Options

mobile ticket novice here

Just trying to be proactive, so anyone who has used this on Android in the past, your help is appreciated.  
#1. I have never used an "android wallet" or if I need to download an app?
#2.  I do not see an actual barcode on my tickets when viewing them from my desktop.  Does that come later, or what do they actually scan at the gate?
#3.  If I need to leave the Pit to use the restroom or get concessions, will I need to show the usher's my phone each time or will they be giving out bracelets like in the past?
#4.  Are we allowed to bring portable phone chargers?  I may have anxiety issues when it comes to low battery and mobile ticket policy. 

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    cl288267cl288267 Posts: 3
    whatever happened to hard tickets? This is very complicated trying to figure out how to put them in a wallet. 

• Options
    RP123663RP123663 Posts: 77
    cl288267 said:
    whatever happened to hard tickets? This is very complicated trying to figure out how to put them in a wallet. 
    Agree.  As if it's not stressful enough filing 50,000 people into a stadium, now we have to all hold our phones and watch the battery all day and night.  I'd much rather keep a piece of paper in my wallet with a barcode.  Don't see this being more efficient in any way.

• Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    A QR code will generate when you add the ticket to your wallet.  In GA you will almost certainly get a won’t have to take your phone out.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    RP123663 said:
    Just trying to be proactive, so anyone who has used this on Android in the past, your help is appreciated.  

#2.  I do not see an actual barcode on my tickets when viewing them from my desktop.  Does that come later, or what do they actually scan at the gate?

Thanks in advance!
    Don't know what they look like on desktop, but on your phone the ticket has 2 "links" on it, one says "ticket details" which "flips the ticket over" and shows more info including what gate to enter and the other says "view barcode" which brings up the barcode on your phone.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll try it on my phone. I realize, because I have an android phone, I cannot put them into a wallet until 8/7, but I still have no clue if I even have a wallet and where to find it if I do.  haha.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    As far as I know they don't have to be in your wallet, you can just open the app and have them scanned right from the app on your phone.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    What app?  Or do you mean just off the website?  My only concern with that is you would have to have a connection to wifi or otherwise at the stadium, which is another concern.  If you have 30,000 people trying to connect and log in at the same time, that might cause some chaos.
  • Options
    leonardo1604leonardo1604 Posts: 159
    The email they sent says that Android users will only be able to transfer the tickets to the "wallet" on August 7th. I am an Android user, so I guess we'll have to wait before downloading the tickets. It seems to be a lot easier if you have an iPhone, though
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can transfer your ticket to your other party before the 7th if your on android, or if you have to wait to download them first? 
  • Options
    DL153428DL153428 Posts: 3
    I have an iOS and can't get the tickets into my wallet, is anyone else having this issue?  When I hit 'add to my wallet' it just posts a bunch of code.
  • Options
    xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138
    I'm going to anticipate this being a headache on many levels the day of the show, so I'm going to make sure I get there earlier than I normal would just so I'm not getting in after the show starts due to complications.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    I'll go very early to Wrigley 1 and see how it goes, then adjust accordingly for Wrigley 2.  I have to say, the pre parties are normally a big part of my experience, but with the inevitable cluster bleep that is going to happen, I'll do what I gotta do.
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 688
    Its amazing how many people overthink this. Its just a ticket. Instead of paper.....its on your phone. Take a screenshot as a backup. Its no different than your paper ticket. Lots of sports teams have been paperless for years. This isn't a new technology. It will all be fine. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,950
    They typically scan your phone upon entry and give you a paper ticket.  I say typically because they did that at Radiohead in Chicago but when I went to a concert in Indy they did NOT give me a paper ticket.  I did have to show my phone each time I left seating and came back.  Real pain in the ass especially if your partner leaves.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    They typically scan your phone upon entry and give you a paper ticket.  I say typically because they did that at Radiohead in Chicago but when I went to a concert in Indy they did NOT give me a paper ticket.  I did have to show my phone each time I left seating and came back.  Real pain in the ass especially if your partner leaves.
    Thats really interesting. I've had the complete opposite experience with mobile tix. Never been given a paper ticket. Doesn't that kind of defeat one of the purposes of going mobile? They checked your ticket every time you went to your seat???? Also never had that happen either. 
  • Options
    Its amazing how many people overthink this. Its just a ticket. Instead of paper.....its on your phone. Take a screenshot as a backup. Its no different than your paper ticket. Lots of sports teams have been paperless for years. This isn't a new technology. It will all be fine. 
    I read in the FAQ you can't use a screenshot to get in. 
  • Options
    DL153428 said:
    Think about it for a second. How will they ever know its not a screenshot? Regardless it will be a backup if you can't pull up your tix on your screen. 
  • Options
    CE220611CE220611 Naperville, IL Posts: 11
    DL153428 said:
    Think about it for a second. How will they ever know its not a screenshot? Regardless it will be a backup if you can't pull up your tix on your screen. 
    They use mobile tickets for the metra train in Chicago. They are moving images.  Once the conductor comes through, he taps the ticket it changes colors and is no longer an active ticket.  I imagine it will be a similar concept.
  • Options
    DL153428 said:

