*** London, UK Fanviews Here 7/17/18 ***

Comments

• wozza77wozza77 Posts: 273
    Not sure if this was commented on, but all through out the show Ed mentioned requests. Pretty much all the individual requests on the porch forum made on to the setlist other than otherside. 

Incredible band and empathy with fans. 

What a special night. I got Oceans, my nephews experienced PJ for first time, my wife got Oceans with me and I am mine which was her next favourite song. 

Fatal, Satans Bed, Its OK,  I won't back down and Breath. Just a perfect night. 

I was Mike's side and only had a couple of idiots that soon moved on. Sounded like centre was worse, hope everyone is ok
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • wozza77wozza77 Posts: 273
    Oh alos anyone else heard Corduroy played like that before? Felt like a cross with Porch and like an encore song. Amazing jam 
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Oh and thanks to @pdalowsky and @WhyNotSweden for being outstanding 10c members . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    wozza77 said:
    Oh alos anyone else heard Corduroy played like that before? Felt like a cross with Porch and like an encore song. Amazing jam 
    They’ve been doing it like that since 2016 tour. We were Mikes side too, seemed ok.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    Good morning all! Reading the reviews has me all excited again. 

I did not mention it above because I’m only going to focus on the positive memories, but i want to validate the comments about some people on the main floor. It was a bit rough with what I can only describe as caricatures of soccer hooligans who will likely be bragging today about their actions. It was unfortunate that what was fun for a few was to make life uncomfortable for others. The comments above are not unfounded, and are even underselling a bit. I think security did their best even if it felt unhelpful at times. 

That said, for me, I have 1000 more memories that feature more prominately in which to focus. 

One of the the more funny moments was Jeff saying he couldn’t sing cause he had a sore throat. You could really see a deviant teasing mixed with love in his face. 

The set list was amazing and highlights for me include:
    Fatal
    I am Mine
    Satan’s Bed
    Mankind
    Eddie standing on the rail in front of me and shaking my hand
    the smiles on all the faces on the band all night, and the seriousness in them during RVM when Eddie asked people to step back; it looked like it called to mind... well enough said. 
    It’s okay full tag.
    You are
    The viking of a security guard breaking his folded arm stance to raise his arms in V during Jeremy, then refolding his arms quickly and looking around with mock guilt and worry he might have been caught. Then, having got away it, highfiving some fans. 
    +990 more...

"...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    edited July 2018
    This is fanview. So that's mine and many others I was with. Many members on here tried to help and the flow of asshole but to see my daughter s face as she was crushed and suffocating . all pulled out and then be separated like an animal from her . Just not what any of my 40 gigs have ever been like.
    How horrible. I am sorry you had to experience that. Some people shouldn’t go to shows. I knew something was going on when Eddie asked us to take three steps back. I really hope your daughter is ok. 

I had a really big, heavy guy in front of me and he started headbanging, but he moved in such a way that he never bothered or even touched anyone else. You can be excited during a show without hurting others at all. There are no excuses for harmful behavior, not even being close to the front.
    Post edited by wishlisa76 on
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    This is fanview. So that's mine and many others I was with. Many members on here tried to help and the flow of asshole but to see my daughter s face as she was crushed and suffocating . all pulled out and then be separated like an animal from her . Just not what any of my 40 gigs have ever been like.

I would have snapped...

Hope she is fine. Damn this situation.

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427

I was lucky enough to be at the Leeds show in 2014 but that was up there with that performance and you knew it would be special with Oceans and NAIS as the openers. The highlights for me were Fatal, Mankind (despite Stone's cock up!), Around The Bend and the full It's OK tag.

It's a shame so many people are commenting on the dickheads in the crowd. We were half way back on Mike's side and it seemed a group of drunk office types only knew Alive and decided that was the cue to barge down the front (probably the same twats forcing their way back to the station after the show).

Now I need to convince my wife that we need a last minute summer holiday to the US...don't think she'll buy it though!

An epic night!

Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 235
    edited July 2018
    Wow just wow. I dont know where to start. After 18 years I finally got to hear Oceans which was amazing. I loved how the whole set was a mix of requests from here and too many to mention that were just awesome- save you, i am mine and green disease -yes! also firsts- so happy. And Fatal and around the bend, triple wow! And then mega yay, after saying on thread for song requests that I would love to hear a Tom Petty cover Ed only blows me away and I know was for Andrea and her request but win win all around!

I started about 4 rows from front centre but within first 3 songs it was clear that a lot of drunk idiots had pushed their way forward and were ones causing issues-none were 10c.  I dont do well with pushing and shoving so I moved back about 10 ‘rows’ and had some lovely people around me. It didn't ruin my night at all thankfully.  Yes there were some over boisterous people some who were rude but hey thats the nature of standing at a rock gig and there were more amazing people who were respectful and friendly and having a great time in my new spot. But i def prefer the sectioned GA.  Im a little offended by english bashing- im always respectful and friendly to everyone i meet and i dont think its fair to tarnish us all. There are idiots everywhere and I witnessed similar dickheads in Rome and Prague. I reallyvHope everyone who were at the front are okay this morning.

