*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Guess the Spurs wanted to at least look like they're competing this year. Oh well. Sort of the same situation as the Phils. Make a run at him next year for nothing but money. And other options will open up between now and then I'm sure. That '21 Miami pick is huge.

Pissed about Bjelica though....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^^How about this shit with Bjelica???^^^^(if this report is true, but Shams Charania is good)

Report: Kings, Bjelica plan to discuss potential deal
    12m ago
    Abbie Parr / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    NEW YORK NY - MARCH 23 Nemanja Bjelica 8 of the Minnesota Timberwolves dribbles down the court in the first quarter against the New York Knicks during their game at Madison Square Garden on March 23 2018 in New York City

After initial reports indicated that Nemanja Bjelica had pulled out of a verbal agreement with the Philadelphia 76ers on a one-year, $4.4-million deal in order to court a more lucrative contract overseas, it appears the free-agent forward's idea of a foreign locale is the capital of California.

Bjelica is now prepared to begin working out a contract with the Sacramento Kings, sources told Yahoo Sports' Shams Charania.

The 30-year-old Serbian averaged 6.8 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 1.3 assists in 67 appearances with the Minnesota Timberwolves last season.

I just saw that. The hell's is going on here? My post earlier about being pissed was before I knew he was going with the Kings instead of going to Europe. Fuck this guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Why agree to a deal and then complain he's undervalued?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Report: 76ers sign 2017 draft pick Jonah Bolden to 4-year, $7M contract
    3h ago
    Ethan Miller / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    LAS VEGAS NV - JULY 06 Jonah Bolden 36 of the Philadelphia 76ers drives to the basket against Jarrod Uthoff 64 of the Boston Celtics during the 2018 NBA Summer League at the Thomas  Mack Center on July 6 2018 in Las Vegas Nevada

The Philadelphia 76ers signed 2017 second-round pick Jonah Bolden to a four-year contract worth $7 million, sources told Yahoo Sports' Shams Charania. The contract reportedly includes team options.

A 6-foot-10 forward, Bolden was selected No. 36 overall in last year's draft, but he opted to remain overseas for the 2017-18 season. In 29 EuroLeague appearances with Israel's Maccabi Tel Aviv, the 22-year-old Australian averaged 6.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.6 assists, and 1.2 steals per game.

Bolden also averaged 6.5 points and six rebounds in six appearances while playing for the Sixers' summer league squad earlier this month.

BIG TRADE!!

Report: 76ers trading Holmes to Suns
    3h ago
    Bill Streicher / USA TODAY Sports

The Philadelphia 76ers are trading center Richaun Holmes to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for cash considerations, league sources told Yahoo Sports' Shams Charania.

The Bowling Green product has been a steady reserve in the Sixers' frontcourt rotation. Pressed into greater minutes while teammate Joel Embiid missed significant time in 2016-17, Holmes averaged career highs in points (9.8), rebounds (5.5), and blocks (one) per game in 21 minutes a night.

Holmes is in the final year of his current contract. The 24-year-old is set to make $1.6 million this coming season before hitting unrestricted free agency.

Oh yeah, he's a TRUE Sixer now.

Report: 76ers 1st-rounder Zhaire Smith suffers fractured left foot
    5h ago
    Mike Lawrie / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    NEW YORK NY - JUNE 20 NBA Draft Prospect Zhaire Smith speaks to the media before the 2018 NBA Draft at the Grand Hyatt New York Grand Central Terminal on June 20 2018 in New York City

The Philadelphia 76ers have another rookie on the sidelines.

Zhaire Smith suffered a fractured left foot while attending trainer Tim Grgurich's development camp in Las Vegas, league sources told Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports.

Smith will have surgery on the foot later this week, Charania added.

The Sixers announced the injury earlier Tuesday before the diagnosis was known.

Smith is the second 76ers rookie in three seasons to suffer a foot fracture, as Ben Simmons broke his right foot in practice ahead of the 2016-17 season.

The jack-of-all-trades wing played well during summer league, averaging 7.6 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 2.6 assists over six games.

Smith, 19, rose into the first round of the draft after a breakout freshman season at Texas Tech in which he averaged 11.2 points, five rebounds, and more than a block and a steal per game in the Red Raiders' run to the Elite Eight.

cutz said:
    Oh yeah, he's a TRUE Sixer now.

Report: 76ers 1st-rounder Zhaire Smith suffers fractured left foot
    5h ago
    Mike Lawrie / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    NEW YORK NY - JUNE 20 NBA Draft Prospect Zhaire Smith speaks to the media before the 2018 NBA Draft at the Grand Hyatt New York Grand Central Terminal on June 20 2018 in New York City

The Philadelphia 76ers have another rookie on the sidelines.

Zhaire Smith suffered a fractured left foot while attending trainer Tim Grgurich's development camp in Las Vegas, league sources told Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports.

Smith will have surgery on the foot later this week, Charania added.

The Sixers announced the injury earlier Tuesday before the diagnosis was known.

Smith is the second 76ers rookie in three seasons to suffer a foot fracture, as Ben Simmons broke his right foot in practice ahead of the 2016-17 season.

The jack-of-all-trades wing played well during summer league, averaging 7.6 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 2.6 assists over six games.

Smith, 19, rose into the first round of the draft after a breakout freshman season at Texas Tech in which he averaged 11.2 points, five rebounds, and more than a block and a steal per game in the Red Raiders' run to the Elite Eight.

Welcome to the team!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    You can't make this shit up, unreal.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Another medical red shirt rookie I suppose. Ugh
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Every Draft picked this year is HURT!!

Rich Hofmann
    Verified account

Following Following @rich_hofmann
    More
    Sixers provide a medical update on a couple of their draft picks. 

