Missoula show- Hiking Glacier National Park

We will be driving from Seattle to Missoula on Saturday, August 11.    Two PJ buddies and I want to do some hiking at Glacier.  I want to do the Grinnell trail but my two friends may not be up for a 10 mile hike.  I would be doing this hike on Sunday, August 12.   Is anyone interested?   Any other suggestions from locals or others who are familiar with Glacier?  
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi

Comments

• ratonesratones Posts: 161
    That looks pretty cool: http://www.hikinginglacier.com/grinnell-glacier.htm
    I'd be down for that!

I'll PM you so we can arrange the details.
  • Olea111Olea111 Posts: 14
    edited May 2018
    I am looking for a ride from Seattle to Glacier and then Missoula. I can pitch in for gas, etc.... and can get my own hotel room and such.... My wife and I are flying to Seattle for the two shows, then she is flying back home. I am planning to hit Glacier to hike (would love to do the Grinnell trail) and then the show in MT, then back home to Chicago just in time for the Wrigley shows! I also have an extra Tenclub GA ticket for Missoula.... 

Raleigh, North Carolina (August 18, 1992)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 24, 2009)
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre (September 04, 2011)
    Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013)
    Moline, IL (October 17, 2014)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Post edited by Olea111 on
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Olea111 said:
    I am looking for a ride from Seattle to Glacier and then Missoula. I can pitch in for gas, etc.... and can get my own hotel room and such.... My wife and I are flying to Seattle for the two shows, then she is flying back home. I am planning to hit Glacier to hike (would love to do the Grinnell trail) and then the show in MT, then back home to Chicago just in time for the Wrigley shows! I also have an extra Tenclub GA ticket for Missoula.... 

Raleigh, North Carolina (August 18, 1992)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 24, 2009)
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre (September 04, 2011)
    Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013)
    Moline, IL (October 17, 2014)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
     I pm'd you.  
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    ratones said:
    That looks pretty cool: http://www.hikinginglacier.com/grinnell-glacier.htm
    I'd be down for that!

I'll PM you so we can arrange the details.
    Are you still planning on hiking?    We will be starting early Sunday morning.   This is high season for the park and parking will be full by early morning I hear.  

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I plan on going to Glacier next summer ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Can anyone recommend any quick hikes (under 2-3 hours) at Glacier?