This was my 5th show this tour and it was the perfect end to an unbelievable month. Ive met and hung out with some of the best people and a huge thank you to the band of course and also the crew and 10 club for being plain awesome. Please come back soon!

Not sure what to do with myself now for rest of summer and already having withdrawals

Post edited by Micheyb21 on
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • CS160564CS160564 Posts: 34
    I took my daughter to her first Pearl Jam gig last night, she is 11 and really enjoyed it.  We were Mike's side and had great seats. 
    The crowd looked crazy in the middle, although it did look a little too rough at times. (Glad everyone was safe).  It had a real sense of last night of tour about the show, plenty of rarer songs, long encore, Stone singing, fantastic lighting and Eddie's voice was spot on!
    Perhaps because I was looking out for my daughter I didn't feel quite as emotionally connected as I usually am at their shows, that said, when Elderly woman was played I started to think about the gap between albums and tours these days and wondered if I'd get to see them play again...that brought me to tears.  I think I've wiped away a tear  at everyone of their shows down the years, no one else can do that to me. nuff said!
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    So sorry to hear about issues with the crowd, guys. Coming from my hometown it's pretty embarrassing. There's ways to dance/rock out without hurting people and at gigs like PJ there's no excuse for it. Seeing Iron Maiden in the O2 in a few weeks and you'd expect it there but that's not what this band is about.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    The UK is roughly 50% dickheads at the moment so a bunch are bound to get into the safe spaces - sorry to hear about the issues, only advice is that which I give myself ‘get out to Europe as often as possible’.
    Nature drunk and High
  • dingersdingers Posts: 76
    Amazing gig, mostly amazing people, I was 2/3 back from the stage to sounds desk and the crowd, bar two very drunk Europeans, were amazing. Great energy and worth coming back for! Now the only issue if explaining to my boss where I've been as he never approved the holiday for me to go, in my defence he also didn't say no ... lol 
    Reading Festival 2006, London O2 2009, Leeds 2014, MK 2014, EV Solo London 1 2017, London 02 1 & 2 2018, Boston 1 & 2 2018.
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    We asked a few times for them to play Oceans and Breath, as we'd never heard them live somehow, and they did! Made my night! Great show to end the tour. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    What exactly happpen with the crowd? Alot complains at social media
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Spags said:
    The UK is roughly 50% dickheads at the moment so a bunch are bound to get into the safe spaces - sorry to hear about the issues, only advice is that which I give myself ‘get out to Europe as often as possible’.
    100% Correct. This country and its coming home mentally  embarrass  the life out of me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Great set and band performance I must say faultless
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Spags said:
    100% agree. European shows are more sociable. That’s why I’m glad they don’t come to Scotland, we have a higher percentage of dickheads there.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    edited July 2018
    I've read through some negative comments on the crowd here and I have to say that I agree with some of them.

I went to both Amsterdam shows and both London. The Dutch gigs were friendlier and safer. The two London shows had some absolute idiots in the crowd. The first one saw two big charges to the front, at the start of Animal and Even Flow, and it got a little bit stupid. People tried to start mosh pits at both and were not following Ed's advice to "look after each other", just bashing into people. I didn't like that and it was the first time I've seen it at English PJ shows. 

It didn't spoil it for me, far from it, because I can cope with some people jumping around. But some people are not as comfortable with pits starting near them and will have to get out and go to the back. It's not fair on them or the band, given what's happened in the past.

I thought Ed was as diligent as ever and it was great when he asked everyone to take three steps back. He was also keeping a close eye on a situation down the front during Breath, which reminded me of a classic performance of that song.

I would like things to go back to the front being reserved and barriered off for 10c members, as none of the people causing the issues were wearing the wristbands last night, from what I saw. They appeared to be quite drunk, or maybe something else, in the group in front of us and were not giving much consideration to people around them. It's not cool. 

