!
    It's not the typical Pearl Jam song. They don't generally write ballad-ish song with catchy choruses. I think that's why a lot of fans here hate the song. That said, if you do like that type of song, it is a really good song and well written. My wife loves it too.
    No!
    Sarava said:
    It's not the typical Pearl Jam song. They don't generally write ballad-ish song with catchy choruses. I think that's why a lot of fans here hate the song. That said, if you do like that type of song, it is a really good song and well written. My wife loves it too.
    I often like that type song... just not when it sucks. =);)