Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    PP193448 said:
    Tonight at 8pm free live stream!!!
    Can anyone record this for me/us??
    I have a copy of it if you wish to have it.  It's got issues though.  
    Received my white Come Tomorrow along with the two DMBLive albums.  10 total records for $89+tax so that's actually a pretty good deal.  

Come Tomorrow sounds good on vinyl, but not great.  There's no pressing or lineage information so that's pretty disappointing.  I have no idea if it's analog or not.  It sounds a little compressed to me, but not terribly so.  It's not brickwalled.  People on Ants have commented that the digital is hot and mushy.  I don't think the vinyl is that.  BTW, I think the the album is very good.  I really like most of the songs and none are clear skips.  It's pretty mellow, but engaging.  
    Also started listening to the Bennaroya show that came with it.  That sounds spectacular, which is no surprise.  All the live stuff is.  
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    I also received my Come Tomorrow white and listened last night. I agree that the vinyl sounded better than the digital, but nothing to brag about. My side A/B also had a fair amount of surface noise and was pressed off center. Hopefully a cleaning will help, and luckily I didn't notice any issues with it being off center. 

I also got the Bennaroya show, but haven't listened yet. The packaging was really cool though. 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    pjpitt89 said:
    I also received my Come Tomorrow white and listened last night. I agree that the vinyl sounded better than the digital, but nothing to brag about. My side A/B also had a fair amount of surface noise and was pressed off center. Hopefully a cleaning will help, and luckily I didn't notice any issues with it being off center. 

I also got the Bennaroya show, but haven't listened yet. The packaging was really cool though. 
    I cleaned mine with my okki nokki before playing.  It still had some light surface noise, and more prevalent on the inner grooves.  It wasn't terrible though.  People are complaining about that too, just like the Crash splatter which had issues.  
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    mrussel1 said:
    Received my white Come Tomorrow along with the two DMBLive albums.  10 total records for $89+tax so that's actually a pretty good deal.  

Come Tomorrow sounds good on vinyl, but not great.  There's no pressing or lineage information so that's pretty disappointing.  I have no idea if it's analog or not.  It sounds a little compressed to me, but not terribly so.  It's not brickwalled.  People on Ants have commented that the digital is hot and mushy.  I don't think the vinyl is that.  BTW, I think the the album is very good.  I really like most of the songs and none are clear skips.  It's pretty mellow, but engaging.  
    Also started listening to the Bennaroya show that came with it.  That sounds spectacular, which is no surprise.  All the live stuff is.  
    My package arrived today, so hopefully I can't a chance to listen to it later.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    From what I heard, the new album was not mastered for vinyl.  I don't think that would have helped it though.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:

I initially just ordered the White version.

Now I kinda want the 4LP live sets... they now come with the 2LP black version of Come Tomorrow.
    Do you think it would be worth it to get them for $90?
  • I still haven't received my white version.

I'm kind of getting anxious.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Now I kinda want the 4LP live sets... they now come with the 2LP black version of Come Tomorrow.
    YES!  The live LPs are tremendous and a great deal for the money.  The white vinyl has all sorts of problems.  I just returned mine asking for a refund for that one vinyl, but I may just get a replacement.  Lots of people have had distortion on the inner grooves and surface noise.  That's what I had.  This is even after I cleaned with the Okki.
    I went out and bought the Target grey marble one and that record is quiet.  
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

For the price alone I would- as you already know their live trax collections are excellent quality.  Always makes me wish pj’s vault series were as good sounding.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes. I've only listened to the Benaroya Hall show, but it is excellent.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    Sounds like a unanimous decision.. Thanks all
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    Hey y'all, what time has Dave been hitting the stage? I can't remember if he goes on at the advertised start time, or if he does the U2, Bruce thing and goes on 30min after the stated time on the ticket. I'm actually really liking the new album. It's mellow, but still a good listen from start to finish. Looking forward to hearing the new songs live.

I still haven't received my white version.

Nothing here in Toronto. I leave for the second part of my vacation in a few days. I sure hope it shows up today or tomorrow.

Nothing here in Toronto. I leave for the second part of my vacation in a few days. I sure hope it shows up today or tomorrow.

Here's to hoping!

Enjoy the show! I saw something on twitter about no supporting act and hitting the stage right at 8. They did this in Vancouver a few years back without announcing it and the venue was literally half full (he commented on it). By the end of the show... the venue was full, but a lot of people assumed there would be some sort of support act and came later.
    edited July 2018
    I still haven't received my white version.

Here's to hoping!

Enjoy the show! I saw something on twitter about no supporting act and hitting the stage right at 8. They did this in Vancouver a few years back without announcing it and the venue was literally half full (he commented on it). By the end of the show... the venue was full, but a lot of people assumed there would be some sort of support act and came later.

Thanks Thirty. I'm stoked to be catching back to back shows for the first time. For whatever reason it just never worked out for me till now.

Post edited by qontheboard on

Here's to hoping!

Thanks Thirty. I'm stoked to be catching back to back shows for the first time. For whatever reason it just never worked out for me till now.

@qontheboard did you receive your copy of the new album yet?

