Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2018
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Or actually make schools safe.
    Did you conceal carry in those some 20 other countries you visited?
    Alex, I'll take That's None of Your F-ing Business for $500 please.
    It’s what you respond with when you’re afraid of an honest answer. I thought you were a tough guy?
    I think you have me confused with those that lob personal attacks from the safety of their Mom’s basement.  I’m sure someone here can help you with that.

Afraid of an honest answer?  The answer was completely honest and factual.  
    How is asking you a question a personal attack? You claimed to have traveled to 20 some countries. I asked you an honest question. Paranoid and afraid I see.
    His response did appear quite “honest and factual”.  It is literally none of your business...I assume that is what most gun owners are telling the doctors that ask about gun ownership as well.  And pollsters for that matter.  

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    edited July 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    It’s what you respond with when you’re afraid of an honest answer. I thought you were a tough guy?
    I think you have me confused with those that lob personal attacks from the safety of their Mom’s basement.  I’m sure someone here can help you with that.

How is asking you a question a personal attack? You claimed to have traveled to 20 some countries. I asked you an honest question. Paranoid and afraid I see.
    His response did appear quite “honest and factual”.  It is literally none of your business...I assume that is what most gun owners are telling the doctors that ask about gun ownership as well.  And pollsters for that matter.  

Are you being ironic when you say "literally"? Asking about guns is, literally, a doctor's business, particularly when there are children in the home. It's a public health issue, just like asking about car seats, safe storage of medications and poisons, and avoiding choking hazards. Saying it's not a doctor's business is as ridiculous as saying it's none of your doctor's business whether you smoke or not. 

And by definition, a pollster asking about guns is literally their business, since they are being paid for that. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Are you being ironic when you say "literally"? Asking about guns is, literally, a doctor's business, particularly when there are children in the home. It's a public health issue, just like asking about car seats, safe storage of medications and poisons, and avoiding choking hazards.

And by definition, a pollster asking about guns is literally their business, since they are being paid for that. 
    No, it is literally non of Halifax’s business.  I was just saying that the response is probably typical of the one gun owners would give pollsters or doctors.  
    I’ve never had a doctor ask about car seats, safe storage of medication/poison, or things that could be a choking hazard...have you?  I do not think those questions are standard practice unless the dr already feels the person is irresponsible for some reason.  When I was a counselor, we would inquire as to if someone had access to knifes or guns if they were suicidal or homicidal, but it wasn’t standard otherwise.  Even then, if someone said “no”, then there was no way of actually knowing if they were telling the truth, so it was a bit redundant.  The person would only answer truthfully if they felt compelled.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Are you being ironic when you say "literally"? Asking about guns is, literally, a doctor's business, particularly when there are children in the home. It's a public health issue, just like asking about car seats, safe storage of medications and poisons, and avoiding choking hazards.

No, it is literally non of Halifax’s business.  I was just saying that the response is probably typical of the one gun owners would give pollsters or doctors.  
    I’ve never had a doctor ask about car seats, safe storage of medication/poison, or things that could be a choking hazard...have you?

Oh, come on - this is what you said: "It is literally none of your business...I assume that is what most gun owners are telling the doctors that ask about gun ownership as well" . You're going to try to say that you're not saying that it isn't a doctor's business?

And of course I've had doctor's ask about car seats, safe storage of medication and choking hazards. That's a no-brainer, if you have kids. 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I’ve never had a doctor ask about car seats, safe storage of medication/poison, or things that could be a choking hazard...have you?

Oh, come on - this is what you said: "It is literally none of your business...I assume that is what most gun owners are telling the doctors that ask about gun ownership as well" . You're going to try to say that you're not saying that it isn't a doctor's business?

And of course I've had doctor's ask about car seats, safe storage of medication and choking hazards. That's a no-brainer, if you have kids. 
    As I said, the doctor would probably only ask those questions if the felt the person was irresponsible or uneducated...You are digging for something that isn’t there.  I clarified what I meant, so if you still want to twist it to mean what you misinterpreted, then that is your twisted prerogative.  Regardless, if someone doesn’t want to tell a Dr or pollster, they would probably say “it’s none of your business” like unsung said...or just lie.  
    This is pretty elementary, sorry if you are having trouble understanding.  

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

As I said, the doctor would probably only ask those questions if the felt the person was irresponsible or uneducated...You are digging for something that isn’t there.  I clarified what I meant, so if you still want to twist it to mean what you misinterpreted, then that is your twisted prerogative.  Regardless, if someone doesn’t want to tell a Dr or pollster, they would probably say “it’s none of your business” like unsung said...or just lie.  

