What old, corny songs do you like?

12346»

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    rgambs said:
    Lol

I don't mind Nazareth (they're okay... they got a few good songs), but April Wine is infinitely greater.

It's not even close.
    Especially if you're gonna play Love Hurts, which is the weepiest, corniest rock ballad ever.
    Since this is a thread about old corny songs, I happen to love the original version of Love Hurts:

They sang lots of corny songs but nobody could harmonize like those guys.

"The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Make Your Own Kind of Music.     Because of the tv show LOST
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Why Don't we Get Drunk, And Screw
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Make Your Own Kind of Music.     Because of the tv show LOST
    Yes!  Mama Cass.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I love this song because it was played and sung by some f*cking corn dogs from Sa-a-a-a-a-n Pedro:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Anybody ever listen to Yacht Rock Radio (currently station 70 on SiriusXM)?

That's a whole channel of corny yuppie summertime songs, some of which I have always liked and some others I have grown to know and like in a corny disposable kind of way. Then so.e that are still hot vomit in a garbage bag kind of awful.

It's fun! I'll own the shit I do. :bring_it:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    brianlux said:
    I love this song because it was played and sung by some f*cking corn dogs from Sa-a-a-a-a-n Pedro:

Was just discussing that dirty bastard from Pedro last weekend with a buddy.  We were roaring on a boat, and then I put on Ball Hog or Tug Boat
    Anybody ever listen to Yacht Rock Radio (currently station 70 on SiriusXM)?

That's a whole channel of corny yuppie summertime songs, some of which I have always liked and some others I have grown to know and like in a corny disposable kind of way. Then so.e that are still hot vomit in a garbage bag kind of awful.

It's fun! I'll own the shit I do. :bring_it:
    Will have to check that out!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Yacht Rock Radio is awesome.  Christopher Cross stops being a guilty pleasure when you’re playing it relaxing on the white sand.  
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:

Was just discussing that dirty bastard from Pedro last weekend with a buddy.  We were roaring on a boat, and then I put on Ball Hog or Tug Boat
    Excellent!  Mike Watt is so fucking awesome!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yacht Rock Radio is awesome.  Christopher Cross stops being a guilty pleasure when you’re playing it relaxing on the white sand.  
    Glad to know I'm not the only one!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Wpn3dFrEs

about a dude's dog....instantly makes you weep
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    marillion with fish is not at all corny imo   ;)

grease is a bit corny lol but it still rocks ha ha. love the whole movie and soundtrack and olivia !!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmA1yqmKBh8