PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited July 2018
    Your boy is retiring, it seems
    10 year reunion looking better and better
    when is that? Found it.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Retiring at end of season. Doh....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Phils upped their offer for Machado...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Dodgers come in later this month. one last chance to see Chase.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited July 2018
    Phils upped their offer for Machado...
    Pretty please outbid the Yankees.

trading prospects for 2 months of machado is the most anti-hinke move ever 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    pjhawks said:
    Dodgers come in later this month. one last chance to see Chase.

Yeah you're right. That's good timing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    He'll probably officially retire a phillie i would think, right?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited July 2018
    People (Mets fans in particular) are going to be so pissed when he makes the Hall of Fame. They’ll claim he doesn’t deserve it...and they’ll be wrong. Best 2nd baseman of his generation and totally compareable to say someone like Ryne Sandberg 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited July 2018
    People (Mets fans in particular) are going to be so pissed when he makes the Hall of Fame. They’ll claim he doesn’t deserve it...and they’ll be wrong. Best 2nd baseman of his generation and totally compareable to say someone like Ryne Sandberg 
    He was a top 2 or 3 player in the game for 6 years but not sure that gets you hall of fame. I like utley a lot, but not sure he has the longevity. Definitely has the peak but not sure he was good enough for long enough
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    edited July 2018
    Haha...little salty up in NY

chinese-happy.jpg
    Rosenthal-

#Orioles have ramped up background work on #Phillies prospects, responding to Phils’ increased interest in Machado, sources tell The Athletic. Phils won’t move RHP Sixto Sanchez but are willing to trade from SP depth from Low A to AAA. RHP Adonis Medina of interest to O’s.

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited July 2018
    I love Middleton. You know he’s been dying to make moves like these for years. Go time. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I love Middleton. You know he’s been dying to make moves like these for years. Go time. 

So, how much for both? Over $500 MILLION?
    not a good way to end the first half by losing to the Marlins twice
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4 hits. The lineup needs to pick it up. Calling Manny!!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Id' stay away from Harper.   he is going to be way overpaid and he's pretty much a dick.  let him go the Yankees.

I feel really good that the Phils are getting Machado before the deadline this year.  Seems headed that way.

so Hamels still has a house here and his kids still go to Episcopal. he said it would be a dream to end up back here.  Would be nice to get him for the stretch run.
    Looking likely we end up getting Machado by Wednesday.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

Id' stay away from Harper.   he is going to be way overpaid and he's pretty much a dick.  let him go the Yankees.

I feel really good that the Phils are getting Machado before the deadline this year.  Seems headed that way.

so Hamels still has a house here and his kids still go to Episcopal. he said it would be a dream to end up back here.  Would be nice to get him for the stretch run.
    Don’t need him 
    Hopefully but i'm hearing Dodgers are the favorites.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Assuming this Dodgers deal goes through, don't be disappointed. No need to give up a top 100 prospect for 2 months of Machado.  Like I said before, only pay once unless you're going for it all.
    So Machado to LA. Like I said, I didn't want to give up Sixto and everything and I'm glad they didn't do that. LA might be good for us since they have Seager at short. Phils can definitely give him that position this winter if he wants it.

So now, let's try to add another bat for the bench, another reliever, and I would not be opposed to run at Happ or even Hamels despite his struggles this year. Our rotation has been great but you have to wonder how long Vince will stay healthy and if Pivetta can keep this up for the second half. 

First place at the break, on pace for 90ish wins, and will be front runners to land Machado this offseason. Future's bright, kids.
     GO PHILS. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So Machado to LA. Like I said, I didn't want to give up Sixto and everything and I'm glad they didn't do that. LA might be good for us since they have Seager at short. Phils can definitely give him that position this winter if he wants it.

So now, let's try to add another bat for the bench, another reliever, and I would not be opposed to run at Happ or even Hamels despite his struggles this year. Our rotation has been great but you have to wonder how long Vince will stay healthy and if Pivetta can keep this up for the second half. 

First place at the break, on pace for 90ish wins, and will be front runners to land Machado this offseason. Future's bright, kids.
     GO PHILS. 
    Sixto is a weird name. Remember Sixto Lezcano when he played for the Phills in the mid 80's?  I always called him Six toes :lol:

Next year they can go after Manny

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

GO PHILS. 
    Sixto is a weird name. Remember Sixto Lezcano when he played for the Phills in the mid 80's?  I always called him Six toes :lol:

Sixto Lezcano? No. Damn it, it appears you've stumped me on my mid 1980's Phils knowledge.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited July 2018

GO PHILS. 

Sixto Lezcano? No. Damn it, it appears you've stumped me on my mid 1980's Phils knowledge.
    main reason i remembered him (besides his name) was because i had/have this card
    Image result for sixto lezcano phillies

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited July 2018

GO PHILS. 

on the '83 Wheeze kids.  If I remember correctly he platooned with Joe Lefebvre for a year until Lefebvre got hurt. I remember Lefebvre having a really good year one of those years before blowing out a knee. 
    Post edited by pjhawks on

GO PHILS. 

main reason i remembered him (besides his name) was because i had/have this card

Sounds like a classic Harry The K name
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited July 2018
    How can you forget the original Sixto?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited July 2018
    JK_Livin said:
    How can you forget the original Sixto?
    Well, I was 5. Earliest Phils memories go back to 85/86 right after he left. 
    Looking at Baseball Reference.....he was pretty good in '84.
    chinese-happy.jpg

GO PHILS. 

Sounds like a classic Harry The K name
    it was
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Very disappointing about Altherr. I hope he turns it around.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer