The Idiot Thread

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Apparently everyone  has jumped on this  guy while the truth is that he had gotten the kid a ball earlier  in the game. Had helped others get balls earlier in the game. And now the kid has a ball autographed by Javy  Baez.....

• Apparently everyone  has jumped on this  guy while the truth is that he had gotten the kid a ball earlier  in the game. Had helped others get balls earlier in the game. And now the kid has a ball autographed by Javy  Baez.....

This is how we roll.

The optics presented poorly. Lesson learned on my part.

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Black bear charges at woman in Alberta

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/black-bear-charges-at-woman-in-alberta-1.4024595

A small part of me wish the bears would take these morons down hard ... a good swat upside the head should send the message to the idiots.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

A small part of me wish the bears would take these morons down hard ... a good swat upside the head should send the message to the idiots.
    Wow.  The amount of idiots I saw at yellowstone could
    fill Madison square garden. People need to respect wildlife. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

I would have loved to see that bear pounce on her...you are a complete idiot if you do not respect a bears space...

Both time I was in the Canadian Rockies you'd see people taking selfies with bears and other animals.  Fucking Idiots...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mcgruff10 said:

I would have loved to see that bear pounce on her...you are a complete idiot if you do not respect a bears space...

Both time I was in the Canadian Rockies you'd see people taking selfies with bears and other animals.  Fucking Idiots...
    I remember talking with the rangers at Yellowstone and they told me that had people who put their kids on top of a freaking bison in order to take a picture. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I remember talking with the rangers at Yellowstone and they told me that had people who put their kids on top of a freaking bison in order to take a picture. 
    A bison.  Holy fuck.  I saw Bison last year for the first time in Elk Island National Park.  They just look nasty.  They do not come across as friendly...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

When I lived in Banff there were always a ton of elk all over the place, both in town and outside of town. Daily I would see tourists acting like morons around them, getting photos, trying to pet them and shit... all this despite so many signs warning against it and pointing out the dangers. Elk, especially during rutting season, are deadly animals. Finally I saw some of these idiots allowing their dog to harass one of them, and they thought it was quite amusing. I'm sure the dog owners got a big dose of reality when the elk stomped their dog to death right in front of them. Obviously I felt terrible and so angry and horrified on behalf of the dog, but I felt absolutely no pity for its owners.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Clueless people.

Not only do they not respect wildlife in the manner demanded... there are fools that simply cannot understand habitat and terrain that need to be respected.

Earlier in the year, in a two week span, emergency rescue teams had to save hikers who decided they were going to scale cliffs despite no experience scaling cliffs, signs everywhere saying 'don't scale the cliffs', and repeated news stories of people stuck in the cliffs.

Geezuz people. Seriously? Are you that dumb?
    edited July 2018
    Clueless people.

Not only do they not respect wildlife in the manner demanded... there are fools that simply cannot understand habitat and terrain that need to be respected.

Earlier in the year, in a two week span, emergency rescue teams had to save hikers who decided they were going to scale cliffs despite no experience scaling cliffs, signs everywhere saying 'don't scale the cliffs', and repeated news stories of people stuck in the cliffs.

Yeah, and i'm sure you see the news about all those people who keep swimming in waterfall pools near Vancouver and getting swept off the edge and killed, despite all kinds of signs specifically warning against it because it can kill you. In some cases they even climb over a marked fence to stupidly die. I think there have been 6 deaths just from that in the immediate area so far this summer.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I used to live in the Mountains in Colorado with bears in my backyard and on my street all the time.
    Not once did I feel the need to feed  them or take a picture with them.
    Nor did I attempt it with any of the other wildlife....deer, elk, moose, foxes, mountain lions, eagles, etc
    My dog wanted to play with them but that's  a different issue.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Clueless people.

Yeah, and i'm sure you see the news about all those people who keep swimming in waterfall pools near Vancouver and getting swept off the edge and killed, despite all kinds of signs specifically warning against it because it can kill you. In some cases they even climb over a marked fence to stupidly die. I think there have been 6 deaths just from that in the immediate area so far this summer.
    Is it Lynn Canyon where young people drown every year?

In North Van, where they do those ridiculous leaps into those tiny pools you speak of?
    edited July 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Clueless people.

Is it Lynn Canyon where young people drown every year?