In related news, The Athletic has announced Rich Hofmann (a few drinks this weekend, not too many though) is asymptomatic and cleared to continue working on a few features for the upcoming weeks.

edited September 2018
    I know it's a empty gym with no defenders, but it's a start? We HOPE.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You&#39;re gonna outshoot this guy right...don&#39;t disrespect professional athletes who are at the Pinnacle of their sport ✋🏾 <a href="https://t.co/zLIkb3QFl8">pic.twitter.com/zLIkb3QFl8</a></p>&mdash; Hassan Hirsi (@TherealHassanO) <a href="">September 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    cutz said:
    I know it's a empty gym with no defenders, but it's a start? We HOPE.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You&#39;re gonna outshoot this guy right...don&#39;t disrespect professional athletes who are at the Pinnacle of their sport ✋🏾 <a href="https://t.co/zLIkb3QFl8">pic.twitter.com/zLIkb3QFl8</a></p>&mdash; Hassan Hirsi (@TherealHassanO) <a href="">September 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

it's amazing to see pros shoot in a setting like that. people forget how good they really are at that level. what was it said that Steph Curry made something like 80 in a row in a practice like that. 
    Roco ranked 48th best NBA player by SI. 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

Report: 76ers hire Elton Brand as GM
    1h ago
    Gary Dineen / National Basketball Association / Getty
    CHICAGO IL - MAY 15 GM of the Delaware Blue Coats Elton Brand represents the Philadelphia 76ers during the NBA Draft Lottery on May 15 2018 at The Palmer House Hilton in Chicago Illinois Mandatory Copyright Notice Copyright 2018 NBAE

The Philadelphia 76ers have reportedly ended their search for a general manager by hiring former NBA All-Star Elton Brand, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Brand is expected to be officially introduced by the team on Thursday, Wojnarowski added.

The 39-year-old has quickly transitioned from former player to the Sixers' front office, beginning as a player-development consultant following his retirement in October 2016.

Brand was named the general manager of the team's G League affiliate Delaware Blue Coats in August 2017 and the 76ers hired him as their vice president of basketball operations a year later on Aug. 27, 2018.

In 17 years in the NBA as a player for the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, 76ers, Dallas Mavericks, and Atlanta Hawks, Brand averaged 15.9 points and 8.5 rebounds on 50 percent shooting.

The first overall pick in the 1999 draft, he was named Rookie of the Year in the 1999-00 season and was an All-Star in 2001-02 and 2005-06.

I feel the same way about this as I did when Doug was hired. Hopefully it turns out the same way.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Wait what? Elton Brand is now the GM? Dafuq?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Yeah, that doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me.

I got a bad feeling about all this.

Yeah, the feeling of The Second Coming of Billy King.

The Sixers cannot have nice things.
  • Yeah, that doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me.

I was surprised to see this too.  Has Brand really been that good in the front office to land this job?  If so, good for him.

Haven't heard about him in a long time so just curious.

Ahh, Billy King.  A story for over beers is my wife replying all to a Sixers all staff email and Billy King calling her out.

No, not an ideal off season by any stretch of the imagination.

I was surprised to see this too.  Has Brand really been that good in the front office to land this job?  If so, good for him.

Haven't heard about him in a long time so just curious.
    I know they hired him for their G League team last year. So there's that.

Ahh, Billy King.  A story for over beers is my wife replying all to a Sixers all staff email and Billy King calling her out.

No, not an ideal off season by any stretch of the imagination.
    Ahhhhhhhahaha, this sounds delightful.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    strange hire
    Talking to my boss about it, and I gotta say in a matter of two hours I've been talked off the ledge.  He made some pretty good points - he doesn't want some big-head hot shot coming in and destroying everything they've built up; you carry out Hinkie's manifesto and keep the nerd in the corner of the basement to carry out the analytics and structure contracts; GM's are more figure heads now that should have a relationship with players and communicate; now Brown and the coaching staff can be free to do what they need to do without worrying about not being on the same page.

All logical, solid points, but I dunno - I just don't want to find out he's the one doling out contracts.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Brand is a smart and respected guy and yes, he's jumped straight to the head of the class, but I think the Sixers really wanted a collaborative GM, who will work the Brown and his staff to build around the existing team. Brown will no doubt have a big say in who he wants now and Brand will be more of a figure head, but someone who's been around the league for a long time and will get better over time
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    Well, at least he won't be out all year.

76ers' Chandler out at least 2-3 weeks with strained left hamstring
    2h ago
    Mitchell Leff / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    CAMDEN NJ - SEPTEMBER 21 Wilson Chandler 22 of the Philadelphia 76ers poses for a portrait during Media Day at the Sixers Training Complex on September 21 2018 in Camden New Jersey

Wilson Chandler could miss the start of the NBA season after sustaining an injury in the Philadelphia 76ers' preseason opener against Melbourne United.

The 31-year-old forward recently underwent an MRI which revealed a strained left hamstring, the team announced Saturday. Chandler will be re-evaluated in approximately two-to-three weeks.

The Denver Nuggets dealt Chandler and a future second-round pick to Philadelphia in exchange for cash considerations back in July.

He averaged 10 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 2.1 assists on 44.5 percent shooting across 74 appearances last season with Denver.

Philadelphia begins the 2018-19 regular season on the road against the Boston Celticson Oct. 16.

Some positives from tonight huh? Wasn’t able to watch but Fultz attempted and made a three!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^
    I'm not certain how to embed tweets in here but somebody set Fultz's three to the Titanic soundtrack and.....I laughed. 

Off to China for some reason. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Sixers made it into Bourdain's last full episode of Parts Unknown in Kenya.  I got a kick out of it.