2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Kearn5y said:
    EM194007 said:
    Jamer196 said:
    Strange, it has been more than 10 min and none on EBay ...
    Hopefully for the most they went to true fans. Fingers crossed.
    Nah, 4 up already
    Looks like 1 right now, the others might have pulled them (maybe they tried to order more then 1 and got their orders cancelled). Which is a lot better then instantly seeing 25-30 on ebay instantly. The one flipper is selling them individually, the cancelled show and make up show AP's. 
    iO letsgo said:
    EM194007 said:
    Brisk. said:
    BF89905 said:
    Brisk. said:
    If I go through the shit that it takes to buy Pearl Jam merch these days I can do what I like with it, I put in the time and effort. People are also trading what was a 30 euro poster 2 weeks ago for other posters much more valuble but people don't seem to care about this. Why don't you just spend hours in a queue and get one yourselves instead of bitching on this forum.

And don't even go there about mugging fans off, I've done every show this year so yea along the way I've done my fair share in helping people with merch and tickets.
    Many fans don't care about this as the traders are not making money off someone else's artistic efforts. C'mon, these types of efforts are far different than you deciding to line-up for hours for concert merchandise - surely, there are better things you can being doing with your time.

Claims of one concert poster being much more valuable than another are simply based on a fabricated market that collectors prop up to make their stuff feel more valuable to themselves, for it enhances their ego.

PJ and these artists really need to start charging more money initially for these posters, and strictly enforcing a 1 per person limit, as means to curb this parasitic behaviour.

Enjoy the music and the cities this great band chooses to play.

What PJ really need to do is just print more not make limits, that would devalue the poster and get rid of flipping.
    How did that work out in 2016 for the Fenway and Wrigley shows? They over produced every poster/print, and it sure didn't stop the flippers. 
    i'd say it worked pretty good considering you can still get all but 2 of those prints for face value ($35) or close to it.  if they limited these runs, 'the catch' and faile prints would be going for a heck of a lot more.  
    In the long run I'd agree. But the flippers were still buying a lot of them up when they were on sale for days before the shows, and making money flipping them on ebay. You'll never stop that from happening unfortunately. 
  • DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    I'm reading this as though only the rescheduled AP is signed, yet all the flippers are selling on the basis that both are. Anybody else think this or is it just me?
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    So for the FF weekend in Fenway, they are allowing you to purchase all merch (except for posters) online and pick up at "will-call" at the pop-up shop. I am hoping that if this goes smoothly it will turn into the standard going forward for other bands
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Redrumh2o said:
    So for the FF weekend in Fenway, they are allowing you to purchase all merch (except for posters) online and pick up at "will-call" at the pop-up shop. I am hoping that if this goes smoothly it will turn into the standard going forward for other bands
    Doesnt Live Nation handle their merch? Probably a little easier 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Redrumh2o said:
    I am not sure....and I know the volume of people will be a lot less than PJ, but there sure is a lot of stuff....16 different articles of clothing! This is just the first time I have ever seen a band do this before.
  • Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    hey yo.... finally done with that poster deadline, took a couple days longer then I had hoped... going to try and finish collecting all the email addresses and getting invoices out tonight or tomorrow. 

Thanks for the update @bradklausen To clarify, will we be automatically charged or will we need to pay off of invoice that gets sent out?
    107 Shows and counting
  • iO letsgoiO letsgo Posts: 186
    EM194007 said:
    iO letsgo said:
    EM194007 said:
    Brisk. said:
    BF89905 said:
    Brisk. said:
    If I go through the shit that it takes to buy Pearl Jam merch these days I can do what I like with it, I put in the time and effort. People are also trading what was a 30 euro poster 2 weeks ago for other posters much more valuble but people don't seem to care about this. Why don't you just spend hours in a queue and get one yourselves instead of bitching on this forum.

And don't even go there about mugging fans off, I've done every show this year so yea along the way I've done my fair share in helping people with merch and tickets.
    Many fans don't care about this as the traders are not making money off someone else's artistic efforts. C'mon, these types of efforts are far different than you deciding to line-up for hours for concert merchandise - surely, there are better things you can being doing with your time.

Claims of one concert poster being much more valuable than another are simply based on a fabricated market that collectors prop up to make their stuff feel more valuable to themselves, for it enhances their ego.

PJ and these artists really need to start charging more money initially for these posters, and strictly enforcing a 1 per person limit, as means to curb this parasitic behaviour.

Enjoy the music and the cities this great band chooses to play.

What PJ really need to do is just print more not make limits, that would devalue the poster and get rid of flipping.
    How did that work out in 2016 for the Fenway and Wrigley shows? They over produced every poster/print, and it sure didn't stop the flippers. 
    i'd say it worked pretty good considering you can still get all but 2 of those prints for face value ($35) or close to it.  if they limited these runs, 'the catch' and faile prints would be going for a heck of a lot more.  
    In the long run I'd agree. But the flippers were still buying a lot of them up when they were on sale for days before the shows, and making money flipping them on ebay. You'll never stop that from happening unfortunately. 
    for sure.  that immediate market will always be there for the flipper to feed off fans impatience etc. 
  • rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    hey yo.... finally done with that poster deadline, took a couple days longer then I had hoped... going to try and finish collecting all the email addresses and getting invoices out tonight or tomorrow. 