Not me gawddammit.
    Yes, I received mine last week. Apparently they tried delivery on July 5th, and then it sat at the post office until I received a notice on July 9th. I was able to pick it up before heading off for DMB in Ottawa. Damn, I hope you get yours soon.

edited July 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

YES!  The live LPs are tremendous and a great deal for the money.  The white vinyl has all sorts of problems.  I just returned mine asking for a refund for that one vinyl, but I may just get a replacement.  Lots of people have had distortion on the inner grooves and surface noise.  That's what I had.  This is even after I cleaned with the Okki.
    Love the packaging on these DMBlive vinyl sets. Reminds me A LOT of the PJ 2000 boots. How insane would it be for them to release all 72 2000 boots in vinyl sets with this type of package... I would buy ALL 72. Or how about at least release the Ape/Man shows...that kind of release would be epic.

MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Love the packaging on these DMBlive vinyl sets. Reminds me A LOT of the PJ 2000 boots. How insane would it be for them to release all 72 2000 boots in vinyl sets with this type of package... I would buy ALL 72. Or how about at least release the Ape/Man shows...that kind of release would be epic.

That would be awesome, but I wouldn't get to enjoy them because my wife would kill me.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Its funny, I hate the packaging on the DMB sets. The chip cardboard look is great. I hate how its like an envelope. Its also kind of difficult to get the records in/out. I would have preferred a gatefold or a slipcase like the Live Trax. 

The records sound fantastic though. Hope they keep the series going. 

Its funny, I hate the packaging on the DMB sets. The chip cardboard look is great. I hate how its like an envelope. Its also kind of difficult to get the records in/out. I would have preferred a gatefold or a slipcase like the Live Trax. 

The records sound fantastic though. Hope they keep the series going. 

Yeah me too. At 40% of the price of the Live Trax or Luther, I'll take the lesser packaging though  
    I love it, got a “bootleg” feel to it. But yea, we will never have this kind of release from PJ.. so no worries, lol
  • I've got some kind of DMB karma that's been going on for the last few days. A couple days ago I pointed out to my wife that DMB is playing Montreal in December on a Saturday night. Yesterday she scored some cheap return train tix from Toronto to Montreal and a great rate on a room at a really nice hotel. Ok cool, now all we need is tickets for the show. Today just before heading out for a run I said what the hell and ordered the latest Live Trax set. I get home and decided to check the ticketing site just in case there was a ticket drop... Boom, I scored a pair of GA Pit tix. I'm going to see DMB in Montreal and I've got GA Pit tix!!!

• I've got some kind of DMB karma that's been going on for the last few days. A couple days ago I pointed out to my wife that DMB is playing Montreal in December on a Saturday night. Yesterday she scored some cheap return train tix from Toronto to Montreal and a great rate on a room at a really nice hotel. Ok cool, now all we need is tickets for the show. Today just before heading out for a run I said what the hell and ordered the latest Live Trax set. I get home and decided to check the ticketing site just in case there was a ticket drop... Boom, I scored a pair of GA Pit tix. I'm going to see DMB in Montreal and I've got GA Pit tix!!!

Beauty!
    I've got some kind of DMB karma that's been going on for the last few days. A couple days ago I pointed out to my wife that DMB is playing Montreal in December on a Saturday night. Yesterday she scored some cheap return train tix from Toronto to Montreal and a great rate on a room at a really nice hotel. Ok cool, now all we need is tickets for the show. Today just before heading out for a run I said what the hell and ordered the latest Live Trax set. I get home and decided to check the ticketing site just in case there was a ticket drop... Boom, I scored a pair of GA Pit tix. I'm going to see DMB in Montreal and I've got GA Pit tix!!!

Fantastic!  Good news is you don't have to sleep out like you do for PJ.  I always get there when it opens, one person goes to the pit, the other to poster stand.  Warehouse gets in 15 minutes before anyone else down in the States.  I'll be at the two JPJ Charlottesville shows.  Whenever they do a winter tour, the last two shows are usually the home ones.  I always enjoy some indoor DMB>  
  • mrussel1 said:

Fantastic!  Good news is you don't have to sleep out like you do for PJ.  I always get there when it opens, one person goes to the pit, the other to poster stand.  Warehouse gets in 15 minutes before anyone else down in the States.  I'll be at the two JPJ Charlottesville shows.  Whenever they do a winter tour, the last two shows are usually the home ones.  I always enjoy some indoor DMB>  
    This will be my first indoor DMB experience. I'm still kicking myself for skipping the winter tour when Jimmy Cliff was the opener.

• Beauty!
    It sure is!
    mrussel1 said:

This will be my first indoor DMB experience. I'm still kicking myself for skipping the winter tour when Jimmy Cliff was the opener.

Was that in 12?  That's the last winter tour I remember, but could be wrong.  The Lumineers opened and that's when they were just getting going.  It was cool because after they played, they came down into the pit and watched the show with the rest of us.  
  • mrussel1 said:

Was that in 12?  That's the last winter tour I remember, but could be wrong.  The Lumineers opened and that's when they were just getting going.  It was cool because after they played, they came down into the pit and watched the show with the rest of us.  
    Nice! 
    Yes you are correct, it was 2012.