The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    I think it's driving up the price. My guess is someone from Baltimore (Dan Duquette or someone working from him) leaked it to the media insiders to get others like the Dodgers, Brewers to up the ante. I'd rather see the Yankees focus on addressing starting pitcher through one notable name or by depth additions either before July 31 or during the waiver period in August.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    edited July 2018
    can't lose 2 game to Baltimore
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I’d put drury at first and demote bird. Trade for pitching. Unless they’re concerned about sanchez, they’re good
    I’m an idiot 
    One more hit for Stanton and one more out fot Judge and Stanton will pass him in avg. or maybe tied. 
    I miss igotid88
    Atta boy hicks. What an at bat 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    So all this talk about the Yanks getting Machado.

Do the yanks really want him?  

I don't think they need him and I think he'd be a poor fit in the clubhouse.

Thoughts?
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Thoughts?
    I think it would be foolish for any team not to want the talent, even though I think he is an ass. They definitely need pitching more and I hope they aren't considering giving up a lot of our young talent to get him.

Thoughts?
    I think it would be foolish for any team not to want the talent, even though I think he is an ass. They definitely need pitching more and I hope they aren't considering giving up a lot of our young talent to get him.
    I made my thoughts known.  Obviously makes this team better, but if you want him, sign him 2 months later.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Thoughts?
    I made my thoughts known.  Obviously makes this team better, but if you want him, sign him 2 months later.
    Yes 

Thoughts?
    I still don't think you need him though.

Thoughts?
    When have the Yankees ever been about need.

I like andujar but I don’t think he’s long term. Feel like he has a little Nunez in him 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I definitely don’t want machado
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Jays better hold onto this lead
    edited July 2018
    Cashman is no dummy but ghosts of cliff lee past better not get him into a bidding war with the Phillies over machado. Just let him go there and back up a truck of money in two months. I still think there is no need to pay $30 mil for machado when you have 2 big league 3rd baseman but who knows.

Much much much prefer them to go after Hamels and happ. Get both before machado.
    Tyler clippard is fucking trash and I hate him
    Terrible strike zone tonight for both sides
    Anyone outside of Torres to get DeGrom. Go all in
    Yanks out on Machado.  Good.  Would have taken Frazier or Sheffield.  No, f'ing, thanks.  

DeGrom on the other hand...

Also, I get the Yanks may be interested in Machado in the offseason, but I'm kinda out on that one too.  Granted, Judge-Stanton-Machado would be insane, buuuut, is the difference between Andujar (or Drury) worth something like $30 mil.  I say no. Need pitching. Keep the flexibility.  First time this team has had legit flexibility in a looooong time.  Great core, all the money in the world.  Use it for real needs.
    The pitching beyond deGrom and the Mets other starting pitchers and I guess to some extent Happ is underwhelming
    Among pitchers on losing teams/out of it:
    BAL - Dylan Bundy, Kevin Gausman, Alex Cobb, Andrew Cashner
    TOR - Marco Estrada (DL), Aaron Sanchez, Marcus Stroman, Jaime Garcia
    TAM - Blake Snell, Nathan Eovaldi, Jake Faria, Chris Archer
    though I don't consider 8 1/2 out of the second wild card out of it yet
    MIN - Lance Lynn, Kyle Gibson, Jake Odorizzi
    CHA - James Shields
    KC - Danny Duffy
    DET - Michael Fulmer, Mike Fiers, Jordan Zimmermann
    LAA - Andrew Heaney, Tyler Skaggs
    TEX - Cole Hamels, Bartolo Colon, Mike Minor, Matt Moore
    CIN - Matt Harvey (though if I'm them, I'd keep the group together, they are playing really well in the last two months)
    SDG - Clayton Richard, Tyson Ross
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    Aaron Judge is awesome. That is all.
    The pitching beyond deGrom and the Mets other starting pitchers and I guess to some extent Happ is underwhelming
    Among pitchers on losing teams/out of it:
    BAL - Dylan Bundy, Kevin Gausman, Alex Cobb, Andrew Cashner
    TOR - Marco Estrada (DL), Aaron Sanchez, Marcus Stroman, Jaime Garcia
    TAM - Blake Snell, Nathan Eovaldi, Jake Faria, Chris Archer
    though I don't consider 8 1/2 out of the second wild card out of it yet
    MIN - Lance Lynn, Kyle Gibson, Jake Odorizzi
    CHA - James Shields
    KC - Danny Duffy
    DET - Michael Fulmer, Mike Fiers, Jordan Zimmermann
    LAA - Andrew Heaney, Tyler Skaggs
    TEX - Cole Hamels, Bartolo Colon, Mike Minor, Matt Moore
    CIN - Matt Harvey (though if I'm them, I'd keep the group together, they are playing really well in the last two months)
    SDG - Clayton Richard, Tyson Ross
    This is horrible.  Hamels, I guess.  Has the experience.
    Blake Snell is the best of the bunch, though I don't think the Rays would trade him. Every other guy beyond Hamels has questions, performance, injuries etc. 
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    Yanks out on Machado.  Good.  Would have taken Frazier or Sheffield.  No, f'ing, thanks.  

Also, I get the Yanks may be interested in Machado in the offseason, but I'm kinda out on that one too.  Granted, Judge-Stanton-Machado would be insane, buuuut, is the difference between Andujar (or Drury) worth something like $30 mil.  I say no. Need pitching. Keep the flexibility.  First time this team has had legit flexibility in a looooong time.  Great core, all the money in the world.  Use it for real needs.
    Glad you finally see it my way!

Thoughts?

I like andujar but I don’t think he’s long term. Feel like he has a little Nunez in him 
    Yanks need to go for pitching or start bringing people up from the minors.  They have some gems down there.

Glad you finally see it my way!

Thoughts?

Yanks need to go for pitching or start bringing people up from the minors.  They have some gems down there.
    Couple things. I never really disagreed with you. I always said I didn't want him at the deadline.  I can still see them signing him, but I think there are bigger needs than locking him up for 10 years.

Yeah, Sheffield could be up at some point this year, the lasagna kid had a good game or two. Adams is having a bad year though.
    Let's rock and roll. Can't believe they start out after the break with these first two pitchers.

Check out CC's podcast with Boone.  Pretty solid.
    Holy shit. This team needs two pitchers 
    Gonna be 5.5 games out after today. Wild card game it is 
    probably not a good idea to push Severino and C.C. to the Rays series. I know the Mets are struggling. But still
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    probably not a good idea to push Severino and C.C. to the Rays series. I know the Mets are struggling. But still
    Agreed. 3 tough pitchers this weekend. Not a good start