I used the info@artillerydesign.com email to send my screenshot to, hope that was the right email
    edited July 2018
    Deano said:
    I'm reading this as though only the rescheduled AP is signed, yet all the flippers are selling on the basis that both are. Anybody else think this or is it just me?
    Doesn't say anything about the cancelled show AP being signed or numbered. He might just put AP on them. Then again he might not do anything to them.

Product details:
    - Hand numbered and signed screen print. (Front, lower-right corner)
    - One color backprint + Hologram sticker.
    - Size: 18" x 24" / Aprox 46cm x 62cm.
    - One poster per household. Orders over one unit will be cancelled. 

Each purchase includes one free AP copy of the cancelled show color variant.

• MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Redrumh2o said:
    Yes, they do.  And you're right - it is much easier when a company the size of Live Nation is handling your orders.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • hey yo.... finally done with that poster deadline, took a couple days longer then I had hoped... going to try and finish collecting all the email addresses and getting invoices out tonight or tomorrow. 

Thanks for the update @bradklausen To clarify, will we be automatically charged or will we need to pay off of invoice that gets sent out?
    How would any of us be automatically charged without providing him with a payment authorization? Merchants don't have access to  your funds in paypal. You will need to authorize and pay the invoice. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Redrumh2o said:
    Yes, they do.  And you're right - it is much easier when a company the size of Live Nation is handling your orders.  
    Just don't purchase a poster from them. Thin tubes and no Kraft paper. They do offer great customer service though. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    demetrios said:
    Redrumh2o said:
    Just don't purchase a poster from them. Thin tubes and no Kraft paper. They do offer great customer service though. 
    Yep great customer service. If you get your poster fucked up and complain, they will send you a replacement, then they will probably fuck it up again and tell you they won't/can't replace again so they will just give you a full refund and let you keep the two damaged posters. Lol
    demetrios said:
    Redrumh2o said:
    Yep great customer service. If you get your poster fucked up and complain, they will send you a replacement, then they will probably fuck it up again and tell you they won't/can't replace again so they will just give you a full refund and let you keep the two damaged posters. Lol
    It's happened to me 3 times. Can't buy from them again.
  • DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    Anybody seen an invoice from Brad yet? 
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    DE483 said:
    Still nothing here...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    RW8297 said:
    DE483 said:
    Still nothing here...
    https://youtu.be/89dq4wvhxPg
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Was there any info about the Prague AP’s being shipped yet? 
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    Same question here. Emailed him couple of days ago no answer
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Got an email this morning saying he usually allows 4 weeks for delivery so they should be "on their way soon"... Think he has been away from base for a while.
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    Got an email this morning saying he usually allows 4 weeks for delivery so they should be "on their way soon"... Think he has been away from base for a while.
    He's in the US at San Diego Comic Con, so I'd give him some extra time.

I'm sure he'll take good care of everyone!
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    He's in the US at San Diego Comic Con, so I'd give him some extra time.

I'm sure he'll take good care of everyone!
    Yep - he has been brilliant with comms all the way through with me. Super friendly.
     His reply to me this morning was really fast and that is what he said - I put speech marks in to quote him and now I re read and it looks narky of me. Not at all what I meant if it came off that way! He really did say, they'd be on their way soon! 
    Anyone outside the USA receive a shipping confirmation email from Todd Slater?
    London night 2 prints shipping confirmation received. :) 
  • Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 336
    demetrios said:
    Here also
    demetrios said:
    Nice, he's moving quickly on these.
  • jlondon31jlondon31 Posts: 88
    I’m guessing I know the answer but just thought I’d check back here just in case anyone knows any different, but is there any update to the status of the Brad Klausen A/P? I know what he last posted here, but wasn’t sure if anyone started seeing him send out invoices yet.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    jlondon31 said:
    I’m guessing I know the answer but just thought I’d check back here just in case anyone knows any different, but is there any update to the status of the Brad Klausen A/P? I know what he last posted here, but wasn’t sure if anyone started seeing him send out invoices yet.
    Nothing yet. I think Brad will be good on it just wondering now seeing all of the people that scored a print if he oversold. I have nothing to base that off of besides the fact when it is a popular 100 AP run you only see a couple of people here if you are lucky that get one. There is well over 15 people on here that score one. Hopefully it is just the larger run of prints available. 
  • jlondon31jlondon31 Posts: 88
    edited July 2018
    It might be a combination of the larger print run AND the fact that when someone actually has one in their cart he gives you time (I think 15 min) to check out with it where all of the other sites allow people to buy the print that you have carted. If you try to buy the print the moment the drop happens and cart one that is one less that the bots have the ability to snatch. I can’t tell you how many other prints that I’ve actually carted and couldn’t follow through with the purchase because of this. Rome Emek being one such example.
    Post edited by jlondon31 on