Ha ha! Pot, kettle, black. Where did you say that the doctor would only ask those questions if they felt the person was irresponsible? Somehow I don't see that in your short sentence. Maybe I'm having trouble understanding because you didn't actually say that.

But in any case, you're wrong about that. It's routine for doctors to ask about health issues. It's kind of what they do. Yes, sometimes patients refuse to answer; that's a completely different issue than trying to claim it isn't their business. 
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I won't tell Halifax the answer until Halifax says what page of his/her journal he/she is on where the documenting everything that I say is.

It is quite the unhealthy and unnatural obsession Mr./Ms./Mrs. Halifax has with me.  I can see it, page 623, "unsung said that he wants peace with Russia..."  Halifax writes note to self "unsung is a f-ing traitor"!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Ha ha! Pot, kettle, black. Where did you say that the doctor would only ask those questions if they felt the person was irresponsible? Somehow I don't see that in your short sentence. Maybe I'm having trouble understanding because you didn't actually say that.

But in any case, you're wrong about that. It's routine for doctors to ask about health issues. It's kind of what they do. Yes, sometimes patients refuse to answer; that's a completely different issue than trying to claim it isn't their business. 
    I guess you “jumped the gun” and responded while I was still editing the post.  Sorry for the confusion.  I have never been asked about gun ownership, seatbelts, poisons, etc.  It is interesting that you have...
    If someone went to the dr for a sore throat and they asked if  they owned any firearms, then I see it completely within the realm of possibilities to say “that’s none of your business” or just lie and I do not blame them.

• Options
    unsung said:
    I won't tell Halifax the answer until Halifax says what page of his/her journal he/she is on where the documenting everything that I say is.

It is quite the unhealthy and unnatural obsession Mr./Ms./Mrs. Halifax has with me.  I can see it, page 623, "unsung said that he wants peace with Russia..."  Halifax writes note to self "unsung is a f-ing traitor"!
    Sounds like you may have a stalker.  I suggest you use a VPN, lol
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I guess you “jumped the gun” and responded while I was still editing the post.  Sorry for the confusion.  I have never been asked about gun ownership, seatbelts, poisons, etc.  It is interesting that you have...
    If someone went to the dr for a sore throat and they asked if I owned any firearms, then I see it within the realm of possibilities for them to tell the dr that it is none of their business or flat out lie and I do not blame them.

So, to sum up, it’s my fault for responding to what you wrote because it really wasn’t what you meant to write. 

Did you miss the part where I said originally “when there are children in the home”? Doctors ask parents/caregivers about risks to children all the time. It’s their job. It’s weird that you’re disputing this. It’s got nothing to do with you going in to have your sore throat checked on. 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

If someone went to the dr for a sore throat and they asked if I owned any firearms, then I see it within the realm of possibilities for them to tell the dr that it is none of their business or flat out lie and I do not blame them.

So, to sum up, it’s my fault for responding to what you wrote because it really wasn’t what you meant to write. 

Did you miss the part where I said originally “when there are children in the home”? Doctors ask parents/caregivers about risks to children all the time. It’s their job. It’s weird that you’re disputing this. It’s got nothing to do with you going in to have your sore throat checked on. 
    I have never had a pediatrician ask those questions.  Again, doctors are most likely going to evaluate the specific patients needs and provide extra education on those matters to ones that they are worried about.  Any other parents around here?  Do you get asked where you store poisons, medication, or whether or not you have a child seat when you go to the pediatrician? 

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I have never had a pediatrician ask those questions.  Again, doctors are most likely going to evaluate the specific patients needs and provide extra education on those matters to ones that they are worried about.  Any other parents around here?  Do you get asked where you store poisons, medication, or whether or not you have a child seat when you go to the pediatrician? 

No. If your child’s doctors haven’t asked about these basic things, they aren’t giving medical care to the accepted standards. Sorry, but it’s true. 
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:

Sounds like you may have a stalker.  I suggest you use a VPN, lol
    VPN, hidden browser, and a couple other apps are in play.  Remember,  I am paranoid.  And scared.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

No. If your child’s doctors haven’t asked about these basic things, they aren’t giving medical care to the accepted standards. Sorry, but it’s true. 
    Not true, again, most doctors are probably only going to ask about gun ownership if they are worried the patient is suicidal or homicidal.  Similarly, a pediatrician wound only inquire about safe medication storage/seat belts if they feel the patient is “at-risk” and needs advice on those things.  Sorry you are asked so often, but it sounds like your dr thinks you need extra education.

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    edited July 2018
    I have personally heard doctors ask their patients if they feel safe at home, if they feel they are in danger, and if anyone was hurting them.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    edited July 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I have five kids and have never heard of such a thing. Why would a pediatrician ask that?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I have five kids and have never heard of such a thing. Why would a pediatrician ask that?