Great show though and I am already looking forward to next time!
    Post edited by Olivavu on
    What exactly happpen with the crowd? Alot complains at social media
    My view . It started with security  checks on the way in. The line wasn't maintained after the body  metal detector. So people  who queued  all day were somehow behind  people  that queue a short while. So then order all mixed. 
    Then whilst waiting the 2hrs in position lots of drunk and angry people getting into space that isn t there.
    Biggest problem  .
    Such small amount of 10c G.A made all standard G.A push and barge everyone put and violent to women and smaller men. Disgusting  behavior  no matter what country or language.  All.10c around me very upset and some hurt . Ribs. Neck  . Back. We all tried to help our fellow friends and members but it was not possible with so many grown men acting like cavemen . Hurting people to push them out of the way. I'm 6 feet and 16 stone. I could not gold my daughter  and partner . Or even myself . Not because  it's a rock concert but because  many assholes can t be kind or even human
    Fuck them ruined  lots of people s gig they waited a long time to go and queue and be excited to get basically battered  . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I'm glad I can't see social media. My partner and daughters are not so small . Many smaller around us . And even men my size . My daughter  is still so upset and in pain . And most of all scared she is 17 not a child. Before anyone says Dont take kids
     She is a woman . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    I'm glad I can't see social media. My partner and daughters are not so small . Many smaller around us . And even men my size . My daughter  is still so upset and in pain . And most of all scared she is 17 not a child. Before anyone says Dont take kids
     She is a woman . 
    Sorry to hear all this, Rob..! 
    Did you fight for your spots or move out the way?
    Hope you were somehow able to enjoy the show anyway.. Setlist sure looks enjoyable

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
    I would only go to amsterdam and Scandinavia  shows if I ever go again. Nice respectful  people.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

The worst experiences I’ve had in GA are Leeds and Manchester, last night was ok where we were but think we were lucky by the sounds of it. Give me Euro shows every day of the week.
  • js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    It was an amazing show and highlighted just how bad Ed was at London 1.  Leagues apart.

Highlight was RVM,  the energy on stage and in the crowd,  especially with moving the crowd back,  was magical.
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
     She is a woman . 

Hey Rob. I hope she and you are going to be okay. In my younger days I was in a couple of rough crowds and I know how scary that feels And I'm almost 6feet tall too. It sounds bad if Eddie stopped and asked everyone to step back. Probably brought up bad memories for him and the band. Sounds like the pit does need to be divided and a no asshole safe zone made. 

She is a woman . 
    Sorry to hear all this, Rob..! 
    Did you fight for your spots or move out the way?
    Hope you were somehow able to enjoy the show anyway.. Setlist sure looks enjoyable
    We had no chance to fight @pdalowsky and his friends  also @WhyNotSweden dis everything to help but the girls were crushed and we all got pulled after 4 songs. Long story but the local security  treated me like an animal  separated me from my daughter and partner. She was sobbing shouting that s my dad. And they would not let me get to her
    (This is after being pulled) as taking us to medical area they were wrestling  me to the ground  in front of all my friends who were rail so they saw all this with their eyes. In the medical area they hold me down when I want to help my distraught daughter  and my partner and daughter . Utterly disgusting.  I am lucky. My friends  ewa  and Keith were with Rob from pj radio
     He came to the medical area and got them to let me see my family.  And I spoke before to Matt the crew  manager  at precious shows
     He came and helped us get a view for a few songs then moved us all the way to the back of the sound desk
    To tell you the truth  they were  great with our daughters  gave them a set list and a drumstick . Me..... I walked off and cried a little stood alone and decided this is not for me anymore.  I could have punched these people and behaved like them...but those who know me. I'm not that man. I'm a soft. Gentle and kind. Love to you who helped and saw the pain in our faces. I knew it was all wrong how I was pulled around by security . All my friends  saw. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    That sounds utterly fucked up  :angry:

I don't know how I would've handled myself in a situation like that.. 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
    I won't go on moaning.  I just want people to be safe and ultimately  not go queue. Pay hundreds for a family day out at the best show in the world. To get that . I looked at Paul as we sang push me and I will resist. Next thing all gone.over.
    Eds face showed his concern at our faces in pain.yes there needs to be a point where people cannot just hammer people and shove smaller people out of the way to better there own experience .I am very upset and yes angry . Angry for the scares my daughter  and step daughter  will have now. Already they both Don t want to go to a show again. I feel responsibility  and guilt for that. Thanks for listening  my dear friends .goodbye rob
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Spags said:
    The UK is roughly 50% dickheads at the moment so a bunch are bound to get into 9the safe spaces - sorry to hear about the issues, only advice is that which I give myself ‘get out to Europe as often as possible’.
    In Barcelona i had 3 guys next to me running a social media marathon of pics, facetime, videos, and selfies. I think there are knobs everywhere but the UK does seem to employ a higher number than most recently.

I was less annoyed in GA in london but i was about 10 rows back on mikes side. Few idiots turning up late and pushing through but as i'm 6'4" i did my best gandalf and "you shall not pass" by not giving an inch to them. 

Sorry to those who either had their nights ruined or had a bad time. Personally for me that was one of my favourite times of seeing them. Great set, ticked off a few never heards and the band were on fire.

Only way to solve this is a seperate front pit for 10c GA. They do it in the US with seats behind but keep the whole floor as GA and just give us our own space as we all deserve it.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2