I just assume it's like the Target app that you can use to pay.  Every time you close the app the QR code changes so if you screen shot it & then try & pay with it it doesn't work.
  • Options
    pj23yankspj23yanks Posts: 262
    When you sign in to your account and you click on the ticket it shows a QR Code. So I don't understand why you can't take a screen shot if your a scalper and send it to someone's phone? Or even if you can't make the show or your a scalper you can always give someone your log in info or just grab the guys phone, login to your account, add the tickets to the guys wallet and sign out. My point is I don't see how this stops scalpers one bit. I think the old way was harder on scalpers considering they needed to be there the day of the show and pick up their tickets or give someone their ID.
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    CE220611 said:
    DL153428 said:
    They use mobile tickets for the metra train in Chicago. They are moving images.  Once the conductor comes through, he taps the ticket it changes colors and is no longer an active ticket.  I imagine it will be a similar concept.
    The tixs, at least for the home shows, are not moving images
  • Options
    pj23yanks said:
    When you sign in to your account and you click on the ticket it shows a QR Code. So I don't understand why you can't take a screen shot if your a scalper and send it to someone's phone? Or even if you can't make the show or your a scalper you can always give someone your log in info or just grab the guys phone, login to your account, add the tickets to the guys wallet and sign out. My point is I don't see how this stops scalpers one bit. I think the old way was harder on scalpers considering they needed to be there the day of the show and pick up their tickets or give someone their ID.
    I would think its much harder to sell a screenshot. Thats the difference. Scalping will never be completely stopped. They always find ways around things. It does slow them down though. Thats the whole point. 
  • Options
    DL153428 said:
    I guess they can ask every single person to bring up the tickets in front of the person scanning/checking. But thats a logistical nightmare. Pretty unrealistic IMO. They don't do that at Mariners games at Safeco. Might be different for this show, but it wasn't that way for the last concert I went to at Safeco.
  • Options
    Even doing that once it's in your Wallet their yours
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    So, I guess I'll wait to see how big of a disaster Seattle is based on feedback and go from there.  I don't even think there is such a thing as an "Android wallet".  It's a big annoying to be honest.  PJ went from standing toe to toe with ticketmaster years ago, to being in bed with them and also Apple, while making it more difficult on their fan base.  I don't really buy that this is about scalpers either.  Go on stub hub.  $2500 10c seats on there already.  It's about as dumb as building a wall on the southern borders.
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 403
    After reading FAQ section it states that screenshots will not be accepted and phone service around Missoula is poor. Does anyone know a good Android wallet app? Did a Google search and one that might be good is Pass2you wallet. Anyone know if that will work? I have no experience with a mobile wallet and to be honest don't even know how to take a screenshot.  =)
  • Options
    Now these scalpers are selling them on Stub Hub my point exactly because they already have their tickets and the know where the seats are.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    RP123663 said:
    So, I guess I'll wait to see how big of a disaster Seattle is based on feedback and go from there.  I don't even think there is such a thing as an "Android wallet".  It's a big annoying to be honest.  PJ went from standing toe to toe with ticketmaster years ago, to being in bed with them and also Apple, while making it more difficult on their fan base.  I don't really buy that this is about scalpers either.  Go on stub hub.  $2500 10c seats on there already.  It's about as dumb as building a wall on the southern borders.
    This is in no way way more difficult.  This whole lottery process and ticket distribution has been extremely easy and takes away some stress and worry from the process.  It took me less than 5 minutes for me to read the email, access my tickets, and transfer them to my apple wallet.  They are now secure in my phone and I don't have to worry about going to will call or losing them.  My night one tickets are from the verified fan pre-sale and are printed on 8x10 sheets of paper.  I'd much prefer them to be digital like my 10c tickets.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    GB281198 said:
    After reading FAQ section it states that screenshots will not be accepted and phone service around Missoula is poor. Does anyone know a good Android wallet app? Did a Google search and one that might be good is Pass2you wallet. Anyone know if that will work? I have no experience with a mobile wallet and to be honest don't even know how to take a screenshot.  =)
    This is BS.

There is literally no way to tell the difference between a screen shot and the actual app, unless they plan on having everyone swiping left/right to show it's not a screen shot.

Also, this show takes place in the middle of a college town.

I find it very hard to believe that there is no cell coverage.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    RP123663 said:
    This is in no way way more difficult.  This whole lottery process and ticket distribution has been extremely easy and takes away some stress and worry from the process.  It took me less than 5 minutes for me to read the email, access my tickets, and transfer them to my apple wallet.  They are now secure in my phone and I don't have to worry about going to will call or losing them.  My night one tickets are from the verified fan pre-sale and are printed on 8x10 sheets of paper.  I'd much prefer them to be digital like my 10c tickets.
    KC138045 said:
    RP123663 said:

And  if you don't have an apple phone?  And if you lose or damage your phone between now and then?  And if you have phone issues on the day of the show or if your battery dies, or you have a problem with the app/wallet?  I would say printing a piece of paper and putting in your REAL wallet is actually much easier and reliable.