I can totally see a Dr asking those questions if it was a teen parent or if a line of other questions led them to feel those questions were appropriate to ask, but not every patient that walks through their door.  Same thing with firearms/knives; “Are you depressed or suicidal” if yes, then “do you have access to firearms or knives or drugs?” To access a suicidal/homicidal “at-risk” level.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited July 2018
    When I took both my newborns home from the hospital they make sure you have a proper car-seat and check to make sure you know how to properly fasten them in.

A couple of days after the birth a nurse comes into our house for a checkup. And every checkup or vaccination appointment we are asked about how things are at home, we are constantly asked questions. Due diligence, it's what professional healthcare providers do.

Edit: This is every parents experience that I know, it's standard procedure.....but in Canada, patients aren't a commodity. 
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    dignin said:
    When I took both my newborns home from the hospital they make sure you have a proper car-seat and check to make sure you know how to properly fasten them in.

A couple of days after the birth a nurse comes into our house for a checkup. And every checkup or vaccination appointment we are asked about how things are at home, we are constantly asked questions. Due diligence, it's what professional healthcare providers do.

Edit: This is every parents experience that I know, it's standard procedure.....but in Canada, patients aren't a commodity. 
    I wouldn’t know anything about the requirements for Canadians.  The nurses actually come to the homes a couple days afterwards?  I think that is a good practice, but just out of curiosity, what happens if someone does not let them in the door?  We are constantly asked questions as well, but they are more so developmental ones to be sure our child is on target and healthy (sleeping, eating, demeanor, etc).  If those questions illicit negative responses, then i’m sure the dr would provide further education.
  • Options
    Well, we already knew that the American medical system was shit, so this is just another nugget of proof. 

The American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines recommends discussing all of theses risks. Again, sorry to hear your kids aren’t getting appropriate medical care. 
  • Options

PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Not true, again, most doctors are probably only going to ask about gun ownership if they are worried the patient is suicidal or homicidal.  Similarly, a pediatrician wound only inquire about safe medication storage/seat belts if they feel the patient is “at-risk” and needs advice on those things.  Sorry you are asked so often, but it sounds like your dr thinks you need extra education.

You’re funny!  

I work in a medical field. I know what the recommendations are.

• Options
    Well, we already knew that the American medical system was shit, so this is just another nugget of proof. 

The American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines recommends discussing all of theses risks. Again, sorry to hear your kids aren’t getting appropriate medical care. 
    But if the girl thinks she's a boy they have no problem giving puberty blocking drugs.  
  • Options
    edited July 2018

My kiddo gets great medical care.  Sorry your dr feels your family to be in an “at risk” population, but that is “none of my business”, lol
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

My kiddo gets great medical care.  Sorry your dr feels your family to be in an “at risk” population.
    Wow, you’re pretty defensive about basic public health issues. 

The guidelines apply to all families, not at risk families. All pediatriciams should be following them. 
  • Options
    When I say it’s too bad your kids aren’t getting appropriate care, I’m being serious. The state of the American health care system is a travesty. One of the main jobs of a Pediatrician is to help parents avoid common childhood risks. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Yeah we should keep the kids safe keep the movement alive don’t loose focus , thanks all for keeping this thread going ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

My kiddo gets great medical care.  Sorry your dr feels your family to be in an “at risk” population.
    Wow, you’re pretty defensive about basic public health issues. 

The guidelines apply to all families, not at risk families. All pediatriciams should be following them. 
    Whatever you say...
    Now, are you storing medication safely, buckling your child up, being sure your tide pods are stored in a safe place?  Do you have a trampoline (tons of kids get hurt on those).  Does your child ride a bike?  Are there scissors in the home?  Do you have a swimming pool?  What kind internet restrictions are in place in your home?  Do you drink or do drugs around your children?  How often do you clean your house and what do you clean with?  What is the age of your car?  Do you live near power lines? How many pets do you have and where do your pets reside?  Do you listen to Justin Beiber?  Can I hook you up to a polygraph to ensure you are answering all of these honestly?
    All of these could be considered public health issues...but I doubt anyone gets asked all of these things when they go to the dr for a checkup.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    I don’t and have never needed to buy or keep weapons in my house I’m 57 , never ever been in a situation where I said to myself “ If only I had a gun “ 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

You’re funny!  

I work in a medical field. I know what the recommendations are.

“I work in a medical field”, lol. I guess I should just believe everything you say then.
  • Options
    When I say it’s too bad your kids aren’t getting appropriate care, I’m being serious. The state of the American health care system is a travesty. One of the main jobs of a Pediatrician is to help parents avoid common childhood risks. 
    They usually have pamphlets in the waiting room for people that do not know the basics...