In North Van, where they do those ridiculous leaps into those tiny pools you speak of?
    Yup, Lynn Canyon takes a ton of lives, and every one of them is a result of ignoring posted signs and people thinking "it can't happen to me". It also happens at Golden Ears sometimes, and various other places surrounding metro Van with similar conditions. I actually saw one of these idiot families at the falls at Golden Ears a couple years ago. It was a mom, dad, and a young child, like barely a toddler. And there's dad fucking walking his toddler around to the edge of the falls on the slippery rocks, and there's mom taking a dip in one of those pools with the undertow. I couldn't fucking believe my eyes. Me and my mom actually tried to say something to them, but it fell on completely deaf ears. No deaths that day, but only because they were lucky idiots.
    My dad taught me at an early age you have to repspect all aspects of the outdoors or else it could seriously mess you up.  Such idiots out there. 

Four-year-old girl eats 15 pieces of edible marijuana product, police say

https://nationalpost.com/news/four-year-old-girl-eats-15-pieces-of-edible-marijuana-product-police?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#comments-area

Father of the year...who leave marijuana infused edibles within reach of a 4 year old???
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Transport truck driver charged after reversing on westbound 401, injuring two
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/hwy-401-collision-puce-road-1.4755299

Another fucking idiot semi driver from Brampton again.  Every week a driver from Brampton is causing accidents on 401 ... they are a fucking menace.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited July 2018

https://nationalpost.com/news/four-year-old-girl-eats-15-pieces-of-edible-marijuana-product-police?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#comments-area

Father of the year...who leave marijuana infused edibles within reach of a 4 year old???
    Yeah, pretty dumb on the parent's part. I'm going to guess he/they just never thought about the kid finding it in the car console .... Good think it was just weed though. The kid is fine. Terrible that a little kid had to feel that rotten for a while, but thank goodness you can't actually OD on weed.
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, pretty dumb on the parent's part. I'm going to guess he/they just never thought about the kid finding it in the car console .... Good think it was just weed though. The kid is fine. Terrible that a little kid had to feel that rotten for a while, but thank goodness you can't actually OD on weed.
    That's the other concerning thing.  The edibles were in the car.  Does he consume and drive.  I sure hope not.  I agree, thankfully it was just weed and not a bottle of opioids with the childs reach...
    Give Peas A Chance…

A California DMV employee who napped at work every day for 3 hours cost the state at least $40,000

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/california-dmv-employee-napped-every-193200185.html

Talk about falling asleep on the job.

Department of Motor Vehicles employee is reportedly suffering a rude awakening after a state audit found she was taking three-hour naps at work every day for four years, SFGate.com reported.

The unnamed data operator will reportedly not be disciplined because the infractions weren't documented properly.

She also may have a medical condition that prompted her to sleep at work. The Sacramento Bee reported that the employees' doctor told her employer that she "could not perform the duties the job required" back in 2016. The DMV responded by transferring her to her current role, but the naps didn't stop.

Health issues like depression, sleep apnea, celiac disease, narcolepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, anemia, and insomnia can leave people feeling drowsy during the day.

The dozing amounted to 2,200 hours of work time between February 2014 and December 2017, and cost the state of California at least $40,000.

According to SFGate.com, the employee processed an average of 200 documents a day, while her colleagues were able to get through 560 documents a day. It's possible the employee's naps also contributed to the increasingly harrowing wait times at California's DMV.

The department's website said that a trip to the DMV sans appointment takes an average of four hours and 10 minutes in Sacramento, four hours in San Francisco, three hours and 11 minutes in San Jose, three hours and 10 minutes in Oakland, and two hours and 42 minutes in Los Angeles. 

All that being said, the concept of sleeping in the office is actually becoming less taboo in some places.

The New York Times ran a piece advising work time nappers to "apologize to no one," although sleep research Dr. Sara Mednick told the paper that 20 to 60 minutes will suffice. A University of Pennsylvania study found that older people who napped for 30 to 90 minutes in the afternoon experienced a notable cognitive boost.

But snooze at your desk at your own risk.

mcgruff10 said:

A California DMV employee who napped at work every day for 3 hours cost the state at least $40,000

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/california-dmv-employee-napped-every-193200185.html

Talk about falling asleep on the job.

Department of Motor Vehicles employee is reportedly suffering a rude awakening after a state audit found she was taking three-hour naps at work every day for four years, SFGate.com reported.

The unnamed data operator will reportedly not be disciplined because the infractions weren't documented properly.

She also may have a medical condition that prompted her to sleep at work. The Sacramento Bee reported that the employees' doctor told her employer that she "could not perform the duties the job required" back in 2016. The DMV responded by transferring her to her current role, but the naps didn't stop.

