Options

BOSTON 2018 ROLL CALL: Mobile tickets are in, where you sitting?

Comments

• Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    169xxx

TURFB3 both nights!
  • Options
    goitalonegoitalone Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    9/2 show 
    section A5
    Row 1 seats 13, 14
    468xxx
    Post edited by goitalone on
    If I knew where it was I would take you there, there's much more than this!
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Grandstand seats with obstructed view of CF.

Was all set expecting first few rows of upper deck as a newer member. Long time fan never wanted to join a blind purchase club, and this is why.

Disgusting PJ ticket policies continue.
    People complaining are out of their minds.

The public sale was a complete nightmare.  For $20 a year you got seats that are going for 2X-3X that amount on the secondary market.

Cry me a river.  You are in.  

Smile.

Can't sell them on secondary market genius.

To say it's unethical to sell obstructed view seats without notice would be a massive understatement.

Even Ticketmaster has the courtesy to notify purchasers of this, as did tickets.com during the public Fenway on sale.

And what makes you believe I didn't get robbed as well on the public Fenway sale. I did. Thanks for reminding me, pal.

Worst band ever when it comes to fair ticket sales. By a country mile.

Thank you for this. My N1 tickets are halfway obstructing everything... if I was in a better spot financially, I'd have probably purchased other seating so that I can actually see. From what I've heard from everyone else, usually they take care of you(so at least you can see?), so for someone using the lottery for the first time, this is a little disappointing.

How difficult would it have been for PJ to put the obstructed view seats in a separate bucket like they do with GA & reserved?

They knew the precise obstructed view locations back on the public sale. Put those in their own category that way purchasers have a fair opportunity to know whether their view is obstructed

...are my field box seats still in my tickets.com cart? Oh yeah, forgot about that fiasco.

In decades going to concerts and games, can not recall a single time a seller did not identify obstructed view at time of purchase

Combine this with their seniority policy for every show every tour, sucks that their horrific ticket policies is what I'll always remember them for.

I see people complaining about B94 and I'm thinking... dude. I'll totally switch.
    4/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL
    9/2/18 - Boston, MA
    9/4/18 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Saltzy23 said:

Was all set expecting first few rows of upper deck as a newer member. Long time fan never wanted to join a blind purchase club, and this is why.

The public sale was a complete nightmare.  For $20 a year you got seats that are going for 2X-3X that amount on the secondary market.

Smile.

To say it's unethical to sell obstructed view seats without notice would be a massive understatement.

Even Ticketmaster has the courtesy to notify purchasers of this, as did tickets.com during the public Fenway on sale.

And what makes you believe I didn't get robbed as well on the public Fenway sale. I did. Thanks for reminding me, pal.

Thank you for this. My N1 tickets are halfway obstructing everything... if I was in a better spot financially, I'd have probably purchased other seating so that I can actually see. From what I've heard from everyone else, usually they take care of you(so at least you can see?), so for someone using the lottery for the first time, this is a little disappointing.

How difficult would it have been for PJ to put the obstructed view seats in a separate bucket like they do with GA & reserved?

They knew the precise obstructed view locations back on the public sale. Put those in their own category that way purchasers have a fair opportunity to know whether their view is obstructed

...are my field box seats still in my tickets.com cart? Oh yeah, forgot about that fiasco.

In decades going to concerts and games, can not recall a single time a seller did not identify obstructed view at time of purchase

Combine this with their seniority policy for every show every tour, sucks that their horrific ticket policies is what I'll always remember them for.

I see people complaining about B94 and I'm thinking... dude. I'll totally switch.
    Was in 94 for Fenway 2 in 2016 and had an awesome time. You’ll be near other 10 clubbers. The view was fine and everyone was into the show. 
    NYPJ
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    wall232 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Smile.

Was in 94 for Fenway 2 in 2016 and had an awesome time. You’ll be near other 10 clubbers. The view was fine and everyone was into the show. 
    Same here. 94 was rocking for night 2. Sitting further back for these shows but hoping to be surrounded by the same great people. 
  • Options
    wall232 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Smile.