Health issues like depression, sleep apnea, celiac disease, narcolepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, anemia, and insomnia can leave people feeling drowsy during the day.

The dozing amounted to 2,200 hours of work time between February 2014 and December 2017, and cost the state of California at least $40,000.

According to SFGate.com, the employee processed an average of 200 documents a day, while her colleagues were able to get through 560 documents a day. It's possible the employee's naps also contributed to the increasingly harrowing wait times at California's DMV.

The department's website said that a trip to the DMV sans appointment takes an average of four hours and 10 minutes in Sacramento, four hours in San Francisco, three hours and 11 minutes in San Jose, three hours and 10 minutes in Oakland, and two hours and 42 minutes in Los Angeles. 

All that being said, the concept of sleeping in the office is actually becoming less taboo in some places.

The New York Times ran a piece advising work time nappers to "apologize to no one," although sleep research Dr. Sara Mednick told the paper that 20 to 60 minutes will suffice. A University of Pennsylvania study found that older people who napped for 30 to 90 minutes in the afternoon experienced a notable cognitive boost.

But snooze at your desk at your own risk.

Are those wait times real?? Seems excessive.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Seems more like the employee's boss is the real idiot. How did they not notice that for so long?
    follow up:

Last night, Glacier National Park rangers apprehended Raymond Reinke, age 55, from Pendleton, Oregon. Reinke was wanted following an incident earlier this week at Yellowstone National Park when he was captured on video harassing a bison. On July 28, he was arrested by law enforcement rangers at Grand Teton National Park for a drunk and disorderly conduct incident. Read the full story at http://go.nps.gov/q7xxuc.

Visitors are reminded that harassing wildlife is illegal in all national parks. Respect these wild animals--remain 100 yards from bears and wolves, and 25 yards from other wildlife including bison, elk, and moose.

• I was kind of disappointed the goofball didn't take a serious shitkicking from the bison.

I mean... he definitely was asking for one. The fact that he didn't get the shit stomped out of him tells me that- definitively and without question- there is no god.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I was rooting for the bison, 100%

Marine Accused Of Marching At Charlottesville Rally Kicked Out Of Service

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marine-accused-marching-charlottesville-rally-230224205.html

U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Vasillios Pistolis has been kicked out of the service 11 months after allegedly demonstrating with white supremacists at last summer’s deadly “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

“The Marine Corps’ stance on membership in extremist or hate groups remains the same: there is no place for racial hatred or extremism in the Marine Corps,” Major Brian Block wrote in a statement to The Daily News, a North Carolina newspaper. The Marine Corps did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.

Pistolis was assigned to the 2nd Marine Logistics group at North Carolina’s Camp Lejeune. Marine Corps Times reported that he was booted from the service July 11.

The Marine Corps opened an investigation into Pistolis’ behavior after ProPublica and PBS’ “Frontline” jointly identified him in early May as one of several members of neo-Nazi organizations who also serve in the military. The report earned support from Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) in the form of a letter urging Defense Secretary James Mattis to take action.

All branches of the U.S. military prohibit members from belonging to extremist groups.

“Our strength is derived from the individual excellence of every Marine regardless of background,” Block’s statement continued. “Bigotry and racial extremism run contrary to our core values.”

Pistolis allegedly bragged online about assaulting counterprotesters, describing a flag soaked in blood that he noted was not his own. On Aug. 12, 2017, he allegedly wrote: “Today cracked 3 skulls open with virtually no damage to myself.” The same day, a car driven by an alleged alt-right supporter rammed into a crowd of anti-racist counterprotesters, killing 32-year-old Heather Heyer. James Alex Fields Jr. has been accused of killing Heyer.

Before his departure, Pistolis was sentenced to 28 days behind bars, ProPublica reported in June, after a low-level military court convicted him on charges of disobeying orders and making false statements. His pay was also docked.

Pistolis is allegedly a member of the Traditionalist Worker Party and the Atomwaffen Division, two militant alt-right groups. Atomwaffen members have been charged in five murders and a bomb plot in the past year and a half.

According to Marine Corps Times, two other Marines, Sgt. Michael Chesny and Staff Sgt. Joseph Manning, were similarly removed from the service in 2017 for ties to white supremacist groups.

• "My brain's a good brain!"
  • MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    Incredible restraint shown, dirt bag should have been dropped. Send him home in the cargo hold.
    A missionary? What church is that drunk loser associated with?