That's the thing... I have G26 for Sunday, and seats that obstruct half the stage to boot, and people are complaining about seats that are closer and have at least the entire view.
    4/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL
    9/2/18 - Boston, MA
    9/4/18 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,619

Got box 7 row A for N1
    D18 Row 1 for N2 (which I’m hoping is down near the dugouts, not up in the 2nd tier labeled 18 on seating charts).
    Kinda happy to be up off the turf as opposed to in the way back of C’s where my view would most likely be of some bro’s shoulder blades.
    Thanks 10c for the hook up.
    And congrats to all the lottery winners for these shows- makes me smile to see so many posts in this thread with high 10c #s getting to rock the fuck out in front!
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 265
    Great seats in Box 7, sat there in 2016. Seats are right by the Pensky pole and you will have a great view of the stage. Great 10 Club section!
    And Congrats to all the lottery winners.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,764
    Saltzy23 said:

Smile.

Not really. It is not a blind draw and as a long time fan, my only regret is that my membership began in late 1995.  The issue is not blind tickets, the issue is too few shows and massive interest and an effort to try and allow fans with lower fanclub tickets occasional access.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,764
    goitalone said:
    9/2 show 
    section A5
    Row 1 seats 13, 14
    468xxx
    That is a lottery win right there.  Nice!
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    goitalonegoitalone Posts: 43
    PB11041 said:
    goitalone said:
    9/2 show 
    section A5
    Row 1 seats 13, 14
    468xxx
    That is a lottery win right there.  Nice!
    Thanks! I had to keep checking, couldn’t believe it....still can’t, honestly. 
    If I knew where it was I would take you there, there's much more than this!
  • Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    28,xxx

A5 row 3 both nights
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Mac57 said:
    Great seats in Box 7, sat there in 2016. Seats are right by the Pensky pole and you will have a great view of the stage. Great 10 Club section!
    And Congrats to all the lottery winners.
    I'm in Box 5 for the night..middle of section I think. Does the Pensky pole interfere with the view at all? 
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 265
    Not unless you are directly behind the pole.
    Enjoy!
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    I continue to be blown away when people get super outraged over 10c availability and seat location.  I've been no stranger to criticizing the 10c system in the past, but as I've gotten older I have realized that it really is far and away a better option than most bands provide.  The sheer amount of tickets that the club holds back at each show is fantastic. unfortunately as with all popular touring bands, the demand will almost always outweigh the supply.  Pearl Jam and 10c, in my opinion offer more access to their fans to not only tickets but preferred seating than anyone else.  The other thing they offer is ridiculous value. There is almost no band/ performing artist out there that averages 2.5 hour shows at the pricing that Pearl Jam offers.  It is one of the best values in live music.  

We all strike out on the draws, we all end up not as close as we'd like sometimes. the reality is, if its that important to you you will find other means.  For some that will mean public sale, for some that means secondary market.  For others, it will mean the tough choice of missing a show here and there. 

The band has left a fortune on the table over the years keeping prices down.  I'm not sure what anyone thinks this band owes us at this point. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Drdeal said:
    marcPJfan said:
    Drdeal said:

1XXX

Night 2

Turf A3 Row 1   

So psyched for this show.

Thanks 10Club

You have a day 1 membership and you won the lottery?  Wow.

I think my luck has to do with the fact that my wife is coming with me to this show. She rarely goes to PJ shows with me. She is my good luck charm and my Lightning Bolt!

best reply. ;)
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    Bruins24 said:
    28,xxx

A5 row 3 both nights
    Ditto, 27,xxx and A5 row 3 for both nights!
  • Options
    deek74deek74 Posts: 111
    Clapper said:
    I continue to be blown away when people get super outraged over 10c availability and seat location.  I've been no stranger to criticizing the 10c system in the past, but as I've gotten older I have realized that it really is far and away a better option than most bands provide.  The sheer amount of tickets that the club holds back at each show is fantastic. unfortunately as with all popular touring bands, the demand will almost always outweigh the supply.  Pearl Jam and 10c, in my opinion offer more access to their fans to not only tickets but preferred seating than anyone else.  The other thing they offer is ridiculous value. There is almost no band/ performing artist out there that averages 2.5 hour shows at the pricing that Pearl Jam offers.  It is one of the best values in live music.  

We all strike out on the draws, we all end up not as close as we'd like sometimes. the reality is, if its that important to you you will find other means.  For some that will mean public sale, for some that means secondary market.  For others, it will mean the tough choice of missing a show here and there. 

The band has left a fortune on the table over the years keeping prices down.  I'm not sure what anyone thinks this band owes us at this point. 
    Well said!
    1996 Randals Island NY, Hartford 1998 Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2000 Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2003 Mansfield I, Mansfield III 2004 Boston I, Boston II 2006 Boston I, Boston II 2008 Hartford, Boston I, Boston II, Eddie Vedder Boston II 2009 Philly III 2010 Boston 2011 Eddie Vedder Providence, Eddie Vedder Boston 2011 PJ20 I, PJ20 II 2013 Worcester I, Worcester II
  • Options
    I have tickets for night 2 in Fenway, but we can't go.  Turns out work won't let me stay in Boston for the 2nd show.

I know I can transfer one, but I'd rather give them both away to someone who will really enjoy them.  Is there a way to donate them?  I'm not complaining about how the 10c lottery works, I just think there should be an option, other than a refund or resale, for those who can't use tickets they win.  For example, donate them to a charity the band supports?  Idk...any suggestions?  

If there are no other options, I have a free ticket for Sept 4, Sect G16, Row 14, Seat 23.  Seat 24 will be open next to you.  PM me.
  • Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    edited July 2018
    I seem to have an interesting mix of seats.  For night 1 I am in B133 which doesnt seem like great seats and night 2 I am in F75.  Anybody sit in either of these sections in 2016 and can comment?  Cheers all and see you at the shows!
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    EddiefamEddiefam Posts: 39
    664,xxx
    Night 1 A5 Turf - Row 10 (Thanks 10C!!)
    Night 2 G14 Row 4 
    Can't believe we are gonna be standing in center field of my beloved Fenway seeing the greatest band in the world!
    Boston 04.10.94 - Boston Garden
    Boston 08.07.16 - Fenway
    Boston 09.02.18 &  09.04.18 - Fenway
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    deek74 said:
    Clapper said:

Well said!
    Very well said.
  • Options
    At the foo fighters show at fenway last night- a few take always-
    tons of security on the turf seats, even more in the "A " sections. Multiple checkpoints and wristbands given out for specific sections
    the regular extended netting was still up- extending from past 3rd base to beyond 1st base
    they played went on at 7:35 and finished around 1020. I believe the curfew is 10:30
  • Options
    tons of security on the turf seats, even more in the "A " sections. Multiple checkpoints and wristbands given out for specific sections
    the regular extended netting was still up- extending from past 3rd base to beyond 1st base
    they played went on at 7:35 and finished around 1020. I believe the curfew is 10:30
    Was worried a bit about that net. Do you know if it hurts your site line?
  • Options
    Not sure about the site line as I was on the turf seats. I would imagine it's more of a slight annoyance to watch a show through the netting
  • Options
    Surprised they are not taking it down. Looks like I will be looking through a net both nights. Probably will just blend in unless a support pole for the net is in the way I am sure it will be fine. 
  • Options
    kickitkickit Posts: 12
    NB283405 said:
    anybody have a map of where the seats are?

i did see that one, but is this correct?  I don't see my seats anywhere

I guess F81 is near where 80 and b7 are?
    I don't know what my fan club number is but I got 93 and Box 7.  I see section 93 but have no idea where Box 7 is.  Can you help a girl out?
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    The #7 below C1.   Awesome seats 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,822
    kickit said:
    NB283405 said:
    anybody have a map of where the seats are?

i did see that one, but is this correct?  I don't see my seats anywhere

I guess F81 is near where 80 and b7 are?
    I don't know what my fan club number is but I got 93 and Box 7.  I see section 93 but have no idea where Box 7 is.  Can you help a girl out?
    I'm pretty sure Box 7 is the "7" between Box 95 and Turf C1.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,822
    PJNB said:
    Was worried a bit about that net. Do you know if it hurts your site line?
    We were behind it for night 1 back in 2016 - you don't really notice it once the show gets going.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."